Posts by lespauled

Reminds me of the verse in this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I made a thread asking about people's methods while profiling, and I stated that I cover the amp with a moving blanket to eliminate any sounds bouncing. People told me that it wouldn't effect the profile, but I still do it. It's a common technique while recording in the studio, so I'll stick with it.

If you're looking at doing this in recording, record a fry track with your wet track, and just reamp the dry signal into another track.

The Kemper output video shows you how to set up different signals for different outputs

For years, I have been using Dunlop Stubby picks. I originally played the 1.0mm, but they were clear picks, and I was losing them in record numbers. Play, and if you drop a pick, you realize it's gone forever. I would lose a few every time playing out. In fact, I was losing them in my house!!! The damn things would just disappear.

I called Dunlop and asked if I could order some with ANY color in them. The end result was "NO". I then moved onto the 2,0mm, which were deep blue/purple. I got used to them. Years later, they came out with the 1.0mm in red. So, I went back.

After learning to play Sixx A.M. - Stars, I realized that DJ was hitting the string with the edge of the pick. I then learned to play the song using that technique during those parts of the song. Very soon, I realized that the stubby picks would get notches in them after just one time through the song. I went so far as to use sandpaper to re-sharpen the pick edges. That got real old, real fast.

Even when not playing Sixx AM Stars, the picks no longer lasted as long as they once did. I would be tossing a stubby at least weekly. Time to look for another pick. I was looking to different picks, and I saw the Petrucci jazz 1.5mm picks, so I gave them a shot.

The first thing I noticed was that they a significantly smaller than the stubby, not only in width (stubby picks are fat), but height and width. I put it through it's paces, and it took about a half hour to get used to the new pick size. Pinch harmonics, etc., are different with any pick, but most picks are pretty much the same size. The smaller pick meant that I would have to get used to a new position holding the pick. Once I found it, I was very comfortable with it.

Both pickups are pretty sharp, but I think the Petrucci is actually sharper at the point than the Stubby. The real test was playing Stars a few times. After several times through, not a single indent in the pick.

So far, I'm impressed with these picks. They're black, so I wont be losing them as fast as the clear ones. :)

Will they become my new "go to"? Only time will tell, but as of today, I have no reason for them not to be. It's looking like I have a new pick.

Here's the size of the Petrucci with (very worn) Stubby and a Standard sized pick

[Blocked Image: https://lespauled.com/photosforforums/PickSizeComparison.jpg]

After playing them for a while, I realized what it was that I loved about these picks. I hold my pick slanted downward in the front, toward the neck (something like this: / with the string being vertical: | ) With a standard pick, the edge is rounded. These have a point everywhere, which gives you that pick attack, even when you hold the pick slanted.

Even though I really like these picks, I noticed there were a few others that had the same basic design. One was a newer Petrucci model, and the other was an Andy James model, which is exactly like the Petrucci, just bigger.

Here are the 3 side by side:

[Blocked Image: https://lespauled.com/photosforforums/PetrucciWithAndyJamesPicks.jpg]

I now use all three. Each has it's own characteristics. From left to right, the sound has more bass. The Jazz III Petrucci is definitely the brightest of the 3. The Andy James has much more bass. I tend to use them for acoustic guitar more than electric. I go between the 2 Petrucci models, depending on which I feel sounds better to me on that particular day.

I don't vote for this. It's hours of extra work for KPA team for something not important. We must prioritize!

Hours? LOL

As of last weekend, my main 3 guitars have the FU-Tone 42mm L brass block in the Floyd Rose Tremolos. If you haven't heard about them, check them out at FU-Tone.com

When I used to see the advertisements for the large blocks, I never thought that it really worked. I ran into Adam from FU-Tone at a Music Zoo event. He talked me into trying one. At $50, it was a real cheap upgrade compared to some others over the years. I was 100% sure that I would be able to do it easily, and Adam went out of his way to make sure that I was comfortable. In fact, he said that if I had the guitar with me, he would put it in for free. I never even thought of bring a guitar with me.

So, I got home, and the new block was in a half hour later. As long as you know how to do your own Floyd setups, and intonations, the installation is a breeze. There is also a tutorial video that you can follow.

It made a huge difference, and the Kramer Baretta that I put it in became my main guitar rather quickly. I recently met up with Adam at another show, and he put the blocks in my other 2 guitars. Now I'm back to playing 3 guitars, not just one.

If you haven't checked them out, look them up. Really a fantastic product.

I just realized I sound like a salesman, which I'm not. Just a VERY satisfied customer.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fingerless gloves work for Lynch.