Posts by jonathanthomas83

Which Ampeg profile was it you were looking for? I don't see any factory bass Ampegs in the reference list that aren't named "Amp pig". I've went through gobs of guitar profiles but the very first bass profile I ever tried is still the best one I've tried. It's an SVT that came in my Kemper, I can't recall the name but I know there wasn't "Amp pig" in the name. I filtered bass in the reference list and all of the Ampegs read that. I'm sure mine was a factory rig but I didn't find it on this list filtering bass.

Same as me and stuck with it after I stumbled across it, it's likely the Amp Pig by TAF. My memory of the name failed me but the memory of the tone I got when I tried it, did not!

Is there a list of profiles that have come as stock on the Profiler of over the years? Do they still include all of them on the profiler for new units sold, or do they replace them?

I'm looking for a specific Ampeg bass profile I used in 2018 but the only profile I can see on my new 2021 Profiler is Uwe Bossert's 'Amp Pig Bass', I feel like I'd remember that one if I used it. Which leads me to believe that I might have used a 3rd party profile for it, which is annoying because I'll never figure out which!

Be really handy to know what profiles came as stock in 2018. Many thanks

Sorry they didn't hit for you the same way mate. Guess it's just down to personal preference for each of us. My main thing with any base profile is a clarity n presence from the off then I feel I have a solid base to work from. I find with a lot of profiles I need to tinker quite a bit with the low n high cut on the cab distortion sense and definition etc, to get to where I want, get rid of some wooly ness or "remove the blanket" as some describe it. It's what works to my ears with my guitars. With these I will still go in and refine a little for preference and for a mix but the base tone was pretty close from the off for me on a surprising number from this pack. As I say no right or wrong just different flavours for different folks.

Sorry man, I am very grateful for the recommendation and I can definitely see why you recommended them, they sound great, just unfortunate that it's not the kind of tone I'm used to with regards to the euipment used. That post was more a plea for profilers to be more detailed on their websites and for sale pages. :)

You're absolutely right that I can try a bit of tweaking, which I will :) Thanks again

Bought blittles JCM800 pack last night on sale for$7.50. Hadn't heard of him before but demo's sounded good so took a chance. Blown away, up there with the very best Marshall tones I've ever had from the kemper.

Edited: The sounds are great, but the mic's used are a 57 and 421 mix, which I've always found to be a bit brash sounding and prefer to mix in a Royer 121 to mellow things out a little.

I had a Kemper back about 2-3 years ago and the next big thing was the reverbs, there was massive hype around that release and they turned out to be incredible. Next up was the drives and whilst I was away, the fuzzes. Amazing.

So now I'm back and enjoying it immensely, I wanted to ask what is in the pipeline? Do we know? Are we speculating on anything in particular? Would love your thoughts.

That's such a good point and in my auditioning of some profiles today, I've found that is true to some degree. I've had to raise the rig volume on almost all of them and they almost always sound better. Thank you, I'll check those out!

I'm still searching for authentic profiles that match what I remember about my old 100w 2203 head.

Most of the profiles I'm finding are too metal sounding, and although I used to run the pre-amp at full, there was a separation and clarity in across the strings that just sticks out. I've yet to hear a profile that does that.

So I'm looking for a good set, with plenty of options and range of gain. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

I assume the OS6 thread is best place for this...

Are we missing something important here guys?...

This is the company that makes the best amp simulation in the world. Is it worth us speculating that the acoustic simulation is even half as good as the amp profiling is? Potentially using the same type of algorithm to achieve the simulation maybe?

After all, acoustic IRs exist, why not profile acoustic guitars?

Or am I just blowing this one way out of proportion? The almost flippant nature of the way it was announced as a minor effect suggests it's nothing more than a simple approximation.

One can hope its more :)

Edit: also worth noting that you'd rarely want to run an acoustic guitar through a Mesa Dual Rec or Marshall JCM800...so where will this effect fit in the stack? You'd rarely need a cabinet either...worth thinking about, I think.

It'd be good to have a proper voting system for all these suggestions. So that it shows each suggestion in a league table, kind of way.

God, Kemper guys must be battered and bruised after announcing this stuff...only to be inundated with more and more feature requests!

G String confirmed in the NAMM thread that the current Editor is only a demo version and is far from finished. He said that while Kemper don't intend to implement every single function of the KPA in the editor they would certainly be adding more that the current demo and implied that Input Output would definitely be up for consideration.

Do you have a link to that post please? Not that I disbelieve you, mate :) Just interested to read back through it

In my haste to write something witty, I now look a bit silly given that spring reverbs historically sat in front of the amp! I never knew that.

In all seriousness though, I'm mightily impressed with the new reverbs, the new speaker seems to be pretty cool (not a fan of the look of the cab though) and the editor looks really great. Super impressed!

It makes sense now, with NAMM, that they waited all this time to say something about all the work that's been going on. I personally cannot wait until it's all released. What a time to be a Kemper owner!