Posts by nottoohigh

Here's my cover of Satch's Ten Words from his Super Colossal album.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If anyone is interested, I can share the KPA profile I used for the lead guitar parts. It's kinda sorta a rough approximation (IMHO) of the tone Satch used on this song, if it was played with a single coil guitar. Used a free profile off the rig exchange with a few tweaks and stomps added.

In that case, you could use this:

[Blocked Image: https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/181882/10924259_800.jpg]

Above is from Thomann.

So main outs from Kemper L and R go into corresponding inputs on Ditto X4 using standard guitar (TS) cables. Then from Ditto X4 you use the above cable to go into your Mission which as I understand it has a single stereo input.

that way your Ditto can get the full stack signal from the Kemper, so each loop will record everything the kemper outputs, effects and all, and in full glorious stereo too (added bonus kemper delays sound awesome if they are taking advantage of stereo).

This is how I wire up my Ditto X4 except I'm going into a mixer first so so I can just use 2 TS cables, but with your Mission, I believe above cable is all you will need.

I forgot where can I adjust that? Also can I change the way the push activate works so it doesn't disengage so easy?

You will need to remove the base of the pedal and unscrew the pedal switch slightly by loosening the nut that holds it from outside the pedal, at the part underneath the rocking top of the wah. Then you will see from the inside of the pedal that the switch has a nut on the inside that you adjust to set the height of the amount of the switch that extends out of the body of the pedal.

You want less switch extending out so it will take a slightly harder stomp onto the pedal to engage and disengage the switch. You might need some experimentation to get it just right. Hope that all made sense!

Regarding wah parameters: be sure you calibrated the pedal in the system menu page for that pedal input. That may help with the sweep becoming more natural. Also try downloading the wah presets that others have posted on the forum ( just search for wah presets) and try a different preset. You might get a better sweep that suits what you want that way.

Can you post 2 sound samples for us to soundcloud: first being the kemper through your cab, just record it on smartphone mic if that's all you have (or if possible, put a studio mic in front of the cab and record into your interface), and second being the recorded sound that you felt was thin and crappy.

The problem I have is it's not just replacing, it's actually deleting that rig, and replacing it with the new profile, while somehow merging the effects. I don't want to delete and replace anything, so this has me very puzzled.

Yup, I have the exact same issue as you but it didn't happen from day 1 of getting the profiler and making profiles. Initially it was fine, as in this issue didn't occur. Then one day doing some new profiles it started happening and wouldn't go away (on its own, ha ha!).

So rather than worry too much about it, what I did to workaround it is create a "dummy" performance called "Profiling Amps" and always have that performance as the last loaded performance when I am about to profile an amp. that way, the rig that gets replaced in the performance slot isn't one that I actually care about.

I chose to workaround this oddity because other than that issue, the rest of my KPA seems to be perfect. Hope that helps for you!

I use the AKG K240 MkIIs and have not noticed any break up issues with clean profiles per se.

As far as why your cab doesn't have the breakup, remember that your cab is not FRFR so could well be "hiding" some frequencies that you are hearing on your headphones. Perhaps that's why?

Did you try a different set of headphones as well to rule out a faulty pair of headphones? And does this consistently happen with all clean profiles, not just a few?

My personal experience has been that it's best to have the KPA powered on while working in RM on performances and to have the KPA in performance mode, with that specific performance loaded as well (and not say in browse mode or with some other performance loaded). Otherwise, I have on occasion had odd behaviours such as renaming a performance slot in RM but on the KPA it does not change.

But if I ensure that on the KPA that same performance is loaded and in performance mode too, then changes in RM reflect on the KPA within 1 second or less of making the change in RM.

I really struggle to think how something like that could work it's way loose just from normal use.

Agree with that. Perhaps it didn't actually come loose (as in, unscrewed all the way) at all - it was an extra riser screw that somehow was "left" inside the unit during assembly. previously it was jammed between some other parts so it didn't move around too much.

If you are even just slightly handy with a soldering iron you can also consider scoring a cheap crybaby on the bay and convert it into an expression pedal. Instructions here.

I've done one myself and can confirm it works very nicely, with added bonus that it feels from a physical point of view exactly like a "real" wah since the enclosure and physical sweep is actually a real wah.

This might be too late now for your upcoming gigs, but yes, you can do that. Assign your dual footswitches to "Rig up" and "Rig Down". This allows browsing to each rig in browse mode, and when in performance mode, each button press moves the performance slot to the next 1, either up and down respectively.

@audiomitch when I record the dry track initially doesn’t have the input in kemper to be “front input” and only later when reamping be changed into “spdif input reamp?”
    In logic the input is set to 5 which is the spdif dry signal , I can record no problem through spdif, my problem is the signal doesn’t go back to the kemper for some reason

Yes you are right about the settings for input - front input when recording and spdif input reamp for reamping.

@nottoohigh I checked and in logic output and input are set to 6i6 usb the kemper input set to spdif reamp ..but still nothing happen .do you have a 1st or 2nd generation focusrite ? Maybe the prob is in focusritr control :huh:

Mine is 2nd gen. Here's my focusrite control set up:

Note that there is an output setting for S/PDIF to go over 5-6 channel for output.

Also when you say you aren't getting any sound going back into the kemper for reamping, are you sure that you are not seeing the "input" LED on the kemper lighting up as your DI track is playing back? Because maybe it's just a monitoring issue and you aren't hearing the sound but the input is actually going back correctly. Just another thing to check.

Also don't rule out a faulty cable. try swapping your rca cables between in and out to rule that possibility out as well.

I am not using SPDIF yet, but my first question is WHY do you have SPDIF going back INTO your kemper? Just asking.If you want the whole rig sound, it is my understanding to set the output to either main stereo, or main mono. then again I am so new to this, I may be totally full of shit, if so.. I apologize.!

Because we want to reamp and we are doing so over SPDIF as well, that's why we need out from interface and in to Kemper over SPDIF as well. We don't HAVE to use SPDIF for that, we could use alt input on the KPA instead (and some other output from our interface, not SPDIF) if let's say our interface doesn't have spdif in and out (some only have spdif in).

But since the OP's 6i6 has both spdif in and out, it's really nice and neat to use both together for recording and re-amping, 2 cheap cables, all digital signal. that's the way I do it as well.

Hi @Jarrydee total noob here so any help is good! One spdif is going out of my focusrite into my kemper because my understanding is that once you record a dry track in your daw then to reamp the signal has to go back to the kemper ! My problem is that the signal DOESNT go back to the kemper , I just have no input from the focusrite (it’s driving me crazy )

Hi! I have the same 6i6 and I use spdif in and out with Logic on my Mac. So pretty much the same set up as you. I think you are missing a couple of key set up steps:

1) Please check in Logic > Preferences > Audio that you have Output Device in the drop down set to "Scarlett 6i6 USB"

2) When you are ready to re-amp, on the Kemper go into the Input menu and Input Source (knob 3) must be set to "SPDIF Input Reamp"

- At this point if you play your plugged in guitar you will not hear it since your input source is no longer Front input. This is exactly what we want for reamping.

3) Select your DI track in logic and set the Output of that track to "Out 5-6", which is the SPDIF output on the focusrite. Sounds from your description above that you did do this. So must be either or both of steps #1 and #2 above that you missed.

Please try it and report back if you still have problems.

Hope that helps!