Posts by Finally

I think what you're asking is as below from the Kemper manual:

For this setup, you need to bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT, so as to avoid running a cabinet simulation through a physical cabinet. The soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Settings will bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, while the Cabinet Profile stays active for the other outputs including the MAIN OUTPUTS. This is a global setting, and thus applied to all Rigs. However, the signal from the MONITOR OUTPUT is processed according to the kind of Profile included in the Rig: for regular Studio Profiles, the CabDriver algorithm is activated, whereas Merged Profiles feed the direct amp sound to the MONITOR OUTPUT and built-in power amp.

Thanks - I think I finally get what the little DI box that I ordered with the KPA will enable. Please correct me if I'm wrong with the following typical setup:

1) The FOH gets the sound of the amp in a studio, with a mic in front of the cab.

2) The DI sound is just the original amp before the original cab, so your guitar speaker on stage doesn't apply another impulse response to the already "cab included" sound.

It makes perfect sense why this would be a great result. I can't wait to try it.

Question: Are the effects from the Kemper applied to the DI signal? Seems they'd have to be, otherwise what's the point of having a dry amp onstage.

Probably been mentioned before, but clashes like you're experiencing with the other guitarist are (IMO) usually caused by:

1) Poor song part arrangements
    2) Band members that prioritise their part above the whole band's sound
    3) Mono mix or poorly crafted stereo image
    4) Everything else...

:)

Placed my order 10 days ago and they've said it'll probably ship soon. Woo hoo - only 4-6 more weeks and 80 days for the bag.

Really excited, so gonna be a tough wait! Don't know if there are other shipping options to New Zealand but that's what it is. :)