Posts by kempermatt76

This is a great little diy camplifier project!

I have a thought on the power idea (and is probably what i'll do with mine as i've been looking at this for sometime now)

how about a short IEC tail coming through a gland on the amp panel and then going to a right angled iec in to the kemper? other end gets soldered to the back of the inlet for the amp.

Thumbs up again though!!!

Had a chance to play around with your profile @kempermatt76..... it sounds a tad boxy for me through my 2x12 FRFR ......just a personal opinion obviously.

no worries at all mate, opinions appreciated. it gives me some ideas on how to improve my techniques with profiling.

when i did the profile i did make a mini tent of doom with an old cut up memory foam mattress which may have absorbed too much.

Hi all,

had a quick profile of my new Mesa Thiele loaded with the C90 driver.

Mic’d using the Fredman technique, blended through a ub802 then back to the Kemper.

Profile is called MkivA + Thiele.

Will be fitting the Thiele with the evm12 soon to profile that as well.

If you think it’s any good then give it a rate ??

No boosts were harmed in the making of this profile ??

Hi

Try picking the string right in front of the bridge to get that hard piano like tone. this is the trick i read about years ago. i have a profile from somewhere that sounds pretty much like the M.O.P clean tone, try just chorus, delay and reverb. I've modded it slightly by adding a flanger for The Thing as well.

Ha! The '57 was the one I was hoping you'd have and use when I made the suggestion to try other mic's and pre's in post #7, Matt.

Should have a little more mojo now. 8)

It’s quite raw and grainy but i kinda like it, it’s a bit Lamb of Goddish just without a 4x12. I managed to get a di profile so i’ll upload that as well then you can grab cabs and add them as you please.

Afternoon all

Just had a spare few minutes so have just profiled my amp again but swapped the mic for a SM57 instead of the e606, again it'll be under my name.

Cheers

P.s got my KT DN405 parametric eq back so will be sticking that in the loop to get some more sounds. Will also be trying some Di profiles of the amp too

If you like the profile or can think of anything you think needs addressing could let me know so I can tweak. I’ve got a few other bits of kit kicking around that I can hook in to try different sounds. Trying to get hold of some other cabs as well for different cab sounds.

Thanks

Hi

Just done a quick profile of my Mesa MK4 Rev A while the wife has a bath.

Anyone interested in giving it a go?

Look for Mk4A_Gtr76 on the rig exchange, it'll appear soon..

It's the 1 x 12 combo with the EV in it and the mic was a Sennheiser e606

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

I hope you're enjoying the profile. I’d be interested in your thoughts on it. I’ll do a couple cleans on it next. Will try amd squeeze in as many as possible before I return the amp.

Evening fellow Kemper users

I've been trying the profiling process at home on a friends Vox AC30VR

The two attempts can be found on R/E under MG_VOXAC30VR and MG_VOXAC30VR_2 or Matt Gunter

Anyway, if anyone likes them let me know.

Looking to borrow more amps to do this a bit more...:)