Posts by AdrianKe

DamianGreda

That is certainly one way of doing it. My steps just differs a bit and I edit in performance mode.

1. Copy rig (eg.1)

2. Go to new rig position in performance (eg.2) and paste rig

3. Hold amp and cab and browse to other profile

Seems like a little less buttons to push but both workarounds will work.

I've just started a feature request for saving the entire stomp block and FX block to allow us to browse 'presets sets' in those sections, hope it makes sense.

It will be very useful to have a feature silimar to copying/saving/browsing the stomp section and FX section as with the head when using the stomp and fx block buttons. My suggestion is to make it similar to how the stack section can be accessed on the Stage by holding the two buttons (amp and cab) or one (amp) and immediately thereafter (cab) to enter in a stack browsing mode. Then there can be a save soft button and the browse knob can browse presets of the entire stomp section and FX section respectively.

I also find the Misson pedal perfect for wah, but I don't like the way it works for volume. The travel is too short and it doesn't sound as musical.

Could this be a linear taper vs audio taper thing?

From my understanding I think that is the exact issue, the Mission (like the Cry Baby) probably pick up quickly from heel position to middle and peaks with little difference at the end, this will make the sweep seem short. Volume is the inverse and gives you a slower perceivable hike from heal to mid position. I might be wrong here but thats how I understand it.

Hello AdrianKe, this sounds helpful for me, too!I use tow Ernie Ball Jr 25K...
    would this little modification help me to get a better sweep for way and volume?
    And what kind of resistor is your recommendation?
    Best regards, Mario

The acceptable impedance range of the Kemper is 10kOhm min and 100kOhm max. With the cable mine comes in at 24KOhm so the sweep will be similar.

To answer your question, the "resistor cable" with the 27kOhm resistor will put your pedal out of range and not be usable. Whether a resistor will improve your sweep or not I don't have enough knowledge on this but the mission KP-1 uses a 10KOhm pot and I don't think you can lower the ohm value enough with resistors. (again, I have very limited knowledge)

From my experience with the Jr, the sweep is good enough for volume swells but from my understanding of wah pedals it's too short. Seems like a trade-off between the short (wah) and longer (volume) sweeps.

Never heard of a modded cable, but I know the VP jr breaks the string eventually.
    The mission pedal is green, it works great, I have it. It's an expensive crybaby, but it works great.

Tommyguitar, you basically just add a resistor between the tip and ring lugs inside the stereo jack going into the remote. This changes the range of the 250k pot in the Jr and brings it into the range accepted by the Kemper. It's a cheap solution for someone who recently changed from a traditional setup to a Kemper and requires no modification to the Jr pedal.

Thanks

I had the Mission pedal and quickly sold it. The reason was to me anyway I didn't like the extremely narrow sweep range of the pedal for volume swells. It was fine for wah effects though.

Thanks, that is good advice, I enjoy the longer sweep as well. Currently I don't use alot of wah so am not at a big loss. Maybe I should try find a mission pedal locally to feel the sweep

Hi, does anyone here have experience using the Mission EP1-KP expression pedal and Ernie Ball Jr. (with modded cable) with the Kemper?

I am currently using a Ernie Ball Jr. with modded cable as my expression pedal for volume and wah and would like to know if the Mission pedal is worth spending some extra cash on. I prefer using only one expression pedal for simplicity sake and can see the extra switch on the Mission pedal becoming handy.

I know about the obvious differences in the mechanism and that the Mission pedal have a switch added but would appreciate your experiences with these units.

Hi, does anyone here have experience using the Mission EP1-KP expression pedal and Ernie Ball Jr. (with modded cable) with the Kemper?

I am currently using a Ernie Ball Jr. with modded cable as my expression pedal for volume and wah and would like to know if the Mission pedal is worth spending some extra cash on. I prefer using only one expression pedal for simplicity sake and can see the extra switch on the Mission pedal becoming handy.

I know about the obvious differences in the mechanism and that the Mission pedal have a switch added but would appreciate your experiences with these units.

First off I would recommend you join the Kemper P&W Facebook group. This gets discussed a lot over there. A couple of the guys are sharing their own performances that are their go-to for P&W.

Check out Joseph Wu's for example, sounds really good. I've used the last two Sundays. Here's the link to his video, check the notes on how to download the performance:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi KPA_Leader, I will definately join the group, thanks for the suggestion and link. Much appreciated!

Look at page 5 on the system menu. Your options are there. Basically AFAIK, you can have two, depending on which options are checked and what is enabled within your slot. My pedal is set to send morph (CC#11 I think). It becomes a Wah if Wah is enabled in that slot. So, Wah off = Morph, Wah on = Wah

Thanks Gizmo, I will have a look, maybe just need to play around with the feature a bit more.

Locking the effects on both sides - as well as saving Stomp and Post groups is a really handy method that I'm only now taking advantage of. Great tips on this thread. Thanks!

jmillion, have never thought of locking effects blocks. Good idea! The only issue I might foresee is drive stomps volume and gain levels when using different amps with different gain levels but again, why use drive stomps when you can use driven amps. Anyway, think it might be a good idea to explore, thanks!

I generally set up performances based upon a specific amp. I set up slots 1-5 with different profiles (most of the time - in at least once instance, I have a performance that is based on only two profiles that I liked enough to tweak for the other three slots) going from clean to a 'high' gain (for me) lead. I use the morph to boost the amp volume 4 dB but am considering going back to 6dB since the current band I am in the drummer bangs a lot harder, and I play more lead. Similarly, boosts or fuzz (i.e. green scream) boost 4dB. Other effects are generally limited with my current configuration, but in the past I have set up 'exact' copies of an amp performance and put different effect configurations above and below such that instead of hitting specific effect buttons, I could go up or down a performance to get to a specific effect set up - i.e. go up a performance and the wha wha pedal is already on, ready and waiting. Not necessarily efficient but there was a reason and methodology at the time.

Generally now, what I do is I have six 'go to' amp performances. When and if I get to sound check, I try to run through them and decide which sounds best for the room I am in and I will try to stay with that amp performance most of the gig, straying to others only if I need a specific effect or gain level that isn't in the current performance.

I currently also have 3 'go to' performances set up with typical tones (fender-, vox-, marshall-style) to use for rehearsals to get a feel of what each song requires. I have to say, using these simple 'go to' setups is ideal with regards to limiting footwork, especially if you are also doing vocals, but it has limits when is comes to complex effects combinations which are more specific. I might be asking a rookie question but is it possible to run your single expression pedal in wah, volume and morphing? (but obviously in different slots/performances) If so, how are you achieving this?

Thanks Gizmo, using 3-4 slots with fx locked in the same spots sounds like a good idea. I think I might try using performances for different amp models with varying gain levels and then the slots as 'effects bundles', I try to keep my footwork to the minimum, have always even with my previous, pre-kemper setup.

Hi all,

I would like to find out how you are organizing patches live. I play in a P&W band (only electric so lead and rhythm combined) and there is alot of different effects and complex tones used in one set therefore a simple clean-medium drive-more drive setup is quite limiting. I've tried different methods, 5 patches a set, 1 bank per song and a mix of different patches and songs per bank but would like to find out how you are organizing patches live and what is easiest to you.

I enjoy a simple setup and mostly go to a 5 patches per live set and make-do within those 5 patches. Usually labelled 1-clean, 2-drive, 3-drive+delay, 4-breakup+ambient reverb, 5-ambient pad. To me the 1 bank per song with patches allocated to parts of a song setup takes up too much footwork.

Thanks, good to hear, I have no attachment to a pedal and rather consider it wasted cash if I can get 90% of the sound from the Kemper alone. And having only a Kemper and footcontroller makes a simpler rig and that I indeed add alot of value to.I am also excited about the new delays, seems very promising!

Hi, gaan goed hier, hoop dieselfde met jou! Ek wil self bietjie Australia bietjie gaan uitkyk iewers! Good to hear from you! Well, thanks for the message! Have been in Netherlands a year ago for a few months and met some South Africans, always a pleasure!

Is there any ex-Big Sky users here. I am contemplating letting mine go after spending a week with the Kemper. I have set up similar rigs one with Kemper only and another with the Kemper+Big Sky combo and A/B'd them. There is definitely a difference but I would say the Kemper can get within 80-90% there on the same sound/mood that the Big Sky can create. The big difference is the Big Sky can do alot of 'weirder' reverbs, eg. choral (ooh-ahh's). I almost never use the odd reverbs, just some hall, spring, cloud and shimmer. So my question, has anyone owned a Big Sky and sold it and had regrets? If so, why?