Posts by Finally

I'm pretty sure that's not going to work as described, but maybe run a splitter from your guitar and send one to your amp (with a mic on it) and the other through the KPA and record both.

As a bonus (if you don't like the effects in your DAW) you could then re-amp the H&K track back through the KPA with the Amp and Cab sections disabled to use the Effects section.

Turn it up to amp levels and it'll sound more like a tube amp. ;)

I like the M Britt Blues Jr profiles, his Deluxe reverb, Dumbles. I also use his AC30 profiles for Beatles and early R&R stuff. There are so many good ones.

I use a few Polytone profiles from M Britt and the rig exchange for a great jazz tone.

My take is that I like FRFR better than a cab. The primary reason being that the guitar cab always has the same sound, whereas the original cab comes through in the FRFR.

I regularly switch between small Fender amp profiles and big fat EL34 ones and no matter what guitar speakers I use will be a compromise.

This seems to be what the Kemper Kab is aiming for.

Corporate IT teams shouldn't permanently disable updates as a policy, even though they can. In amongst those updates are security patches in the cat/mouse game with hackers.

The goal is to patch in the way that disrupts users the least.

Many users think patching is "stupid IT stuff" that blocks their productivity. Same users would leave their laptop on a table at Starbucks unlocked with a business plan onscreen while they go to the washroom.

I will say that I'm pissed off by all software companies choosing to try to trick users into installing/enabling features that are purely for the benefit of the company. Microsoft, Apple, Google, Samsung, Adobe, etc are all guilty of these shenanigans. Topic for another thread - sorry mods.

That's fine until it wants to update certain hardware drivers automatically.

I haven't had any issues with that.

The only thing close was that my firewire interface never used to work on my old Win7 laptop (that has a firewire port) no matter what I did. Spent many hours trying.

I decided to try again a few months ago now that the old laptop is running Win10 and it just works seamlessly no matter which Win10 release I'm on.

We don't just let Windows update our user machines (or servers) whenever they want. My team carefully manage updates and server patching so they happen predictably.

On my main home PC I just let it update when it wants, so I get the real world user experience. It's not much of a pain and I prefer not having to manage it.

Windows 7 is coming off extended support at the beginning of 2020, so it would be foolish for them to commit resources to it. I feel your pain if you're still on it, but I disagree that it's somehow superior to Windows 10.

I suspect their backlog has Mac OS, Windows 10, iOS, and possibly Android as a future dev.

As a bassist and a guitarist I have to say that there's nothing quite like a real bass. I'm like 2 different people when it comes to the different instruments on purpose. My brain can't cope. It's like wearing ski gear to a surfing contest. ⛷?

If your amp has an effects loop you can get complex and run like:

Into the Kemper Stomps

Out of the Kemper effects loop into the front of the amp

Out of the amp effects loop back into the Kemper loop

Through the Effects section

Out of the Kemper main back into your amp effects loop return

Sounds crazy, I know but I don't like reverb or delay or rotary in front of the gain of the amp. This is how I ran it with my Bogner before I went full Kemper and it sounded great!

I ultimately succumbed to the simplicity and amp variety of just the Kemper alone and I'm happier with my overall sounds now.

Yes - definitely. It does have the same effect of knocking those frequencies off, but it also seems to change the character of the sound in a way that I don't prefer to the high-cut. Plus I also use a bit of low cut in some situations to control boominess and sit in the mix better. They're both great options.

Oh no it was meant to be funny :) Didn't know factory reset was something to be kept from the public? That's always a good thing to have available for everyone

They must have their reasons. I just thought a completely reset device was a good idea after all of the beta back and forth I've done but there must be more to it than that. Maybe it deregisters your KPA or something and support need to update something on their side. I'll just log a support call if anything strange happens now that I'm not on a beta release.

I bought a power conditioner soon after I got mine and always use it, so I don't think it's input power related.

I did the Init Globals after reverting, plus powered on with the Rig button held in to double check. I also manually deleted all of the beta reverb presets.

I hope you get a resolution. ?

This is why I reverted to the last full release after the latest verb beta v3 despite really giving it a shot. It hasn't happened since I reverted.

I'm happy with it the way it is anyway. The amp profiles are what I need most and the only part I can't get from my DAW or pedals.

To the original question, the main limit for me in the Effects section is that I have the X slot locked with a high- cut filter EQ to remove the mic fizz. Not having to do that would be great, as this leaves me with Reverb, Delay, and usually Rotary.