Posts by Mike K

Please try to switch off the Pure Cabinet function on the last page of the output menu to see if it fixes your issue. Pure Cabinet is deactivated in Profiling mode but becomes active in Perform or Browse mode.

This has already caused a lot of sound problems to users. You should rethought of enabling pure cabinet by default.

The KPA has really had no upgrades in processing or input/outputsince it first appeared. With Musikmesse 2018 about to start, will we get a unit with two modeling paths for true stereo output, so you could finally use two profiles at the same time?

And how about sampling rates on the S/PDIF bus up to 96 khz so use with an audio interface isn't constrained to 44.1 khz. A second digital in/out with flexible routing would be a nice added feature too. It would make connection to an out board effects unit a snap.

Just forget it.

There is no need to explain yourself about your great video and for saying the truth to a kemper forum moderator. It seems that all they want to hear and read is good things and cannot stand any critisism about kemper.

I got to compare direct profile with real Bogner tonight at healthy volumes and it still 20% away from being real… :(
    Now, I am strictly talking about 4×12 cabinet tone…
    Kemper sounds real good through a PA. And it beats carrying cabinets and amplifiers to gigs…
    But,
    I will not be selling any of my amplifier collection just yet

Did you buy a new di box?

Thank you, Tritium ... I was aware that they made one also… But I had been told that all of these DI boxes were pretty much equal.
    Maybe I was told wrong…

No, you wasn't told wrong, many users and commercial sellers have used behringer di boxes with good results. If you want to be sure then check Kemper DI. If this doesn't work too then the problem it's not the di box.

You should check monitor cab off option from output menu and use merged profiles exclusively. Merged profiles have the full signal like studio profiles, so the FOH will get this from main output, and the direct amp profile (amp part) at the same time, for which you will use the speaker output, if you have a powered kemper or monitor output if you want to use an external power amp.

They're perfect for modern Rock, classic rock. classic metal to clean and country , so they would be considered dark for death metal, metal core etc. However with EQ you could turn them into anything because a good fundamental amp tone is there

There are far more and better options for metal for what i want. I cannot judge them for other music genres though. Evem himself has said that he is not metal expert. And yes, his high gain profiles are nothing special. It's not only about sound, but the feeling in my hands when playing. Also i don't like to apply to much eq to a profile to get it sound so much better, i prefer to search for better sounding profiles for my needs in first place, my eq changes are minor, when even made. Just my opinion, ymmv.

The update for EVH 5153 EL34 Kemper pack has been released!
    Added EVH Signature Cab 4x12 loaded with Eddie Van Halen Celestion Signature speakers.
    8 Merged & 5 Direct Amp Profiles.
    Check your emails!

Cheers!

Thanks, i will check them out.

Just a suggestion...until Kemper team put an indication on screen so we could know what kind of profile it is, you could put an S for studio, D for direct amp and M for merged profiles in your profiles' filename. For direct amp profiles isn't so necessary because cab is off, but it is for merged imho.

o.k. after EXCESSVE testing I decided to go from "global pure cab on" to the same method as @patrick2099 (thanks for bringing that topic to discussion again): Turning global pure cab off and adjusting only a few rigs!

I still like the nice full sound I can get with several rigs and without much tweaking, but I also have admit some points you guys have brought to the table in this and in other threads.

Still a very cool feature from Kemper, but I now agree with @Mike K (discussion in another thread) in that point: Pure cab should not be enabled by default.

Yeah, some rigs may benefit from pure cab, i totally agree, even though i don't like it. It's just a matter of personal preference after all. I see it as something optional, that's why i don't like it enabled by default.

Hi Patrick!

I personally do not use it. For me it adds a sense of sameness to many profiles and takes away the openness and precision. I do find it interesting for some styles but for metal to thrash to deathcore (what I usually play) I find it best off.

I don´t like pure cabinet...i even don´t like it turned on and set to zero :D
    When it comes to highgain it muddys everything up imo.

+1