Finding What Effects Preset

• Probably a stupid question but I have an old preset with a Wah. I think this is saved as a present but on the display it just shows Wah Wah - is there a way to tell what preset it might be using from this screen?

Thanks

• Wah Wah is the name of an Effect Type, which comes up, if you turn the Type Knob while an Effect Module is open. That name is hard-coded in the software. it loads the Effect Type while all parameters are maintained. No Preset involved.

If you want to search Effect Presets you need to turn the Browse Knob while an Effect Module is open. Hopefully you remember its given name and can find it in the list of Effect Presets. The Preset loads the Effect Type AND all its parameter settings.

• Thanks for the helpful response. I think I understand now.

I guess to be safe I should save my current settings as a fresh preset, even if this duplicates the settings from another preset, so at least I know I can always revert back.

• Yes, good plan, and you could delete Presets, which are meaningless for you. The Profiler gets delivered with examples, but you are free to create you shortlist of meaningful Presets.

• Unfortunately I've been guilty of this...not saving as new presets, now I'm never sure what performances or slots I have assigned certain effects/settings :(

I need to clean up my KPA...

• Probably a stupid question but I have an old preset with a Wah. I think this is saved as a present but on the display it just shows Wah Wah - is there a way to tell what preset it might be using from this screen?

Thanks

Thanks for the helpful response. I think I understand now.

I guess to be safe I should save my current settings as a fresh preset, even if this duplicates the settings from another preset, so at least I know I can always revert back.

Unfortunately I've been guilty of this...not saving as new presets, now I'm never sure what performances or slots I have assigned certain effects/settings :(

Welcome to my major Feature Request/Change/Enhancement Request. Try this since you can:

Make ten different variations of the same Effect Type and save them all out without changing the name. Now tell me which one is which.

• Unfortunately I've been guilty of this...not saving as new presets, now I'm never sure what performances or slots I have assigned certain effects/settings :(

Oh my goodness, I need to clean mine up too, it is filled with a lot of junk, tons of it that I don’t use it all.
    :sleeping: