Posts by EdRaket

So I have used the Kemper (Rack, no power amp) for 3 weeks and I am fully impressed.
    Today I got scared however.
    At band rehearsal the Kemper started to act strangely.
    After, say 45 minutes, I am playing a clean sound. and slowly the sound gets more and more distorted. After 2-3 minutes it sounds like full distortion, lost of noise and stuff.
    It doesn't matter if I change to different rigs. Awful.
    So I shut down the Kemper and restart. Everything is fine and after 2-3- minutes it starts again.
    I change cable, guitar, where I get the power from and so on but this is really happening inside the Kemper.
    Shut it down a few times, keeps repeating.
    So I switch back to my normal amp and after an hour I try agin with the Kemper. No issue, play happy for 1,5 hour.

This makes me very worried. If this would happen during a gig I would be screwed.
    Has anyone had a similar experience before? Or any advice on what to do? Everything looks fine again but I am scared that I do not know what happened here... ?(
    Could there be interference with my Sennheiser 300 IEM G3 In Ear unit that I have in the same rack?

Thanks for sharing.
    You might be even more surprised if you decide to profile some amps.
    That is the biggest wow factor I've seen when people use the kemper and hear it next to their amp.

I will try that later. First have to get all my sounds and make sure I'm comfortable gigging. Than I will give the actual profiling ago.

Well, when I shut down the Kemper while still on the PA, O hear a sound like a big fart slowly leaving the Kemper (hard to explain it otherwise - I'm not joking). I have heard it somewhere in the past also with other electrical devices, but can't remember exactly. Glad I hear no pop :)

Hi, I am struggling to find the right guitar sound for Follow You Follow Me from Genesis. I guess the right delay and flanger/phaser will do the job, but can't get it right.
    I was able to create a good sound with my Eventide H9 but do not know how to get the same thing on the Kemper.
    Can anyone help me out?

This is the setting I use on my H9:

Effect: Tape Echo
    Wet Mix: 27
    Delay Mix: A0+B100
    Delay A: 610 ms
    Delay B: 302 ms
    Feedback A: 38
    Feedback B: 38
    Tempo Off
    Saturation: 3
    Wow: 0
    Flutter: 0
    Filter: 39

Thanks a lot!

Nice to hear! Now for the million dollar question. What FRFR did you go with?
    I got mine yesterday and played it through my Jambox and it sounded amazing :)

I use no FRFR at all playing with the bands. When setting up my sounds in the Kemper, I want to hear it on loud volume. I route my Kemper to the mixing panel and hear sound from the FOH system, being two RCF Evox 8 units (which are really good by itself). Then, when I play with the band, I route the Kemper also to the mixing panel and I use an IEM system myself (Sennheiser EW300 IEM G3). No FRFR or other monitor, just the IEM. As said, everyone in the room say my sound has never been better.

As a response to " I hope it gets better than this" I want to share an experience I had today. I play in two bands and have always played high quality guitar gear. Think of nice guitars (Nik Huber, James Tyler), nice amps (Mesa Boogie RoadKing, Alessandro) and custom made pedal boards with best best pedals. I now have a Kemper for three weeks. I have only listened to a selection of the available rigs and have quickly tried to recreate all the sounds I need to play with these bands.
    The feedback I got today is that all my sounds are so much better than before, especially the clean sounds. On the one hand this is of course great to hear, at the same time, I was a bit shocked. Is this really true?!
    In summary, I am so happy and impressed with my Kemper.

@EdRaket Great rig! How do you power the stuff in the rack? Do you have a picture of the inside? Which Sennheiser IEM do you have?

Hi, in the rack there is not so much to power up: just the KPA and the IEM + one outgoing power con at the back. It is just soldering the cables...I do not have a phone from the inside available, will make it later.
    I use the Sennheiser EW300 G3 IEM. I only started using IEM 3 weeks ago and so far I am happy with it. I am stil getting used to it, but think it is definitely the way forward. This Sennheiser works great and is very solid. My KPY goes straight to the mixer, I have the IEM and no monitor on stage. Not much too carry and less loud noise on stage. About the Sennheiser. You have to be aware however about the country that you are in. You can buy this unit with different frequency ranges, for use in different countries.

Maurizio,
    Thanks a lot for sharing this. When moving towards the Kemper, I always had a few fears, like, how am I gonna get U2 sounds from that box? But you demonstrated it can be done. I am looking for the settings for "I still haven't found what I am looking for". I downloaded your rigs, but there is no rig with that name. Did you use one of the other rigs for this song as well? If so which one? Or can you share the settings? Pleeeeeeease? Thank you so much.

I hope this has not been said before, but I want more edit options when editing performances in the rig manager.
    I would want to edit all parameters. So define what rig in what position in the performance, but als edit all parameters of that rig. Or copy them over. Also linking a stomp in a rig to one of the four buttons on the remote. It seems that the majority of parameters in performances of rigs are not visible and editable in rig manager (or am I missing something?)

OK, I followed these instructions and it works perfectly. I made some changes based pn personal preference:
    - I used pedal 6 and 5 on the Remote, as these were closest to my EP1 channel. In essence everything is the same, you just need to select the right SYSTEM PAGE
    - I use the volt,e pedal to go from nothing to full volume. Just set RANGE to -5.0 on RIG Page 3

So thanks a lot Steven.
    Now I need to find the right settings to get something that sounds like a CryBaby. To be continued.

Hi, I received my Kemper+Remote one week ago and have been working hard to make a case and small pedalboard. As I currently have a huge Tube Amp (Mesa Boogie Roadking) and perhaps the largest pedalboard in the country (I will post a picture), I though that if I go the Kemper direction, I go all the way and will work with IEM and no monitor on stage. So therefore my setup looks as follows (you can click on the picture to enlarge)

Kemper Rack - Front
    [Blocked Image: http://s5.postimg.org/bjcc8w6ab/Kemper_2.jpg]

Kemper Rack - Back
    [Blocked Image: http://s5.postimg.org/r3jpzfger/Kemper_1.jpg]

Pedalboard (still need to attach the wires)
    [Blocked Image: http://s5.postimg.org/56x6z2383/Kemper.jpg]

And my current pedalboard...
    [Blocked Image: http://s5.postimg.org/kqol0m9g3/10383749_10204723673989348_222093776464675006_o.jpg]

...now I have a huge amount of work to do to select the right profiles, setup all performances and stomp boxes and get my pedal working as was/volume. But that is of course also half of the fun.