Posts by Finally

Understood and thanks. This isn't about that. These effects were added, locked, and saved in Browser mode and were working perfectly. Powered the unit off and on a few times and still good.

It was only when I went to Performance mode, then back to Browser that I got the strange state as per the image above.

One of my concerns is that Browse knob on the KPA will wear out due to needing several turns for almost everything. It's probably done a few thousand rotations in just the first few weeks, so I'm worried that it'll die prematurely.

I'm firmly in the camp of wanting a computer editor, but prefer they work on improving stability and stomps instead.

Hi everyone - I set up and locked several effects, used the Kemper for hours. Everything was stored and I went back and forth between many rigs - all good.

Today I started in Perform mode to edit some rigs and when I switched to Browser mode 2 of my locked effects are missing except for the lock. Is this user error or another anomaly?

Here's some details about the connector. Does this look right?

"D-shape CAT6A panel connector, shielded, feedthrough, Nickel housing
    Attention! Does not intermate with CAT6 cable connector NE8MC6-MO and NKE6S* cables.

Features & Benefits

• Ruggedized connector with CAT6A component compliance according to ISO/IEC 11801 and TIA/EIA 568-C.2
    • PoE+ compliant according to 802.3at Type2
    • Rugged latch lock system million fold proven
    • Intermateable with the existing etherCON CAT5 range
    • Shielded system - high noise immunity and EMI protection

[Blocked Image: http://www.neutrik.com/website/uploads/images/04/420x/ne8fdx-p6.jpg?v=1]

I've had mine for a few weeks now and have to agree that managing the stomps is really hard. I gave up trying to save stomps per rig and have just set my must haves as global that I can turn on and off. I've left one slot that I can use as a feature effect per rig, but the rest are just set and forget on a single setting each. Not ideal, but my sanity is better.

If you use the amp in the KPA to drive a single speaker you'll be in mono and lose all of the great stereo delay, reverb, and modulation/panning effects. The fact that the internal power amp is mono was an unpleasant surprise for me, since I was planning to drive a pair of guitar cabs. I would have bought the unpowered one if I'd known. I can't fathom why it was done this way.

So for this reason I recommend a pair of powered FRFR speakers unless you have a separate stereo power amp in your rig.

I highly recommend going with a pair of powered FRFR speakers in the first instance. These let you get your stereo PA sounds in any situation.

If this still doesn't give you enough amp in the room sound just get a single guitar speaker like a V30 or Creamback etc in an open-backed cab and plug that into the KPA speaker out to fill it out as needed.

Recorded both a direct clean profile and a studio one with a cheap Sennheiser e835 mic in front and wow!

Running the direct profile back through the amp's 2x12 cab sounds so much like the original! All the low end Shiva punch and clarity is there.

The studio profile is good too, but I'll have to have another crack at that with better room and mics.

Some people only see the beauty in things and some only see imperfections. Everybody else is in between.

To me the KPA provides a great set of tools that let me make music with very little effort. I'm not going to freak out and obsess about some little thing that means nothing in the larger context. The KPA doesn't prevent you from using tube amps or reamping through one.

+1

I almost never use distortion stomps, but I always have to navigate through their ear and speaker killing noise to grab the effects I do use. This is a major bummer.

If you want to record you should ideally take both the Left and Right outputs to your Scarlett and record both of them, either as 2 separate tracks (panned L/R) or as a single stereo track.

If you aren't using any of the KPA stereo effects then mono is fine.

I also recommend sending the raw guitar signal (check the manual) from the KPA to a third channel so you can re-amp after the fact as much as you like.

Apologies for the confusion - I'm still coming to grips. I thought you were running into a guitar cab. For some reason I thought if you disable the cab in the Speaker output that the Effects would also not be there or would sound different, hence the query. :)

I could definitely live with the lack of stereo monitoring, but I really prefer to hear my rotary and delays in stereo. I also like to be able to have that for jams where there's no PA.