Posts by nottoohigh

I can confirm the following set up will work (I just did it yesterday for my home studio and it's working great for my needs) provided you already have a WiFi network and router available, e.g. like at home.

Using a TP-Link TL-SG1005P PoE switch. With this set up, my iPad with Rig Manager installed connects with no issues to the KPA and remote works perfectly as well.

Works great for home studio needs but of course not suitable for live use.

However, if you run one Kone in series with two other Kones in parallel, their volumes won't be the same - I believe.

I believe I should end up with all 3 kones being in series. 2 in a 2x12 are in series, and the third kone in a 1x12 cab daisy chained also in series. So I should in theory get (somewhat) even volume (discounting for now the fact that 2 are in bigger cab, and 1 is in a smaller cab)?

So has he connected wifi adapter/access point to his switch or is it cabled via an adapter to the iPad’s USB port?

Thanks

Yes, I think so long as the KPA is on the same local network as the iPad, then the iPad can connect to the KPA. So it's probably your first thought - switch is connected to a wireless router, hence the KPA is on the network, iPad is on the same network via wireless and remote will also connect to KPA on same network. This works well for home use, but wouldn't translate to live use unless you had the use of the wireless / wired network at the gig venue (unlikely)...

Very cool! thanks for the tip!

that tip actually lead me to this video by a German YouTuber

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He connected his KPA to his iPad via a TP-Link PoE switch so you can also hook up the remote as well, important for users of the remote of course.

I have 2 Kones arriving Monday which will go into a 2x12 cab, wired in Series as per the manual, for an 8ohm total rating.

I also have an empty 1/12 cab lying around not doing anything.

So I was curious, could I get another (i.e. 3rd) Kone, put into the 1x12, and then daisy chain the 1x12 (4ohm since single Kone) to the 2x12 (8ohm since 2 Kones in series).

Speaker out from powered Toaster will go into the 2x12 cab, which has dual input jacks (input jacks would be wired in parallel currently but I could change that to series I believe?), and then daisy chain to the 1x12.

Impedance mismatch problem?

Is above possible without damaging toaster and all kones involved? Whether it will sound any good is another matter of course! ;)

Thanks!

nottoohigh - just wanted to say thanks. Just got mine in today and couldn't update the OS. Everything I tried caused it to hard freeze and I had to keep unplugging the power. Followed your steps and everything worked.

Nice to know thanks! a bit sad that 3 years on these "workarounds" are still needed, but oh well.... Still a great device to have in my rig!

as can be seen from the link at the bottom of every page, this new forum is powered by WoltLab's forum system. And WoltLab's own forum looks like this: https://community.woltlab.com/board/2655-woltlab-suite-3-1/

Pretty much just like the new kemper forum except different colours. So I think apart from possibly having colour/theme choices in future, we will have to learn to live with this new layout and functionality, so long as they remain using the WoltLab system.

Agree with overall sentiment that seems to be "we prefer the old look". Granted new look is probably a little more modern (old look wasn't that dated though...), and in keeping with current web design styles. But still I did find the old forum easier to navigate and easier on the eyes as well.

Thanks for all the replies! Being I'm such a cheapskate, I'd much rather mod a used Cry Baby than buy a Mission. Much cheaper, and I have used a soldering iron a time or two. :)

Excellent choice me thinks!

By the way, the standard pot that comes in any cry baby type wah has a plastic gear piece that slides over the long shaft of the pot. This gear piece (with "teeth") can be removed once you take off the little metal clip that holds it in place, then you can reuse that gear piece with the off-the-shelf linear 10K pot that you buy.

One caveat, the inside hole of the gear piece is semi-circular (sort of moon shaped, not 100% circle, see picture below).

[Blocked Image: https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/169155/11821540_800.jpg]

So the linear 10K pot that you buy needs to have a similar flat side on the shaft and also a longish shaft as well to match. But it should not be hard to find such pots at electronics supplies stores. That pot shown above is a picture from Thomann's website and they charge over 14 euros for that pot, but it is made for wahs. A generic linear 10K should only cost a couple bucks at most.

As @Burkhard has noted, the Mission pedal will feel like a cry baby. In fact, from a physical and internal point of view, it is pretty much exactly a cry baby enclosure and mechanism, so it would be as close as you can get to a real cry baby for a commercially bought exp pedal.

and as @V8guitar noted, you can quite easily build your own using an old cry baby. If you are even just slightly handy with a soldering iron, buy a cheap old crybaby on the bay and convert it into an expression pedal with instructions here. I've done one myself and feel it sounds, works and feels to all intents and purposes exactly like my real cry baby wah.

The key mod though is to replace the cry baby's pot with a 10K linear pot so that you can get a fully usable range and sweep on the pedal.

Here's my cover of Satch's Starry Night from his Strange Beautiful Music album.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I used an MBritt profile that I really like of a Friedman 100W head.

Awesome tone and hand ! Can yoy talk more about your rig? Thanx

Thanks for the kind words!

Rig for this recording was:

- Suhr Classic Pro direct into Kemper
    - KPA using S/PDIF out into Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface, and also KPA direct out into one of the Scarlett line inputs
    - Scarlett 6i6 into iMac running Logic Pro X
    - S/PDIF gives a stereo output, so I record 2 tracks in Logic to capture full stereo signal, plus 1 more track for the DI signal, in case I want to re-amp later (which in the case of this recording, I did not re-amp)

And that was pretty much it!