Posts by firemanjim

Thanks for all the input.

Upon checking the hiss is only coming from the top tweeter section only. This is present even with nothing at all plugged in and all the levels fully counter-clockwise (0 is at 12 o clock so currently set at less than 0).

No matter what buttons I press or seitches I switch or levels I change, the noise is permanantely there.

Possibly this is just normal but I don't know why it would have to be this way.

Hi

I just got a DXR10 mark 2 and as soon as I turn it on I have this hiss sound. It's nothing bad but like the sound you get when you turn something up (with no audio) really really loud but this is present even when everything is on minimal. Coming from using a monitor speaker that was virtually silent when not in use I am finding this really annoying.

Is this normal for this type of speaker? Is dead slient unrealistic? I know it has a fan and I can live with that but the hissing sound is not good.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Guys

Another amateur question - if anyone can help.

I have just got a Focusrite 6i6 and I am trying to work out how to set this thing up.

My main aims are:

1) To be able to switch on my monitor speakers and play guitar with or without the computer on.

2) To be able to plug in a mic and electronic drum kit as well as guitar for people to come round and jam, all through the monitor speakers, with or without a computer.

2) To be able to record guitar (or all of the above) on the computer, ideally with the wet and dry track in case I ever get to try reamping.

I have a small set of M-Audio monitor speakers that fit on my desk and also larger Behringer Truth monitors which I would use for 1 + 2 above. I believe, with this audio interface, I should be able to choose to use either monitors or both if I wanted to.

For now I am focussed on getting the guitar working which I have done via the SPDIF connection. However I now don't have any volume control via the master control on the KPA nor on the monitor volume on the Focusrute and my monitors do not have easy access to any volume.

So I am wondering whether I am doing something wrong or whether I should only use the SPDIF specfically when recording and have a seperate analogue input for the jamming side of things to enable both the master on the KPA and the volume control on the front of the focusrite.

Can anyone advise what they do in this situation or offer any advice on what I should be doing?

Many thanks as ever.

Hi everyone

I am a novice when it comes to everything studio but I like playing guitar and I own a Kemper but at present I am playing through low end monitor speakers and I can’t get an enjoyable sound. In fact this has stopped me picking up the guitar for a long time. This needs to change.

I am not looking to gig - hopefully one day record something - and I enjoy playing guitar at the upper end of what could be considered bedroom volume.

So what sort of speaker should I look at to compliment the Kemper in the best way? Would something like the DXR10, that often is recommended, still be good for this application or is it overkill?

Advice for a novice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the helpful response. I think I understand now.

I guess to be safe I should save my current settings as a fresh preset, even if this duplicates the settings from another preset, so at least I know I can always revert back.

Probably a stupid question but I have an old preset with a Wah. I think this is saved as a present but on the display it just shows Wah Wah - is there a way to tell what preset it might be using from this screen?

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

I guess I will just give it a go with my monitor speakers.

I don't like the idea of my cabs colouring the sound. I would rather dial in sounds that I like that I can jump to rocking out or quietly recording or a combination of both! Will see how it works.

I am not sure how to define loud. Loud enough so if you shout you would struggle to be heard but not quite gig loud!

Hi Guys

I am very excited to be receiving my powered Kemper head tomorrow. However I am unsure what I need in terms of speaker for the ultimate setup.

I didn't really need to go with the powered version as I have never played live however it was the only one in stock and I figure I may be brave enough to one day play live and utitlise one of several cabs I have.

I want to record and also I enjoy pretending that I am playing live to very loud backing tracks so I want the best of both worlds.

Currently I have a couple of Behringer Truth active monitors which I hope will be suitable for my recording needs but I want something that I can use to play like an amp that is not going to colour the sound.

So my question is should I just look for an active FRFR system and just ignore the power amp section (assuming I can do this) or what other options do I have?

Thanks a lot