Posts by fourstrk

Ich habe die Remote. Nutze zwar nicht alles, habe dafür aber kein Gebastel und es funktioniert halt einfach. Klar, das Ding ist teuer für einen Fußschalter, gebraucht geht's aber. Nimmt man den Preis für das Gesamtsystem an relativiert sich das im Vergleich zum Nutzen. Außerdem gibt es analoge 4-fach Fußschalter zu bekannten Röhrentops, die ebenso extra verkauft werden und gemessen am Inhalt auch lächerlich überteuert sind. Dadurch, dass es die Remote im Vertrieb nicht einzeln gibt, bekommt man sie bei Nichtgefallen aber gut und ohne großen Wertverlust wieder los.

Letztlich soll jeder machen wie er denkt, aber erst einen kleinen Schalter zu kaufen, dann zu merken er reicht nicht, danach auf eine Midilösung - die auch Geld kostet - umzusatteln ... ich habe mich für die Luxuslösung entschieden (hatte vorher einen 2-fach Taster, habe ihn immernoch falls ihn einer möchte) - seit dem ist Ruhe mit Equipmentanschaffung.

Wenn ich so im Forum stöbere les ich ab und zu - der Front-Input klingt anders (besser) als der rückseitige!? Das ist natürlich für Racknutzer doof. Bei mir wäre es schon voll praktisch weil ich mit meinem Funksystem nur n paar Zentimeter zum rückwärtigen Eingang hätte.

... ist das echt euer Ernst?

Have an 18 watts. Profiled it, tweaked it for PA, added FXs - it's my main profile now and sounds frickin awesome for cleans and funk stuff.

Only situation I could imagine to play it live would be with a blues trio and a decent sound guy. And even then. As soon as the main sound comes over PA the KPA is the way to go for me. It's ridiciously practible and has low costs for the future, since all effects are on board. Never spend 200$ on a touch wah or 150$ on a flanger, or 200$ on a buffer again ... compared to this the KPA price is more than fair.

Eine aktive Monitorbox entspricht dem Konzept am Ehesten, da sie den Sound gegenüber einer Gitarrenbox nicht färbt. Außerdem ist sie anderweitig verwendbar (Beschallung, Gesang, Monitor). Eine passive Box würde ich nur dann mitnehmen, wenn ich sowieso eine hätte. Müsste ich was Neues kaufen, würde ich zum aktiven Monitor greifen.

Bist du der einzige, der über PA spielt? Bzw. spielst du den Kemper überhaupt über PA?

Something on the feature side instead of beating around the bush with endless discussions ...

An editor would give additional possibilities, for a more detailed graphical EQ for example. Furthermore, it should be a live / realtime / online editor, e.g. use morphing etc. with it: press button on remote, change parameters in editor, release remote button.

Settings should be covered as well as input / output. Maybe some initial setup procedure assistants (Clean / Distortion Sense Wizard, Quick Start Guide, ...)

That is a good idea, if it translates well to the live situation.

It does. If you would feel the need you could tweak it further anyways but I never needed to. Using this approach you "simulate" the frequencies of the live band using a recording. I recommend to play along with the track using the Studio EQ. Just play with it a little bit and you will get the idea.

Since live EQ differs from home (better: guitar only) EQ, I use studio headphone and AUX In to tweak my profiles to backing tracks / songs. This works out of the box for each and every profile I use(d). By that you can place yourself very good in the mix, your neighbors stay your friends and your co-musicians do not get bored during rehearsal. (Imagine the keyboard player would tweal his sounds in rehearsal ... oh boy ...)

3 plus years of hard gigs and not a bit of trouble except for the cheap jacks wearing out,,really could use better jacks/ hardware, but no internal probs,,

I use a patchbay for that, even for Ethernet. It's very convenient and much easier than bending over. Since I use the "AUX-In" very much I made a stereo line in at my patchpanel putting its signal into the KPA (Y-routing). The only thing I was not able to patch was the USB-B at the back of my rack to connect it with my computer.

Use standardised connectors.

Editor yes, no, whatever. What I really need is preset management for effects and a deeper look into the *.kipr-files, meaning, that you should be able to copy / paste / load / save all slots (input / output, fx, amps, cabs, and so on ...) in Rig Manager. This would be a huge improvement of this software.

2nd step would be implementing the parameters of the unit. But the first step alone would be so much more convenient.

BTW: I love to be able to tweak everything during rehearsal or live soundcheck, even in between songs. And I appreciate the Kemper being built as if it was an amp. But when preparing for a gig or creating new sounds, it would be very helpful to do the shuffling using a computer.