Posts by dallasclemyck

@maverick4417 and @timdabel, thanks guys. Tim, I'll take you up on that convo invitation in the future for sure. I always have questions, but I find that I can usually find older threads that answer them. No one likes the guy that asks stupid questions that have been asked a million times haha.

Where are these MBritt Matchless BC6 and Fender '65 Princeton profiles? I have the MBritt Rig Pack 2, and I'm looking at several of the other packs right now, including Rig Exchange.

Perhaps I am blindly missing it, in which case I apologize!

I've really been enjoying the MBritt /13 JRT 915 Low-gain profiles in developing KPA Performances for church, to bring it back to the OP.

I really liked the Fender 65 Princeton...

@timdabel Thanks a bunch mate! I'll try that Princeton. I found, in one of my MBritt packs, a Ceriatone SRV profile. It's got a nice presence, a nice cut, and it's got that SRV jangle (not an el84 jangle). Still finding my way, being a new user, but the learning curve is almost over I think haha. It wasn't that bad. Glad I read the manuals before actually getting it.

The P&W director at my church borrowed a Kemper this past week for recording, upon my advice. He's a tube purist. Got a text from him, and all it said was "you were right about the kemper." Last I heard, he's ordering 3 for the church. I look forward to being able to just bring a USB stick, remote and guitar on Sundays haha.

I would kindly ask Kemper staff to consider adding a folder to this forum entitled, "Amp/Cab/Pedal Profile Requests". Explanation below.

Hello my friends ! :) I'm a KPA newbie and have only owned it for a weekend. That said, I spent about 15 hours this weekend, playing/tweaking/learning because the unit is just so flippin' awesome. Ihave spent ample time on Rig Exchange and Rig Manager. I have also purchased a few profile packs from highly-regarded 3rd party vendors. I have also read all manuals at least 3 times each.

Even though it seems that most amps have been profiled, I'm sure there are still some amps or amp/cab/pedal combinations that users are still craving.

For example: I would love to have a profile of a Duesenberg Berlin, but there aren't many around the Western Canada area. None, actually.

Advantages to this addition:
    1) Profile pool would become even better!
    2) Those who make an income from selling profiles could better see what demand is still present
    3) The "little guys" who are hoping to make a dent in the Profile Sales Market would have an opportunity to meet existing market demand.
    4) Profiles in high demand could be tweaked with new combinations of cabs and pedals.

Disadvantages to this addition:
    1) Laziness could lead to bad threads. Eg. User A asks for a profile of a Vox AC30/Alnico Blue. 50 million other users tell User A to use Rig Exchange/Manager lol.

Thoughts? If it's a bad suggestion, no worries. I would, however, still like a profile of a Duesenberg Berlin. Anyone? Bueler?

Hello friends,

Will soon use my Kemper live for the first time. Based on venue layout, I will set my output to mono. Two questions:

1) what happens to stereo effects when master mono is used?

2) if master mono is selected as the output, using only one XLR or TS will be sufficient, and using two would be redundant, correct?

Thanks!

I have an Output Level question. I typically use a couple Suhr Classic Antiquities into M Britt profiles, (Cal Texan, /13's, AC 15, Bogner Soul), Remote and Thru-Tone modded EB Jr. EX-S as Volume Pedal. (Great Pedal!!!)

I have been going direct with Left XLR to the board. (Using Westone AM Pro 30 IEM into ME-1 mixer similar to Avion as monitor) It seems as the Sound Board guys can't seem to get my levels right. This week I had to run the KPA Output Level at -20db plus push in the -12db soft button, so I guess I'm at -32db? Is that "too weak" to get a good guitar tone. What does everyone else do? Thanks

Kempmel, hello sir! I believe you have the wrong thread here. There is a search bar in the top right corner of the page. I've had awesome luck with finding old threads that answer most of my questions, one of which you pose. Also, there is a KPA Users Facebook page. It has recently seen your exact question discussed in-depth. While I am not an expert yet, having only owned a KPA for three days, I do know that most describe Kemper's direct output as quite hot. Many users have their Output level between -15 db to the level you describe. I would ask your sound engineers about the signal they are receiving. If you're getting good tone, you're getting good tone. Cheers!

If you decided you wanted to try something different than a Vox AC30, what profiles would you use? I realize I am in the minority when it comes to P&W guitarists, who all seem to love the Vox sound, but I will say that I like other EL84 amps.

I'm a new user, I've purchased two MBritt Rig Packs (#2 & '69 Marshall) and I'm busy making performances for church sets.

Thinking I'll probably test out a few /13, Marshall, Z Wreck and Fender profiles for now.

Hello to my new friends!

New registered user here, a new KPA owner, and happy to be part of the community! Here's my rig.

Currently budgeting and saving for an interface and a studio monitor system. Until then, I'm using my Shure 535 IEM's to make my tones. As far as I know, 535's have a flat EQ.

Just wanting to confirm that, when I gig, sound engineers will recieve the same tones that I have made, and that 535's aren't skewing the eq's in my editing.

Cheers,
    DC

Hello, and great question posed! Just wanted to offer my $0.02 as a brand new user. Actually, I'm not even that; my KPA and Remote are due to arrive tomorrow. I'm pumped. I digress.

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't have use for a Kemper course. I actually read all manuals in entirety and watched the official YouTube tutorials prior to ordering my unit. I've been reading these forums since February, and I'm finding that any questions I have are being answered by the forums and resources listed above. That said, I realize that some individuals learn better from course-type education.

Rock on!

EDIT - I've been a Kemper owner for just over a month now, and the manuals and existing online tutorials have been sufficient thus far. I would not pay for a course.

I really like the OD/dist/fuzz Stomps in the Kemper, though the fuzzes don't react exactly like the real-world pedals when using your guitars volume control. There are so many different flavours of fuzz though, so if you have a pedal that you like and can't do without, it makes sense to keep it. There's no Stomp that sounds exactly like a Klon, unless you're only using the pedal as a boost in front of a dirty amp, then I'm sure you'll be able to make do with one of the Boost Stomps or one of the ODs with the gain/drive turned down. The Green Scream sounds exactly like my original TS9 when I dial it in (taking account of the differences between the TS808, which it is modelled on, and a TS9), so no worries there. I've never liked Rat pedals, so never use that Stomp and don't know how authentic it is. The DS1 emulation is pretty neat. You can definitely get that Surfing/Flying in a Blue Dream Satch tone using that in front of a Marshally profile. Sticking a boost in front of the Kemper reacts the same way it does in front of an amp, by the way. In the beginning, I used my Kemper much like I would my AC30TB, running a pedal board in front. I never had any problems and volume boosts are certainly possible.

I'd definitely hang on to the Univibe pedal. The workarounds in the Kemper (Vibe Phaser, Wah Frequency Shifter) just don't have the wobble that most dedicated clones have. The Kemper variants are OK to give some of that Univibe flavour, but you'll never get that Hendrix Machine Gun tone spot on, unfortunately.

Sambrox, I really appreciate your reply mate. It confirmed a few things for me. I'm glad I held onto these pedals. I always buy pre-owned stuff to mitigate the loss of investment. I'm counting on using the amps for distortion, as opposed to overdrive, so I am hopeful that the results of pushing clean or slightly broken-up tones with said pedals will be positive.

Apoholic, I feel ya mate. I was put on the waitlist for a King of Tone a year ago. When the time comes, I'll probably buy it and experiment. I hear you can get your money's worth on those too, if you sell them haha.

A big thank-you to the rest of you, as well! This community is so helpful and knowledgeable.

I kept my beloved Lovepedal Kalamazoo and Fuzz Face, and I have yet to use either. I kept the Kalamazoo because it has a certain characteristic that i love. It's been described as Klon-like. For me it ads an awesome mid range thwomp to the sound. It basically adds balls to just about any tone, weather clean or dirty. I have been able to find that sound in the Kemper.

As far as the volume boost, I would assume for this to be possible the pedal would have to be in the effects loop like a traditional amp, but i may be wrong. *EDIT* (volume boost is also easily achievable in the Kemper)

Also, I have found that many profiles come with multiple variations that will often include boutique OD pedals "baked in" to the profile. The gain knob works really well to add more dirt as well. It reacts very naturally, even on amps that were profiled fairly clean. You could always save the same rig setup twice and just add more gain to the second one if you are purely after more dirt.

Sunshine, thank you for the advice. My thinking aligns with yours with regards to how the loop would react to a pedal being used for a volume boost. I shall look for profiles with similar stompboxes already employed. This is somewhat confusing to me, because I have read that profiling a pedal is not possible, which makes perfect sense to me. I guess the profiling process, when used with a valve amp/stompbox combo, takes the cumulative IR's to make the profile? Cheers :)

Hello! I would preamble by saying that I have scoured previous threads thoroughly regarding this topic. Most replies are 2-3 years old, and I have been reading (from threads) that updates have addressed stompbox issues.

My KPA/Remote/2x EP1-KP's have not yet arrived. I sold off all of my modulation, reverb and delay pedals, along with my valve amps. I am fully confident OS 5.1 has me covered in this area.

I don't yet trust the abilities of the internal OD, distortion and fuzz stompboxes to get the type of tone I like. Therefore, I have kept the following pedals to experiment with running into the front of the input.

- Analogman Sunface BC183 (aware of the KPA Fuzzface & Big Muff)
    - Wampler Ego Compressor (aware that the internal compressor is awesome, really just wanting to experiment with this)
    - MXR Univibe (I am also aware that the KPA has a vibe; holding onto this to use in front of the next two pedals, if I like the pairing with the KPA)
    - Badgerplex Vintage Pre (my desert island pedal - brings no drive or saturation, just a "sparkle" to clean & breakup tones)
    - Rockett Archer Ikon (Klon clone)

All pedals will be powered with fully isolated power supply.

1. Does anyone have experience with running any of these specific pedals into their KPA?
    2. If I want to boost a rig with either my Badgerplex or Archer, will I get a volume boost in addition to gain (depending on how the pedals are set), or will it just compress or clip?

I gravitate towards Country, Rock and P&W music. I will be using a lot of Matchless, Vox, Dumble, Two Rock, Dr Z, /13 profiles by MBritt.

I know the bulk of answers will come as a result of experimenting myself and tweaking according to my ears. I'm just excited to get it, and haven't seen threads that address the use of these pedals. I will sell the aforementioned pedals if the internal stompboxes work just as well. If it turns out I can't get a volume boost (in addition to gain) from external pedals, I will employ various settings on the expression pedals as well as morphing capabilities.

I appreciate your replies in advance :)

Hello to my new found profiling friends! I'm Dallas.

After much research and anguish, I sold all of my analog gear and bestowed the entirety of my faith into something that I've never tested or seen used in real life: the KPA. I bought an un-powered Toaster/Remote/2xEP1-KP's. I've read all of the available manuals but I know I'm going to have to read them all a few more times; I do not wish to clutter this forum with topics that have inevitably been covered already :). I see tons of potential in the morphing feature, and plan to use it a ton.

I've been told that my Kemper is still about 4 days away from arriving, and I'm passionate about it to the point of already convincing a mate to sell his amp & pedals as well!

I have heard many say that the KPA is the best piece of gear they've invested in, and I can't wait to be able to say that I concur.

Lastly, I just wanted to say thanks for posting a ton of great advice that has already answered a ton of my questions, as I have been reading your dialogues since I joined in February.

Kind Regards from Vancouver Canada!
    -D

Hello! My Kemper & Remote is being shipped to me. As such, I cannot measure the lengths of the TRS/TS cables needed. I am trying to keep everything as neat as possible and do not want excess cable. I plan to use two EP1's on the right side of the remote, using only 90 degree connectors. I will be using all Remote inputs, to use volume/wah/pitch/morphing functions, as described in tutorials. I'll need 2 different lengths. From pictures, I am guessing to need:

For 1st Mission EP1 - 1 set of TRS & TS cables @ 8 inches long
    For 2nd Mission EP1 - 1 set of TRS & TS cables @ 16 inches long

To those of you who employ the same setup, are the above lengths correct, or would you suggest different lengths?

Thank you in advance :)