Posts by DML

Kemper + remote you can use a longer cable for this.

You can power a pedalboard with pedal power, wall wort, battery, etc.

Stage is like if you have to power the amp at your feet.

And with what would you power your Pedal Power?

The Stage is nothing more than an all-in-one-solution with a build in Pedal Power, but without a power amp.

I guess the supplied power-cable is about 1,8 m long. All you have to do is buy the same power cable but longer, i.e. 6 m. Or if you need longer, you can buy a 10 m power cable. It will cost max. € 15,-.

A simple IEC power socket like on the Stage (and a lot other 230V stage boards) does not look like it's rally stageproof. Fairly simple to put a locking IEC socket (the blue one) in it, right out of the factory.

Or a Powercon would even be better.

But for the form factor, screen, audio interface, and rough horse power I’m attracted by the FM3 and many users are describing a better amp feel in the room compared to Kemper...

And how much is "many"? Do you have any numbers? And related to what? I guess (yes, guessing) there are not a lot of FM3-users at this time, since the FM-3 isn't officialy released yet.

Did you know the Seymour Duncan Power Stage amps are in fact IcePower powermodules build into a Seymour Duncan housing, with the addition of a 3-band EQ? The powered KPA houses an IcePower powermodule as well.

Yes, I'm sure, because I've opened up my Power Stage 700 :)

Well.... A guy can have full tube amp +4x12 cab and make bad music coz he plays badly or the singer or musicien in the band are bad etc Bad musicienship. And another time you'll see an incredibly good show , with a wonderful guitar player playing a Kemper and it will sound 1000 times better than the previous one. I disagree on saying that every Kemper user are below the ''real thing'' and that amp is superior... it depends on the music you make... Especially today as everyone playing 3 chords makes recording and release it on you tube , talent or not...

Did I say every KPA user is below the "the real thing" and that an amp is superior?

My story:

First molded in-ears in 2005, Ultimate Ears UE11pro, pretty expensive but the best investment I ever did. UE11pro had 4 drivers: two for low, one for mid and one for high.

In 2011 I replaced the UE's with Cinepaq molded in-ears (local Dutch in-ear "manufacturer"), again with 4 drivers.

Last november I replaced the Cinpaq's with universal Mackie in-ears MP240, did two gigs with them, but if you're accustomed to molded earpieces universal ones can't match with 'em. So yesterday I've been on a quest for new molded in-ears. A local dealer has Jerry Harvey and Cosmic Ears. Tried all the available models and ended up with Jerry Harvey JH11pro's, with 4-pin cable. Again, a 4-driver earpiece. They will be delivered a month from now.

I think in 90% of all cases, the KPA will do the job very well. But if you are in the 10% ballpark, nothing beats a full tube amp + 4x12 cab. Good luck!!

PS. I don't own a KPA anymore but I'm still active on this great forum.......

Ever tried a Fender Blues Deluxe or Matchless Chieftain? Both are 40 watts but if you crank them to the max, bleeding ears are guaranteed. So it’s totally BS if a venue tells you to limit your output to 40 watts.

And yes, the Kemper has a built in W.A.D. (Wattage Adjusting Device): you can find it on the front panel, it’s a round knob that says “Master Volume”.

I've had the pleasure of working with a few bands Biffy Clyro to name one who have used them in the past but no longer do because they didn't like it and switched to using iso boxes loaded and mic'd.At this level in my experience convinienece isn't always the first choice.
    I'd say 90% percent of the bands ive worked with and respect use the real deal and I've seen plenty trial it and switch back to amps.

You're not the first person to use consumer products on stage though. I remember seeing Steven Carpenter use a laptop with some plugin running to the desk...he uses axe fx now.

So when I buy an isocab and a SM57 and a, let's say, Mesa Triple Rectifier, instandly I'm a professional?
    The Axe FX isn't a consumer product?

Please, can you tell me the difference between a consumer product and a "professional" product, in this line of gear?

This discussion reminds of a conversation I had with Jimmie Vaughan, who was playing in Paradiso Amsterdam, back in the 90's. I was the sound engineer of the supporting act. At that time he was playing with two green Matchless amps. I asked him why he was playing on two amps. His answer was simple: "Two is better than one."
    So more is always better :P

C'mon guys!! Play y'r guitar!!