Posts by gruntplucker11b

The first thing I'm going to do is fire this up through my Yahamas HS8s. I'll try the cab with cab sims on for sure though. I've noticed a lot of companies are now making FRFR cab solutions and it seems like the Kemper is able to really take full advantage of them. I might even order an Avatar 2x12 FRFR cab and demo it next to my mesa 2x12.

For some reason I'm really intimidated by the Kemper. I think it's because I'm used to the idea of modeling. I tried the AxeFx 2XL+ and after 4 hours of non stop tweaking I had to just send it back. It must be the fact that the Kemper is a completely different approach. When I first read about it I thought to myself "ah ha!" that's what tube amp lovers have been waiting for!

I'm surprised it's taken me this long to finally buy ?(

I ordered a powered kemper rack and since the kemper/remote bundle is out of stock at Sweetwater I have to wait a week or so. Well, I'm watching videos and reading posts and I can't seem to get a clear idea of whether I've made the right choice or not.

I ordered the powered version with the idea of running it through a Mesa 2x12 for jamming at home and playing with friends and using it for recording using my Yamaha HS8s. I've done quite a bit of research so I know I can find merged profiles (or make my own) that I can use to run the cab and yamahas at the same time.

Here's my question/s....

-Is this how you all out there are using the powered version? Cab "sims off" through your cab and "sims on" through studio monitors or FOH?

-Or should I have purchased the unpowered and just bought a Gemini powered 2x12 and call it a day?

I'm already confident that the Kemper is gonna be great through my monitors, but I want to have a really good sounding option for jamming loud and getting that amp in the room feel. I saw a video of Michael Britt playing a powered Kemper through a Mohave 4x12 and my jaw hit the floor. It sure sounds like a tube amp to me.......

Thank you in advance for your help!