Posts by Finally

I've found the process of keeping the remote buttons and morph settings under control to be too much of an overhead, so I just use a different performance slot for each variation that I need. Love the freedom of just having to select from 5 slots.

The exception is the Slow/Fast rotary switch, which I assign to the Tap button.

I'd buy mine again in a heartbeat.

One thing to consider is that volume levels make a HUGE difference in how good things sound to us. If you're not playing with at least a moderate amount of volume it won't have punch or sound like a real amp, no matter what kind of tube simulation you're using.

If I understand the intended editor plans you'll still need to have your Kemper on and connected to your computer to edit profiles. Makes sense since all of the tone processing happens on the amp.

A computer version of the amp isn't on any roadmap as far as I'm aware. If they did that I'd expect and hope that they release it as a new product so that it generates revenue rather than just extending the amp.

Circular knobs in a GUI haven't needed to be moved in a circular manner since the old days, in case you were referring to me as "some here". I've been using every kind of software since the beginning of software.

I won't offer any more suggestions, I promise.

It was either the Large Plate preset or the Spring preset.

The day before it was my Gilmour Lead profile, which has a bunch of effects, but just one reverb in the Reverb slot.

I'll revert to the latest full release until the new one comes out to avoid any more damage to the brand amongst my music circle. My main concern is that this ends up being a show-stopper due to a fundamental technical limit.

I've been having the DSP Error crash about once per session with the latest beta. It happened at a jam yesterday, but I had warned the guys that I was running a beta OS.

I was running 1 of the new reverbs in the Reverb slot plus a compressor and a delay.

What's so bad about rotary knobs? Tons of plugins use them...

The "fine control" idea is nice. Usually it's found by holding a modifier key (control, I think).

I understand and use them all the time. Every time I do I think "I wish this was a fader rather than trying to imitate a knob that's optimised for fingers". ?

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer the parameter controls in the editor to be linear faders rather than rotary knobs. Easier to use and you can read all of the settings at a glance.

Any chance of putting the 'LOCK' buttons on each editor page.:)

One of the most important things to me is, having a 'LOCK' buttons on each page. I know a rig is supposed to be amp+cab, but I have a small set of preferred cabs, and stomps and effects, and just find different amps to fit.

Good idea. Maybe able to right-click on any of the graphics and choose "Lock".

The audio interface should be connected to your PC with USB.

I think the confusion is based on what you're calling "computer audio".

There are 2 audio cards in your (and my) set-ups. One is your Windows audio driver and the other is your Behringer.

In order to hear your guitar (in the Behringer) and Windows media like Media Player or Youtube (PC audio driver) at the same time you need to feed the headphone out from your PC into a stereo input on the Behringer. Then they're both in the same output.

This is why I run a small mixer and run my headphones off that.

The ability to switch to acoustic guitar and get a decent full range sound is significant for me and something I can't get currently just with my 2x12 guitar cab. Same with bass to a lesser degree.

I don't think the Kemper Kone has a role in FOH unless it's a small room and you're not going through a PA. In that case it is the FOH.

I see the Kone useful as onstage monitoring or for jamming/practices. The FOH will always get the main outputs with the Cab sim included for me.