Posts by 69 Z28

I have a Gemini 2 that I only play at home and I don't record with it. It sounds great and I love the stereo capability. The power supply fan noise wasn't loud but it was "irritating" to me. Seemed the more I heard it the more it bothered me, especially playing at low volume levels. It's a really small fan so the noise was high pitched. So, I replaced the power supply inside the cabinet with one with a fanless design. I do electronic work in a power plant for a living so this was fairly easy to me. I would probably just pay the difference for the Studio version of the cabinet with the fanless power supply if you choose to purchase the Gemini 2 for use other than live, especially if you don't feel comfortable changing out the power supply yourself. And this could also void the warranty I would think although I could reinstall the old power supply if I needed to. I think the fan noise could be an issue for you in a studio enviroment though. But since you are using it live I wouldn't worry about the fan too much.

I also have a Marshall 4x12 that I occasionally run the Kemper through with a Camplifier. It does have a more "real cabinet" feel than the Gemini 2 but if I could only pick one I think I would stick with the Gemini due to the fact that its FRFR. The Empower knob on the back of the Gemini 2 does help the cabinet to sound more like a real cab or a true FRFR by just turning the knob by rolling off the highs. Another thing is the cabinet sims really do change the sound of an amp. I think people concentrate too much on the amp part of a profile when the different cabinet sims can really give you a different sound even with the same amp profile. A FRFR just makes the Kemper so much more versatile IMO.

And oh yeah the Gemini 2 is loud. Very loud.

I'm not familiar with Blueamp.

Good luck with your decision. Hopefully some of this rambling is useful for you.

Trey

I have a set of the Audio -Technica ATH-M50x that I think sound great with the Kemper. I also have a set of AKG K240's I've had since I bought them new around 1984. Made in Austria. Those still sound pretty amazing with anything.

I’ve installed brass blocks on a few of the Kramer’s I own. Wasn’t the FU-TONE branded blocks but were ones made from bell brass. I do think it helped some but to me it wasn’t a dramatic difference. I did notice increased sustain and warmth It’s a good upgrade to a FR other than the added weight. One of the other things to me that has helped my guitars with a Floyd Rose is proper intonation. They can be hard to get correct.

I have tried to purchase this several time, both in chrome and firefox, and everytime i hit "pay now" within paypal, it shows the rotating loading circle, then is disappears, and all there is in the reampzone logo with a "cancel and return to paypal" link. Anyone having a similar issue?

I had the same problem when I used my PayPal balance. I selected a credit card I had saved in my account instead and then it worked fine.

I’m posting this with an iPad so hopefully the link will work correctly. I’ve never been a big country music fan but I’ve always loved the main riff to this Merle Haggard song and the Roy Nichols solo is smoking on the Tele

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I decided on the Gemini 2 with the main reason being its a stereo cabinet. And man does it sounds great. But it was almost as expensive as my unpowered Kemper so that’s a big consideration. But I would not hesitate to purchase another Mission Engineering product. I really didn’t answer your question though but this was the main reason I chose the unpowered one. Plus I can add a Camplifier later if I want to.

I experienced something similar but it was with Marshalls. Over the years I've tried many different Marshalls trying to find that "tone in my head" Never could quite get there. Sold everything but my Silver Jubilee I bought new in 1987 and got a Kemper. Figured out the tone I really liked was from a Marshall I never even considered trying and thanks to Top Jimi and his JTM-45 profiles I found it. The Kemper is the best, most useful musical purchase I have ever made. I love it.