Posts by defectdesigner

I am a bit surprised this is not a bigger discussion. But I also understand, that having an authorized repair network is a big effort.

But, perhaps, there are plant to have network of licensed or recommended repair centers? Dear Kemper, do you have any plans for that? ;)

Yes, pretty much. A nice tutorial, btw! I had used ASIO4ALL, but then there were some more issues with sound. I need to retry Asio4All, since I got a new PC, but I have had issues with it previously..

In the tutorial you suggest Asio, but you write that you use WASAPI, - why is that? I think, it used to work with WASAPI for me, but stopped, - is it instable with Kemper?

Hi guys!

I've had posts about the same topic before, but, perhaps, there are updates?

In short, I used to record from Kemper USB directly to Reaper with a new PC, and then suddenly yesterday Kemper started to deliver empty tracks. Nothing was changed..

Output section on Kemper: DI / Master Mono

Reaper Preferences, Audio System: DirectSound. Input and Output: Profiler.

Then 2 channels on Reaper, setting different Inputs per channel, - one and two.

I tried to change Audio options (DirectSound, WASAPI, WaveOut), - same result.. ASIO stopped showing Profiler as an option.

Heard about this issue? Could not find in a forum..

Hey! I have tried the ASIO4ALL, on the Output Range of Reaper, the First and Last options I get "Not Connected 1" and "Not Connected 2" as the only options... Also, there is no sound out, when I check the recordings.

I ideally need to be recording 2 signals/tracks - the processed one and the stripped line for reamping.

WASAPI gives me an error in Reaper..

Burkhard , as I understand, there will be drivers from Kemper coming in a near future?

Thank you .)

Hi all, thank you for the answers!

What I have: one signal in, and live I use 2 processed signals (main output) out.

Normally without the needed function/pedal what I get out is a processed (distorted) guitar (stack + stomps + effects) - same for both main outputs.

What is needed - when I use the function/pedal, I need to get two outputs, where one output is pitched and has no blends from the unpitched. So, one channel should be original signal out (stack + stomps + effects). And another channel needs to be pitched (stack + stomps + effects + change of pitch), - all pitched and no blend from the unpitched signal.

Parallel path seems to be something else - rather a blending of differently processed channels in one, right?

I try to use Transpose in Effects and it seems like it gives one channel unpitched, but another one, pitched, still has a blend of the original signal out.

PS:

"First I guess you might have used Chromatic Pitch with +50% (detuned signal only) and not -50% (direct signal only)."

- yes, correct, - misprinted. I used +50% and 200% stereo.

Hi all,

I am terribly sorry, I cannot find a similar topic, and I am sure it existed from before..

I need to be able to do one channel pitched when I play live (for some moments).

I think, previously I had used Chromatic Pitch with 200% stereo and -50% mix, and it did the trick, - but now I hear that the original channel blends into the pitched one.

Could you suggest how to make this effect for pitching one channel only? It seems to be quite a simple feature, but for some reason I fail to make it..

Thank you! .

There is a hardware device Torpedo Captor X, that allows to have a stereo effect from one guitar input: the main signal is slightly altered and it gives a stereo effects like two guitars play the same part.

I have tried to use the Kemper delay effects with all possible settings, but cannot reach a similar effect, as the "deviation" should be not consistent - and also the delay time should be shorter (now yet it is very audible, - too "long" delay).

It would be great to have a similar effect in the standard Kemper pack - the Captor X stereo :)

PS: just rechecked all the effects again and found some new. The Delay Widener effect seems to be quite close

The issue is:
    I am one guitarist in the band, so sometimes I need to mute one channel for audience, when I play. Some kind of a stereo effect.
    I have a stereo output in the PA and then mute Left of Right channel.
    And for stage I also use a cabinet output from the power section.
    So I use the setting as you describe, but then when doing the morph thing, PA's left or right channel, that remains "unmuted", becomes louder.

Hi!

I have an issue with Morphing. I noticed, that when I morph 100% one side (no more effects on morphing), the side, that remains "unmuted", becomes louder.
    Made a test: On a rig in a performance, where no other effect was connected except panorama to -5 during morph. This test gave me a pan law of + 3 dB when panned all the way to one side, so when using panorama, you get the combined left and right signal to one side.

Is there any workaround (except for "playing" with volume, when the signal is morphed), so that the remaining signal remains exactly the same, as it used to be, before "muting" of the other channel?
    I need this, cause I mute one channel, when I play live, and it is undesirable to change the volume or other parameters. Besides, I use a cabinet and a stereo output in PA, so if I change the sound level in morphed mode, cabinet sound will change.

Thanks!