Posts by kevinduren

Look through Tone Junkie's Free Rigs...somewhere there are some call Effects Presets and/or Tone Tools, and in it, they have a combination of EQ and a drive (maybe a screamer?) that is supposed to emulate an ODR. So, it's two stomps, but it sounds similar to a medium setting on an ODR-1. There are also several other useful EQ / Drive combinations in those Tone Tools such as a Stomp Thickener, Fatness, Hot Knife, Etc.

The ambient effects were the most enlightening to me. Thomas, your ear for creating just the right reverbs and delays is outstanding. And this most recent pack really highlights how much of an impact those ambient effects make on the tone. Thanks.

A way to "own" the amp(s) you want is decide what settings/tones you want out of each amp. Then, out of a set of profiles of a particular amp, choose the clean sounds you want, choose the gritty sounds you want, choose the full out distortion sounds you want, etc., etc. and keep those in your Kemper and/or in a folder in rig manager. In lieu of going to the amp and, for instance, turning up the mids, just go the profile with more mids.

I bought one as a backup, and really like it. If you like MBritt profiles then you should definitely get the MBritt pack for HX Stomp. His presets are very similar in tone to his Kemper profiles.

In particular, I like being able to use two amps at once, in parallel or switch between amps in the same preset.

I could do a gig with just the Stomp no problem. But, I am going to add a small midi switcher (Midi Baby 3) and a pair of expression pedals.

I had the same thought, that Jensen might be a typo or holdover from another profile, but thought I might send it up anyway.

As I acquire profiles, if I notice that they have a cool, rare, or unusual speaker, I always save them as a cab. I usually don't use them, but I go back and try them every once in a while.

Glad to hear you like the Proverb, those profiles are definitely in my top 5 favs. The 66 Proverb in his Vintage Pack is also one of my favs: is just the tiniest bit brighter so I use it with my Teles when I want a "Stratty-er" sound.

To answer your OP, I find that the cabs tend to reflect the profile: if the profile is bright, the cab will be bright, etc.

I searched for Jensen speakers in rigs and found these:

Turned out that there were two in the MBritt 2020 pack:

67 Proverb 3 1

67 Proverb 3 4

From Rig Exchange(RE) or Free Packs:

Princeton V1 T4.5 B4 by Ralph

Mojotone Twin 5e3 N2 (live) by Iuri Sceankin (cws1)

MN SR65 Le Freak by Mats Nermark

Mmm Octaves! by Tone Junkie (matchless 1*12 + jensen 2*10)

GF_BLACK KEYS by GFISH

BM - Magmaton clean by BM

Fender Deluxe Clean by StumblinMan

Fender Tweed Blues Jr Overdrive by StumblinMan

Four 57 Maestro profiles from Selah Sounds Odds & Ends Pack with Jensen speakers

From Maurizio70 free pack:

Brun Maranel by Maurizio70

FEN Twin Neck by Pete Turley

Pro Reverb 1b Mic AB by CarlosSartorius

Pro Reverb 1b Mic C by CarlosSartorius

Prince Brownie CLN by Jen

... and many more.

Search RE for jen or jensen or jenny or any other Jensen pseudonym you can think of.

Also, search your own rig manager for jen or jensen: I found a bunch that I did not realize were Jensens (like the Pro Reverbs above).

There were also a lot of them in the stock packs included with RM.

You probably know this, but you can save the cab from any profile/rig and then use it with any other profile/rig. You can also save them as presets in rig manager and they are easier to preview/try out with various amps.

FYI, there are quite a few MBritt profiles that use something other than his 3P cabs and Celestions. Some of those might be worth a try.

If you find a great one(s), please let us know here.

I have a performance set up for use straight into an amp and it works great. Basically, you just need to turn the amp and cab off in each slot. I left the eq section of the stack on to make adjustments for different amps, venues, etc. You will likely have to make some level ajustments based on sensitivity of the amp's input.

I made this performance up just as an exercise, but it was useful at one gig that became sort of a house party with no pa. I did not have access to an frfr, but someone had a little Fender amp. I plugged the Kemper monitor out into the front of the amp and used my "Effects Only" performance, and it worked beautifully.

Ah, I see. I was attempting to do this without doing a full restore.

So, what I will do is:

Backup what I have in the profiler now.

Restore the backup with the group presets.

Save each of those presets to a rig and save those rigs in my local library.

Restore my newest backup.

Preview each of those new rigs from my local library and save the group presets in the profiler.

Does that seem like the thing to do, or is there a better way?

I was able to find and restore my presets for my individual effects/stomps, but I can't find the presets I made for the entire stomp section and entire effects section.

Does anyone know if those are backed up in the profiler backup or the rig manager backup? And if they are where can I find them, and / or how do I restore them?

Thanks.