Posts by tomrip

i have a rackmount kemper for my studio. i just did all the updates, and now i cant import any of my third party profiles ive purchased. rig manager says it cant find any suitable profiles. all are .kipr

hello i like to record all my tracks at -20 db. i bought a non powered kemper for studio use only. i was using xlr, but decided to use spdif and set it to got stack so i can record distorted track as well as di. with xlr i would turn the master volume till i got level where i needed it. the master volume knob does not effect the output. i went to output ans found spdif and started turning that, and it effected the distorted tracks but the di track was coming in at -8 db. so how toi control the di volume?

hello all. i hooked my bass to input jack of kemper and loaded some bass rig profiles. am connected to input one of my interface with a xlr cable connected to output of the kemper. i record guitar this way, and have no issues, but the bass was clicking and popping. i thought battery was dead for pickups and switched it. same thing. i then hooked bass directly to input one of my interface direct, and it is crystal clear. any suggestions?

hey there, i am equally a noob, but i am slowly figuring things out. hold the stomp box button down till its options are on the screen. there are two little knobs one on each side of the screen. the one on the right if you turn it, it goes through all the pedals, the one on the the left is type, you turn it till counter clock wise till you get to the blank space. then the pedal is gone. hit store to save your changed.

hello, i have a kemper controlled by a mastermind gt22. i have twp mission expression pedals, and ordered 2 more. i really like this setup, other than not being able to control the looper of the kemper. i have played 3 shows with it, but now i want to complete my rig. i have a talk box, a strymon el capistan, mobius, and time line. i also have a looper that i could hook up since i don't have control of kemper looper. i use all the strymon pedals and looper to create ambient tracks during the verses. now i thought about the kemper floorboard, but i like that using mastermind because i can add the kemper, and the three strymon pedals and control the with one unit. the mobius, the timeline and the big sky are stero pedals. since i am running the kemper in stero out now, i would love to utilize that feature. also the mobius hooks up to the back of the amp, and the front so you can choose where to put the effect. i used to gook all of this up to my amp gizmo, and run to my mesa roadster. this is all different and im confused on how to do it. for my shows i have played with the kemper, it has been just a guiter input to the front, and midi in an out. thanks in advance for any help.

Also, are you using bidirectional control? The Mastermind should be able to read what is going on with the Kemper and display the appropriate FX, etc, on the LCDs. When you hook it up the right way, the Kemper will also say on its screen that it has recognised a midi controller.

yes i am running bidirectional. i thought they said on the forums that after kemper update it broke control of looper so i never tried. nightlight, what is your setup?

Check the pedal links in the system settings. This is possible with the remote and the current setup as well.

how do i set it up with my current setup? my expression pedals are hooked to my mastermind gt 22. in the settings you decide if the pedal is hooked to the kemper or floor board. i didnt think the kemper sees the mastermind as a floorboard.

hey guys, i have a rjm mastermind gt22. i cannot control the looper with this pedal. i do like the led display above each button telling me what my stomp boxes and patch names are. i m wondering if i am better off gettign the kemper controller. one quick question, if i get that, and the mission kp1 pedal, does it allow you to have a volume pedal, click the toe button and it becomes a wah, or is it the same as the master mind, where the toe button just turns on the wah effect, and then you have to have a expression pedal set as a wah to control it.

hey guys, new kemper owner. I have got some profiles, and they sound good, but i was wondering if you experienced users can help me go to the next level. I play in a cover band. We play everything from weezer to breaking benjamin. What signal chain would you guys recomend? I know you have to play, and tweak, but i kind of want a headstart. Im pkaying a show with it tomorrow night. I play a les paul standards. Im plugging kemper into a nesa 4x12 or 2x12 depending on ckub size.

hey, i have watched some videos with a kemper and using the internal wah. i use the mastermind gt 22 to control, and i just figured out how to get expression pedal working. the wah sounds terrible. it sounds more like an eq knob being turned. when in heel position it sounds real whompy if that makes sense, and in toe it sounds like massive highs. i have calibrated the pedal on the mastermind. now i know i have heard the wah sounding good on several videos. so what am i doing wrong?