*SOLVED* Issues after update to OS 5.7: Rig Manager

• Guys, Im having a ton of issues since the update. I cant bring any effect modules into focus by holding them and I also have no reverbs at all. I did put the new reverbs in the shared folder on my USB stick.

Also, rig manager which is up to date tells me its not up to date every time it starts (it didnt do this before the update) and I cannot select any profiles. The headphone icon doesnt initate and obviously the Kemper doesnt switch to the new sound either.. Whats going on here? Any help would be appreciate. Joel

• "I cant bring any effect modules into focus by holding them and I also have no reverbs at all."

Same here. Though all else seems ok. I can still change profiles and such. I turned Kemper off and back on. Same problem. I'm going to try a factory reset.

guitarman967 You said Rig Manager said it wasn't fully updated. Try going to Rig Manager Preferences and make sure "Include beta test releases" is checked.

• "I cant bring any effect modules into focus by holding them and I also have no reverbs at all."

Same here. Though all else seems ok. I can still change profiles and such. I turned Kemper off and back on. Same problem. I'm going to try a factory reset.

guitarman967 You said Rig Manager said it wasn't fully updated. Try going to Rig Manager Preferences and make sure "Include beta test releases" is checked.

Good tip, I did check that option and reload RM. same message to update came up however. Now a prompt for an update is coming up. Not trying to be too critical but Kemper should have this information in the beta update “read me”. I’ll report back

• You can update the Kemper Operating System through rig manager? Never seen any option for this and Kemper’s instructions in the download area are very clear (to use USB).

This would obviously be easier than downloading the files and then transporting the Kaos.bin file into a USB stick and then transferring into the kemper.

If this is true, why is Kemper so bad at explaining anything update related??

• You can update the Kemper Operating System through rig manager? Never seen any option for this and Kemper’s instructions in the download area are very clear (to use USB).

This would obviously be easier than downloading the files and then transporting the Kaos.bin file into a USB stick and then transferring into the kemper.

If this is true, why is Kemper so bad at explaining anything update related??

At first, I didn't have an option to update the Kemper via Rig Manager. After I checked the "Include beta test releases" box, it prompted me to update Rig Manager a second time (I updated it just 5 minutes earlier) and at the same time, prompted me to update the Kemper.

• So I re-booted the Kemper and it seems to be behaving normally. Apparently with the new OS update you must also update rig manager to a BETA version. Very strange that this information is not included anywhere on Kempers part as I certainly had the newest Rig manager at the time of this update.

• At first, I didn't have an option to update the Kemper via Rig Manager. After I checked the "Include beta test releases" box, it prompted me to update Rig Manager a second time (I updated it just 5 minutes earlier) and at the same time, prompted me to update the Kemper.

Yeah having the same experience here but this has been FAR from a smooth update experience. I love my Kemper but I honestly feel like every single update is a nightmare with them and unescesarily so..

• Just start Rig Manager and you are invited to update to Version 2.1.61.

Install the Version and after then you are invited to update the Profiler to OS Version 5.7.0

With the connected Profiler this update also happened without any Problem.

Additionally I downloaded the new Releases to store them on my PC. That's all.

I never had any Problems when applying this procedure.

• Starting Rig manager did not prompt any of these actions. I went to -help -> check for software updates. And it STILL didnt prompt any of these update actions. I restarted Rig manager several times in an attempt to re-boot as well. This shouldn’t be this hard in general.

• Starting Rig manager did not prompt any of these actions. I went to -help -> check for software updates. And it STILL didnt prompt any of these update actions. I restarted Rig manager several times in an attempt to re-boot as well. This shouldn’t be this hard in general.

Did you activate the "Beta" option?

• So I re-booted the Kemper and it seems to be behaving normally. Apparently with the new OS update you must also update rig manager to a BETA version. Very strange that this information is not included anywhere on Kempers part as I certainly had the newest Rig manager at the time of this update.

Glad it's working. I wound up having to do a full factory reset. Now it works. Love the new reverbs, I just have to upload all my sounds again.