Posts by Andy_T-V

Speaking from only having made one DI profile (orange Tiny Terror with a Palmer ADIG-LB):

I always use a cab in the stack. I think it is an important part of the Kemper 'chemistry' - how the amp reacts, and so on. In this case I took a Marshall 1x12 from a Mike Britt profile.

I send stereo to FOH and monitor onstage via the monitor out (power head) and a Vox Night Train cab! (Monitor Cab Off in output section)

I feel your pain: Singers don't want you in 'their mix' but you have to have them in yours so you can find them when they get lost!

How about adding 'Instrument' to the headers (Right click and check Instrument) after which a click on Instrument will order the list (alphabetically)? Cross referencing this with e.g. Authors name in 'Search For' can narrow it down a bit.

[quote='G String',
    how do you reproduce it?[/quote]

Press Output
    Turn Monitor Output back and forth from extreme to extreme a few times and ...
    wait ...

just tried it a gain twice in each direction

about a minute's wait then ... DSP Error!

Try to recover ... Yes

Input disabled ... Reboot clears this.

It had been on for around five hours without a problem until I did this procedure re-run

Not sure it is hardware as you are not alone! The only significant change is the FW.
    Happened here too. I got the DSP message after fiddling with the Output routing section and can reproduce it quite easily. Mine recovers OK after a reboot. I have opened a ticket and had a response to say they are on to it. All else seems to be OK and the artefacts when changing performances have gone.

You say you have several cabs already? Sweet! Try them all with the power amplifier. Some will naturally suit different amps profiles better than others (like the real amps do), but only one way to find out

Good advice!

Also, you can create and save output EQ profiles for each cab tailoring the 'colour' to suit yourself . One thing to watch is that speakers will respond differently at different volumes (like real amps do) so you might need different profiles for different scenarios e.g. Vox (studio) - Vox (stage) - Fender DLX studio and so on.

Try a few things before you reach for your wallet!

You can use the monitor out and the direct out as a second pair of stereo outs for monitoring by selecting Master left and Master right as their output source.

This is true, unless you are already using the direct out as part of a loop. It seems odd to me that the only available Right channel is in Direct out and by using the X loop this is lost. There are a large number of Left channel options in Main or Monitor but none for Right.
    For my purposes, I would like something like this (on a power head):
    Monitor (and therefore built in power amp to a speaker) Master Right
    Set Main Outs Master Left and use either to feed a second amp.
    That way I can use the stereo FX as opposed to a Stack output to the internal power amp and mono FX to the second amp.

Unless of course (and this is entirely possible) that I have missed something?!

Ha ... no need to be embarrassed! I had a jam session this morning (birthday surprise for an old college friend). I took a Head and hooked into the FX return of a Studio amp. I was aware of a buzz an kept winding up the gate to kill it. It wasn't until I was packing away that I realised I'd used a speaker lead (unshielded) to make the connection .... Doh!

Good point ... I don't recall putting my MacBook Air into sleep mode but it was already there when I checked, so maybe it is a default setting that arrived in an OS update.