Posts by javcab08

When I bought the case from Sweetwater (which I ended up returning when I bought the Thoman), the Sweetwater rep called me to confirm the case would fit my needs. He did the internal dimensions math himself and came to the same conclusion I did: both would fit.

I recommend buying through Sweetwater. Their customer service is great and if it doesn't suit your needs, their return policy is good and I received a full refund a day or two after they received the case back.

EDIT: after reading through your last comment, I should clarify how we did the math. We did the head standing up and the remote in front of the head... we didn't assume the remote would be on top of the head.

Hi, I have a quick question if you dont mind me getting some feedback from you. Why did you returned the Gator case ?

What was about the Thomann case that made you send the Gator case back ?

Im looking at these two. Also considering going the pelican route mostly because its waterproof.

Thanks a lot !

Hey BryanGonzo where could I find the preset sounds ? Are you talking about effect sounds or profiles ( per song profiles ) ?

I do have tonejunkie’s profiles which were the main reason I bought a kemper again.

For High Gain Im pretty pleased with Choptones profiles. But for worship I do play and love Tonejunkie’s and Brian Carl’s I have I think just what he has posted on the P&W kemper facebook page.

For Bigsky type of reverbs I trust tonejunkie’s but I do also have my Eventide Space Reverb pedal in the kemper’s loop.

Let me know were could I download the Brian Carls sound presets.

Take care. thanks a lot !!

I own an Ax8, so Axe Fx II little brother. Same sounds, just less processing power.

I do also got myself a kemper ( again, a toaster Kemper this time instead of rack ) because I was not ever able to recreate nor find Cleans on the Fractal as I have and hear with the Kemper, Im talking about tonejunkie profiles, Brian Carl, Some Mbritt, but Mostly tonejunkie and Brian Carl profiles. As well for the Worship and ambient tones.

Fractal sounds more open and thumpy on high gain stuff and you can tweak it. Something you cannot do with kemper.

Once a profile has been created you cannot adjust the Gain because then its not that profile anymore.

Kemper high gain profiles to me have that stiffness and dry tone to them. I wish I could profile and tweak my own profiles if I had the gear.

I do not miss the effects from the Fractal. I play my Kemper everyday. My Ax8 just sits under my desk. I dont miss it. Thinking about selling it.

So I'd say is just Gas as others here say. Save yourself the money and maybe get a nice distortion pedal with some midi pedal and thats it.

Kemper delays are beautiful, reverbs are about to get better. So just get maybe one or two really good dist or overdrive pedals and thats it.

I must mention at the moment I run an Eventide Space Reverb pedal in the kemper's loop sometimes for really beautiful reverb sounds. But we will see what the future might bring us all Kemper owners once the new reverbs are released.

Take care. Good Luck !!

So... Honestly, if you're playing ~75% super high gain stuff, I'd say stick with the AX if it just works for you. You need to like your sound in order to perform your best. If you're not getting that vibe from Kemper, then its probably not the best option for you. However, you do have an option on just selling the AX8 and buying a solid Overdrive/BB/Distortion pedal and not missing out on anything. That wouldn't necessarily ring true for the AX8 since you can't just go and buy a clean pedal. I would also note that you should be able to find at least one profile that moves you in a pool of 13k free and countless professionally made/commercial profiles that are available. I'd start with looking at Diezel's, Orange, or Trainwreck profiles galore.

Hey Thanks BryanGonzo , I cant recreate some of my ambient, worship and beautiful cleans on the Ax8. I do play both cleans and not so much high gain over saturated, I mostly play high gain up to 3 o clock and thats pushing it. im thinking about doing a 4 cm between the Kemper and Ax8 having the fractal ir's take over but still having kemper cleans. I've been thinking about just keeping the Kemper eventually and work my way around the stiffness i find in some high gain profiles, the thing is that some profiles have too much gain on them as we know the kemper is not a modeler so I never tweak the gain knob at all, otherwise the profile itself gets lost.

Thinking about what overdrive pedals I could get ( JJ rockett Archer with graphic eq, Pro Tone Tosin Abasi, and sell the other unit to afford these, a remote and maybe a Two Notes Audio device.

I did this already Kemper into Ax8 loop but I was missing my Eventide Space Reverb.

Anyone any good profile makers you would recommend BryanGonzo ? take care

Happy to help if I can...I have no experience of the Ax8 but I know its a great unit. Simplicity is a priority for me so personally I would keep looking for the 1 solution but as BryanGonzo said, you need to find a sound that moves you. Kemper high gains do work for me. I know you are saying you hear some missing "x" factor so maybeit isn;t the right unit for you.

I just bought the cililab Herbert rigs, which I think are pretty good.

Anyway, good luck!

Hey V8guitar, I like the simplicity of the Kemper. I will look into the cililab Herbert rigs.

Thanks again. Take care V8guitar.

I tried an Axe FX III a couple of months back and couldn't get a nice high gain tone out of it...I was too used to the Kemper sound, tone and feel. Keep looking at profiles, there are some really good ones out there, javcab08.

Hey !!

I know there’s some good ones out there just dont know where lol.

I did tweaked John Deiley Stl tones Northlane’s Diezel Ch3 profile a bit, specially at the cab block, and little on the amp block in Definition and pick. Also lowered the stomp gain a bit. It sounds better to me. Also watching tonejunkie’s kemper videos has helped me a lot in understanding the kemper.

It kind of feels like owning both products helps with understanding their capabilities and strengths.

Thanks jonathanthomas83

I'm surprised you can't find good high gain sounds and it might depend on what you are playing through....can you not profile some of the AX8 gain sounds?

I assume you've tried some of the diezel, ENGL and Mesa profiles?

Hey V8guitar ! Good

I would think that at profiling the Ax8 gain sounds would still sound like Kemper to my ears. Kemper has this thing on the cab section where it just sounds the way I described it before. I do find this stiffness works great for cleans and edge of breakup tones much better than for high gain for some reason. Im playing thru a Friedman Asm-12 with the Low cut switch on and/or thru into my scarlett 6i6 and beyerdynamics dt770 studio headphones.

I was actually thinking trying running both as in a Wet/dry setup but then its just get confusing.

I was running the kemper into the Ax8’s loop and there was this Diezel profile i like. So I bypassed the cab block in it and used one of sinmix Ir’s i have bought for the ax8. It sounded more open, thumpy and less spiky. More clear to my ears.

Thanks V8guitar ☕️

Hi. I really like your opinions in the subject.

Going through the same trouble/quest as well.

By about a month ago I bought myself a Toaster Kemper ( i used to own a rack version with the remote ), Had the Ax8 already ( the reason why I sold my whole Kemper rack 4 space gator case and furman, kemper remote and mission pedal, the whole pack. Ax8 seemed more of a portable solution, But for some reason I was and have not been happy with the Cleans or those edge of breakup tones I was getting from the Ax8.

I remembered my kemper sounding and feeling a lot more like a real tube amp thru my Friedman Asm-12. Specially Tonejunkie profiles and worship performances by Joseph Wu and GuitarforHisglory.

Anyhow, got myself a toaster and I love it, love the real feel, and having much more fun and actually "playing my guitar" instead of tweaking and searching for the right effects chain on the Ax8's grid.

I was thinking in using the Ax8 as a midi controller for the Kemper and running the Kemper into teh Ax8's loop, which I did. But Just the Kemper by itself souds great.

NoW, this is my observation and I apologize for all the previous talking ...

To my ears the Kemper is wonderful in cleans, edge of breakup and ambient tones.

The Ax8 is great at High Gain stuff.

Kemper profiles of High Gain sound very stiff. Ax8's High Gain presets have this openness to them and thump as a real amp and cab, although Fractal sounds and feels like a recorded version of the amp. Kemper sounds and feels like the amp and cab themselves.

I dont know what to do. Because I have my Eventide Space reverb on the kemper's loop and it beats Fractal's reverbs and ambient. Kemper delays are superb.

But Kemper drives are not that great. With the Ax8 I hace cloned already some overdrives I'll use.

Kemper into Fractal Ax8 loop sounds good.

I wonder how Fractal into Kemper's loop would sound. Anyone have done this ??

take care.

PS: still dont know what to do, keep Ax8 and use it as a midi controller for Kemper and use some of its effects?

Sell Ax8 and get a Kemper remote, one or two overdrive pedals ?

God Bless.

I cannot imagine that a TRS cable caused that issue except if it's broken. If you connect TS sockets via a TRS cable, the tip and sleeve contacts do the job and the ring contacts stays idle. That makes no practical difference. You had confirmed, that your Eventide received an input signal. So either the Eventide didn't produce an output signal or your TRS cable into the RETURN input was broken. The PROFILER RETURN is even a balanced input. So it can handle both balanced (TRS) and unbalanced (TS) wiring.

Check it out. Replace the TS cable from the Eventide into the PROFILER RETURN against a working TRS cable.

Hey Burkhard. Yeah I know im aware of the TRS cable making no practical difference.

Now I used TRS cable into the Kemper's Return and it worked. I thought it might've been that one preset on my Space Reverb Pedal,

I tried the preset with TRS Cables again and it works. So I honestly do not know what the problem was to start with.

If anyone please, moderators, or someone please feel free to delete or do as needed with this post.

Thanks again Burkhard for your time and feedback, I honestly dont know what happened.

5.6.2 = 5.5.2 + Spring Reverb

That is not the reason.

I know, its weird, but somehow Its working now ?

mmm.... so all I ended up doing was Changing from TRS cables to regular instrument cables and "that" fixed it somehow ...

So I guess having Trs cables doesnt work.

Eventide Space Reverb on the Kemper's Loop with instrument cables ( x2 ) works.

Thanks so Much Burkhard for your attention and time. Thanks a lot.

Are you using current software? We are at 5.5.2 Release.

I tested ALTERNATIVE IN as Input Source and Loop Mono in Module X and it can coexist and works.

Or is there a conflict with the Aux In function? Make sure you crank down the three Aux In Mix controls.

Hi. So I checked and my kemper has Spring Reverb Preview : 5.6.2.13481B os version.

So I guess I will back track to 5.5.2 release since the one on my profiler seems to be a Beta release.

Thanks

Are you using current software? We are at 5.5.2 Release.

I tested ALTERNATIVE IN as Input Source and Loop Mono in Module X and it can coexist and works.

Or is there a conflict with the Aux In function? Make sure you crank down the three Aux In Mix controls.

hi thanks so much for your feedback

Im running last firmware last time i checked i saw Spring reverb firmware from july this year.

Not sure i think it is 5.6 something

Aux levels are all 3 down to zero.

Thanks for trying this in your rig and your feedbck. I will verify and look into it

Thanks

Hi. Please feel free to redirect me to the correct thread if there’s any.

I just got myself a toaster version after almost A year ago of having sold my kemper rack and remote. Anyways, Im back because I love the cleans from kemper and ambient sounds.

So. Please help me figure this out Please ?

Im running my Kemper into Fractal Ax8 loop. Im using the alternative input on the back of the toaster to get the send signal from my other device. Kemper main out goes in stereo into Other device’s return.

My problem is and I dont know why the effects loop on the kemper doesnt work ? Im trying and i have connected an Eventide Space Reverb to the Kemper’s effect loop as in :

Kemper send ( direct out set to main mono ) to space reverb input set to line level input on the device.

Space mono out set to line level into kemper’s return. But I get no sound.

Eventide gets signal from kemper as i see it on the Eventide’s editor input output levels meteR

I have selected mono effect loop in kemper and it doesn’t matter if this is positioned on slot X or Mod , I get no sound coming from The return.

Anyone please ? Is this due to Alternative input being used as Main input ( on input setting i have selected Alternative input as “ the input” since im receiving my guitar signal from Ax8 )

Is the alternative input a separate input on its own ? Or is it part of the kemper’s effects loop return and is not letting me use the kemper’s return by itself ? Because when I look on the back of the Kemper, Effects return and Alternative Input are Physically next to each other but not under the “same tab”.

Thanks so much. Any help is so much appreciated.

Happy to be back at Kemper.

Love ma’ tonejunkie profiles ?❤️??:)