Posts by magician

Ich schaue, dass ich ca. bei -18db aufnehme. um den Pegel zu finden hau ich einen E Powercord in die Saiten und mache ein paar Malm Mutings. Viele Wandler die in den Audiointerfaces verwendet werden haben des Sweetspot so bei -20 / bis -16db und da ist man mit -18db sehr gut bedient. Du hast so noch genügend Headroom fürs Mixen (EQ etc..) und dann fürs Mastern (Compressor, Mulitcomp, Limiter). Nicht irritieren lassen wenn das beim recording leise klingt. Das es so klingt wie in den Charts dafür ist das Mixen und Mastern zuständig. Nach dem Mixen liegt man ungefähr bei -6db als Richtwert und beim Mastern sollte man dann final bei ca -0,03 db liegen (damit auf keinen Geräten übersteuert wird) So bin ich ganz gut gefahren bisher. Tipp in den DAWS gibts oft ein Plugin "GAIN" damit kannst du den Pegel vom Backintrack (der ja schon fertig gemastert ist) dann auf ca- -20db einstellen, damit du den Spielraum der Regler nicht zu klein hast beim Mixen.

i think in most cases the cab simulation IR ist the problem. In my opininon the right cap makes 60-70% of the soundquality. As other guys say you have to tweak the parameters in live situation volume. (fletcher munson curve). Try not tu use the EQ so much, its better to work with the options in the amp section to change the voicing of the amp. I use the BM Friedman BE 100 Preset together with a Matrix GT 1000 solid state amp and on stage a 2x12 FRFR Cab (Blueamps BEAST) which ist realy loud and drive a lot of air. My first Attempt in the rehersal room was louder than the 100 Blackstar Amp with 4x12 Cab from my colleque. Also the drummer cant trust his ears.

The best is not to tweak amp Profils that much as its coloured the sound and change everything. The way to go is to find the amp you like with the cab you like and work on that sound. my suggestion to try Bert Meulendijk presets as they are really good. Work with the Definition Parameter in the AMP section and try to find the best sound for the amp. IN rehersal I use my non powered rack with -18DB and the solid state amp in bridge modus on 12o clock. All settins below -12 DB are killer for ears for sure.

on main output I send the Signal depending on the mixer desk with -12 to -20 DB. this works great for the sound engeneer. With FRFR I have the feeling on the Stage and can decide how loud i need the monitor volume.

But as other people say not the loudness ist important its the cut through the mix and this works only If the amp sounds a litte bit harsh (not homeplaying friendly)

Ich nehme an, dass du im Proberaum über eine FRFR Cab oder die PA spielst?.. Da du dir eine Endstufe gekauft hast, gehe ich davon aus, das du entweder über eine Gitarrenbox oder FRFR Box spielst. Ich würde das so verkabeln, dass du über den Monitor Out am Kemper in den Eingang der Endstufe gehst (Klinke Mono). Oft bieten die Endstufen auch eine Bridge Funktion an. Das müsstes du dann nachlesen im Manual der Palmer Macht. Die Endstufe verbindest du mit einem Lautsprecher Kabel (Klinke) mit der FRFR oder Gitarrenbox wenn diese passiv ist. (Wovon ich ausgehe, da du ja eine Endstufe seperat gekauft hast).

Wenn du direkt über die PA gehst, dann am Kemper Main Out links oder rechts mit einem XLR Kabel ins Pult gehen.

Wichtig ist, dass du im Output Menü im Kemper den Eingang für Monitor und Main Out enkoppelst, so dass du das Signal entsprechend über den Master Volume Regler einpegeln kannst. So kannst du der PA ein immer gleichen Pegel liefern (in der Regel -12DB wobei das für einige Mischpulte auch zu hot ist, dann bist du mit -16-18db dabei) , während du dir den Monitorsound selber anpassen kannst je nach deinem Geschmack.

Wenn du eine Gitarrenbox spielst den bitte Monitor Cab off aktivieren, da du sonst eine doppelte Mikrofonierung hast. Da der Kemper bei Monitor Cab Einstellung das Mirkrofonierte Gitarrensignal an die Ausgänge gibt, daher bezieht sich das cab off auch nur auf den Monitorausgang und nicht auf die Main Outs.

Die Profile die du drauf hast ohne Cab Sim nutzen wenn du über eine tatsächliche Gitarrenbox spielst. Bei einer FRFR Box macht das keinen Sinn, weil die den Sound nicht färbt sondern linear das wiedergibt was aus dem Ausgang am Kemper kommt, daher brauchst du da das Mirkrofonierte Signal.

Am Monitor Out Volume würde ich mal mit -20db starten und an der Endstufe die Volume Regler auf 12 Uhr stellen und mich dann an die gewünsche Lautstärke rantasten. Ich selber benutze eine Matrix GT1000 FX Endstufe im Bridge Mode und spiele damit über eine 2x12 FRFR Box passiv. Mit oben genannter Einstellung hab ich sehr gute Ergebnisse im Proberaum erzielt.

Ich rate dir aber das Kempe Handbuch mit den Basics ganz durchzulesen, dass hier ja auch zum download bereit steht. Da findest du auch in Bildern beschrieben wie du das Routing vornehmen kannst. Vor allem das Output Menü ist wichtig zu verstehen, da hier das meiste eingestellt werden muss was das verkabeln betrifft.

Ich habe keinen Kemper Kone speaker. Hintergrund ist der, dass ich ein FRFR Cab von BlueAmps spiele (BEAST) mit zwei 12 Zoll Speakern die sich Blue Knight nennen. Die haben 2db mehr Pegel pro Speaker als die Kone Speaker. Die Box kann im FRFR oder GFR Modus betrieben werden. (Dabei handelt sich um die Frequenzen). Im GFR Modus sind die Speaker den Kones vom Level und dem Frequenzverhalten sehr sehr nahe, daher kann ich auch die neuen Imprints im Profiler Output Menü verwenden. Ich hab das mit allen verfügbaren Imprints getestet.

Das Kemper Kabinet ist mit 1x12 nicht geegnet wirklich Druck zu machen meiner Meinung nach, gerade wenn es um die härtere Gangart geht. Durch das BlueAmp Beast mit einem maximalen Schalldruck von 135db zusammen mit den Imprints (vor allem dem Vintage 30s) höre ich keinen Unterschied mehr zu einem klassichen Gitaarencabinet.

Der Vorteil ist auch ganz klar, dass ein Kemper Profiler ohne Endstufe verwendet werden kann weil es die BlueAmp Boxen aktiv und passiv gibt. So spart man sich den power Amp wenn man keinen Kemper mit Endstufe besitzt.

Mein Setup zum testen:

Kemper Rack ohne Endstufe Monitor Out---------------> Matrix GT 1000 FX power Amp-----------------------> BlueAmp Beast 2x12 passiv

Im Proberaum mit entsprechender Lautstärke getestet.

Hello,

have you try side by side Blue Amp Cabinet to new Kemper Kabinet?

No but I talked also to the Founder of Blueamps and he told me that the Speakers in his Cabs are neraly the same Frequencies as the Kone Speaker, and in GFR mode they work well with the new imprints.

Hi Guys,

I am owner of a BlueAmp Cabinet with FRFR / GFR Speaker. You can selcet via toggle switch between this two funkctions. In my Cab are two custom speaker with nearly the same output as the Kone Speaker called (Blue Knight). This Speaker have 2db more level then the Kones and nearly working on the same frequency. Today I have tested the new Kone feature (Monitor cab off) with some speaker imprints in the Profiler. Wooooooooooowwwwwwwww I was blown away by the sound compared to FRFR only mode. The Cab comes more alive then before and this sounds fantastic. As the Cab ist a 2x12 Box the amp in the Room sound ist more natural then in the 1x12 Kone Cab.

Testing Setup:

unpowered Profiler Rack---------->Monitor out ------> Matrix GT 1000fx ----------> Blueamp BEAST custom Cabinet

I highly recommend every BlueAmp Cab owner to try the GFR Mode with the new imprints. They not need to buy the Kone Speaker and still can use the new imprints in the Kone Mode.

sometimes i use the Amp wit the cab off to geht a great clean sound. I add a little bit chorus and I´m ready to go. Try it it sounds fantastic.

... i think that the STAGE ist not really well protected against intvertently wrong steps. For example the AX8 have some metal bracket to avoid damage on knobs and buttons ... The Helix has the same Problem in my Opinion.

... I have read no information about how water improved is the STAGE. We all know that sometimes water (rain for example) or beer hits the floor. Its a riks to put a 1600 EUR gear at the floor without water protection...

The Stage is to expensive in my opinion and the competetors are strong (Line 6 Helix, Fractal Audio AX8)

... I see no advantage to switch from the Rack Unit to the STAGE as in a Rackcase the Unit is more protected against everythink that can happen on the stage. Also Wireless gear is easier to handle with the Rack version.

... nearly no new unique features...

I think the Sound is as good as always.

I switched from Head to Rack Kemper and therfore I dont need my Custom Case, but maybe somebody is interested in using this. The Case is in every Point Road approved as it is very solid. I bought this case in June 2018 and the price was 443 EUR.

you can use some kind of pedal in the left space (I have put in my Shure GLXD 16 Wirelless), on the right sight is a halfsize rack (i used it for my IE Sennheiser System) on the bottom of the Case is space for the Kemper Remote. All Plug & Play.

I will sell ist for 250 EUR negotiating basis and only pick up and cash payment is available.

I live near Munich and if you interested please PM me. here some pics.

Hey Guys I sell my Kemper Powerhead (1 year old). Reason for that is, that I changed to Kemper Rack. The PowerHead is in perfect condition. I live near Munich and Shipping within Germany is possible. For more Information PM me. Price 1800 EUR (negotiable). Here some Pictures

Hey...

i have tried a lot in the past. Here my suggestion for you. If you only use your Kemper at home then i will highly recommend you a unpowered Kemper and active Studiomonitors to get the Stereo or Mono Sound. Depending on your Budget you will find excellent monitors from Yamaha, (HS 8 oder HS 7) Adam and Neumann. At home I use the Neumann KH 120a and the Stereo Sound ist fantastic. This Monitors are not cheap but worh every cent....

A powered Kemper with Cab make no sense if you only use it at home at the moment and in the future. To get the best out of the kemper you need a FRFR Cab. If you use for example a 1x12 passive cab for mono sound then you can also use the powered kemper to power this. With a non powered kemper you can find also active FRFR cabs.

It depends of your taste if you use a FRFR Cab oder Monitors. both is OK but with studio monitors you can get the best sound for your home.

bad english and wrong notes are no problem if the feeling is good. Better to learn from people who are have a big knowledge about things as from guys who have professional videos and channels, but the input ist nearly zero. Keep on rocking, and looking forward to your next videos.

Yeah, I would like to upload the tweaked ones but that is not allowed imho, because they are not my original profiles. That would be the quickest solution.

I think its a difference between purchased rigs, which not available in the RE. In this case I think its not allowed to tweak it and put it in the RE or in the forum as attachment.

But you use only profiles that are for Free and available in the RE or Free Profile Packs. You dont change the Autor name, only the Parameters so in this case i think it is allowed to share the profiles you tweaked if you name the source.

Ich habe angefangen meine Tracks zu recorden, aber bin mit dem Sound noch nicht ganz einverstanden. Vielleicht liege ich aber auch falsch und alles ist gut. Ich würde gerne eure objektive Meinung hören und daher hab ich mal ein paar Beispiele aufgezeichnet. Das Setup ist folgendes:

Gitarre:
    Les Paul

Gitarre direkt in den Kemper (im Output den SPDIF Ausgang auf -6 DB eingestellt, da sonst clipping in der DAW)

SPDIF Out Kemper an SPDIF In Audiointerface (Ich benutze ein Focursrite Scarlett Pro 14 Firewire Interface)
    Ausgang Interface per Firewire mit Apple MacBook Pro verbunden

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

bis 0.37 Rhythm Sound Friedman BE 100

bis 1.12 Rhythm Sound JCM 800

bis 1.40 Rhythm Sound Friedmann BE 100

bis 2.03 Crunch Sound Friedmann BE 100

bis 2.33 Solo Sound Friedmann BE 100

bis Ende Clean Sound Friedmann BE 100

Kann ich noch was optimieren? Wie ist der Sound eurer Meinung nach?

Danke für Feedback