Posts by guitarman967

Can you detail what you’re enjoying?

One wish I have with the new setup (reverb and delay can be any FX slot) is that when you hold the reverb to bring it into focus, it should still bring up your reverb menu FIRST. It currently does not and scrolling through all the effects in the kemper to find the new reverb is a serious pain in the butt.

What do you guys think? Thanks

Starting Rig manager did not prompt any of these actions. I went to -help -> check for software updates. And it STILL didnt prompt any of these update actions. I restarted Rig manager several times in an attempt to re-boot as well. This shouldn’t be this hard in general.

At first, I didn't have an option to update the Kemper via Rig Manager. After I checked the "Include beta test releases" box, it prompted me to update Rig Manager a second time (I updated it just 5 minutes earlier) and at the same time, prompted me to update the Kemper.

Yeah having the same experience here but this has been FAR from a smooth update experience. I love my Kemper but I honestly feel like every single update is a nightmare with them and unescesarily so..

You can update the Kemper Operating System through rig manager? Never seen any option for this and Kemper’s instructions in the download area are very clear (to use USB).

This would obviously be easier than downloading the files and then transporting the Kaos.bin file into a USB stick and then transferring into the kemper.

If this is true, why is Kemper so bad at explaining anything update related??

"I cant bring any effect modules into focus by holding them and I also have no reverbs at all."

Same here. Though all else seems ok. I can still change profiles and such. I turned Kemper off and back on. Same problem. I'm going to try a factory reset.

guitarman967 You said Rig Manager said it wasn't fully updated. Try going to Rig Manager Preferences and make sure "Include beta test releases" is checked.

Good tip, I did check that option and reload RM. same message to update came up however. Now a prompt for an update is coming up. Not trying to be too critical but Kemper should have this information in the beta update “read me”. I’ll report back

Guys, Im having a ton of issues since the update. I cant bring any effect modules into focus by holding them and I also have no reverbs at all. I did put the new reverbs in the shared folder on my USB stick.

Also, rig manager which is up to date tells me its not up to date every time it starts (it didnt do this before the update) and I cannot select any profiles. The headphone icon doesnt initate and obviously the Kemper doesnt switch to the new sound either.. Whats going on here? Any help would be appreciate. Joel

Been lurking on the forum for a while. Kemper owner for a few years now and I'm blown away by the amount of people that have less than stellar results or problems recording with it. Seriously, I feel bad for you guys because I've seen nothing but the contrary. I know it doesnt help but its literally the easiest thing in the world to get good recorded tones with the kemper! These tones are far superior to raw captured guitar and bass tracks.
    The guys that say that POD's sound better, something is wrong. Those things are very 1 dimensional tonewise. The cabinet are static sounding. Not what a cab sounds like in a real room. Dead give away to me..nevermind the fake slicey digital high-end.
    Bottom line is, if you get better results with a POD than a Kemper than it probably hints towards the real problem which is that a lot of guys don't know what good tones are to begin with! Its a fore-gone conclusion that they can't get the Kemper to sound right because theyre used to a fake digital sound as the basis of their sound. I know that sounds harsh but its then only reasonable explanation.. No professional or semi professional has a problem getting killer tones from the Kemper because its real amps, not a simulation. Its literally unheard of to not get pro sounds with decent profiles. You've been listening to albums with Kemper on them for years now and didn't even now it because its distinguishable from the real thing. Think about it...
    Honestly tones are better than the real thing in most situations. I don't do a lot of post processing in my DAW since I got a Kemper. Fully realized guitar tones. Compared it with a Two Notes Torpedo with real amps hooked up and it couldn't compete either if you wanted the best tones from the source. Two Notes was good but completely raw sounding when compared to the Kemper.

I'm happy to give some advice if needed because it shouldn't be hard. Make sure you've got decent profiles a d you're done. Hit me up!