Posts by e1614e36a3b051571d61cb8fdc50c4becad982a2

I agree there is no one way to do it.

When I am just playing around I have the AFD profile across 5 slots in Performance 1. When I gig I tend to have a performance per song. I agree that there is no definite BPM when playing live and that fluxuates as the song progresses.

Now I don't play guitar live I tend to have a performance per amp which means I have a variety of tones plus I don't have to scroll through 40 versions of the same profile at various gain stages just to find the one I like.

Good thread for ideas

I've acquired these two during the lockdown. Schecter was brand new, made in South Korea in 2019, everything's stock on the guitar.

ESP was used and made in 2008. It's got Bare Knuckle Aftermath set, that's the only modification (by previous owner, not me). I was pretty surprised by the guitar, it's in a really good condition.

I can say this on this forum as I am in good company...... Sexy guitars.

having the same problem! bought my Kemper in 2019 and have it going into a Saffire pro 40 interface both gain channels are at 0 and its all going into Studio One version 4.

it was fine for the longest time until one day it just started to be louder in the left speaker and I haven't updated anything or changed anything. I upgraded my XLR cables to much higher quality replacements and still the same thing.... I checked everything in the chain

including the on board audio interface monitoring software and it says everything is outputting at a even stereo level. when playing music with lots of panning, everything is perfect and in the center of the stereo field, but when I open the daw and play the Kemper it does this. side note: playing any other recorded tracks in the daw will playback as even stereo, so im guessing its all coming from the Kemper. I hope someone can figure this out :) Cheers

Hi bud

I had this issue lately and what happened was I created a Template in Cubase. The guitar track I was recording too was stereo but I have a mono Waves Compressor on that track and this was only compressing one side and hence reducing the gain. Changed this to a stereo compressor and the signal evened out.

May be worth checking.

Morning all

I generally do not keep profiles on the profiler and only use Rig Manager to add profiles to slots when writing. Over the last week or so I have been adding profiles directly to the Kemper so I have less reliance on Rig Manager when writing and less need to use the mouse. (I don't use any effects or the editing capabilities of Rig Manager)

Now I am on the latest version of the release operating system and I only have 92 profiles on the Kemper. When I am in Browse mode I can scroll through the profiles without issue, very quick. When I am in Performance mode it take around 15 seconds to move from one profile to another and about two or so minutes to scroll from 1 to 92 and that generally take a few more turns of the knob once the profilers catches up. For example I can turn the know loadsnof times to go from 1 - 92 wait 2 minutes and it only goes to 40 so I have to turn the knob again. All in all to scroll 92 profiles takes around 4 to 5 minutes.

When the Browse knob is turned the whole system locks up and I can't do anything until the profiler catches up.

I have reset the global parameters to no affect. Is this a common issue and if so, what version of the OS did this start to happen. I am happy to revert back to an older version as I literally only use the amp profiles and do not need all the other features. It is completely unusable in Performance mode now to the point I have started recording my Jubilee with a Mic as it is killing any inspiration to write.

Any ideas

Mike

Wheresthedug

How did you find the Torpedo? I am starting to find the profiles I have used since I purchased the Kemper are starting to sound more and more fizzy (talking AFD here not a 5150). Through my guitar cab they sound great (DI and Studio with cab off profiles) but through my DAW I am finding with each update the sound may actually be getting worse and due to the sheer volume of options with each update it is becoming more and more complex to troubleshoot issues.

To ensure its not just me, and as I have some cubase templates with eq and compression plus some busses set up, I plan on doing some testing today, if it proves the Kemper is indeed contributing I may look at a torpedo to use with my Silver Jubilee.

It's odd, I looked back and I actually write less music with the Kemper. I wrote loads when I just had my JVM so considering going back to amps.

Anyway it would be good to hear how you rate the Torpedo.

Cheers

Mike

All

One thing I struggle with is the mismatch of volume when reamping. For example if I plug into the Kemper and set input as front input the sound is full and reactive through my studio monitors. If I then set the same setting to SPDIF input and leave all levels in my DAW at 0, so I am not attenuation or turning down the signal, the volume loss or more the amps reaction to my playing is incredible. I have to put the SPDIF reamp volume up to +12 to almost level the signal out then turn the SPDIF volume down to - 6.

What is also strange is when set to SPDIF Input to reamp the input clips but if I set it to Front Input it does not.

This got me looking around at alternatives so I spend more time playing and less time leveling the DI signal out to create a unity signal. I came across Two Notes and noticed that they self balance the DI input based on the original guitar level.

Would this be possible to create within the Kemper.

MATCHTM function

This Two notes innovation is the solution to the problem of level adjustment when re-amplifying. MATCHTM compares the signal as it comes from the guitar (plugged to the DI input) with the signal that has been recorded (and which is sent to the REPLAYTM Line Input) so that what you send to the amp is the ideal level only. Now you can be sure that the signal you send from the DAW is exactly what your guitar itself would be sending.

[Blocked Image: https://www.two-notes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Loupe_MATCH.png]

Ivan

I have also found this, when reamping I have to adjust the reamp sensitivity to +12 to match the levels. It loses some of its mojo using the Kemper to Di I find.

I would love it to have something like this from Two Notes.

MATCHTM function

This Two notes innovation is the solution to the problem of level adjustment when re-amplifying. MATCHTM compares the signal as it comes from the guitar (plugged to the DI input) with the signal that has been recorded (and which is sent to the REPLAYTM Line Input) so that what you send to the amp is the ideal level only. Now you can be sure that the signal you send from the DAW is exactly what your guitar itself would be sending.

All

Not sure this is the place to post issues with 7.5 but when I scroll in performance mode the Kemper locks up for a period of time and no other functions work.

I only have about 20 amp profiles so it's not an issue building a database.

If this is not the right place for 7.5 issues could you possibly direct me to the right place.

On a plus not the AC20 patch posted here sounds amazing. Couldn't stop using it for about an hour before I needed to start writing.

Mike

funny... You remind me when I was 20.. I definitely loved th 60's neck profile.

I add that some years later I've started to prefer the neck of 90's Les Paul Standard, something in between a 59 and a 60. . then I discoverd I'm at home with the R9 profile and now, sometimes I wish I had a 58 or 56 Baseball Neck. It seems the older I get, the Fatter I like it (it may sound a bit strange said like this)

Haha, that last sentence made me laugh. I am 44 and I have never liked the thinner necks (ibanez wizard necks make me feel like I am going to snap the guitar) but as I have gotten older, and possibly a little slower at lead, the smaller neck allows me to bridge the gap.

I am looking at a custom next too

is it one of those with 4 push pull pot? I saw a video last day of la LesPaul like Your and it sounds interesting..

Yes it is, the phase and bypass are really nice, expecially the bypass as the pots are taken out of the sound journey and it cleans up nicely. Almost acts like a bit of a boost.

The single coil split is ok but I don't really hear to much of a difference. Lovely sounding guitars.

I will say I sold my 2015 Gibson Traditional with a 50s neck to fund the second one which I preferred the feel and the weight off but that 50s neck was exhausting to play. The 60s slim taper neck is faster and less tiring, after 3 hours playing yesterday my hands felt like I hadn't even picked the guitar up.

I think my idea Gibson will be a none weight relief 60s slim taper neck with Burst Buckers in..... That's my next Gibson.

Whilst I do hightly recommend them do check the quality carefully. The red one is being sent back for an exchange as it snapped 3 high e strings in succession. The black one plays beautifully but the toggle switch is easy to knock out of the Rhythm position. I may not send it back though as I can get that fixed and may not get one that plays as well if I exchange it.