Posts by wikola

BayouTexan

Nice share about feelings we all have at one point or another. Congrats on your progress. Isn't that what we all aspire to do?

I appreciate being able to hear from musicians from around the globe here on the forum. We all share a common interest in music. My Kemper helps keep me motivated. Rock on brothers.(and sisters)

Dynochrome, agreed that this is a great feature. I added direct mix to my crunch and lead tones and it really helped fatten them up. Thanks for sharing. One of the things I love about this forum is people sharing these little tricks that can improve a good profile to a great one.

I play in a 5pc cover band. We used to perform 1-2 shows per month pre-pandemic. Last gig was November 2020. We do have a few shows coming up end of July and August. The good thing is since we couldn't play out, we decided to focus on writing and recording original music. We are just wrapping up recording the last couple songs and then we'll start on album 2. I long for the days of being able to go out and see live music. There's a lot of pent-up demand out there.

Welcome to the best forum out there. I'm 60 and went with powered toaster and remote. I like the convenience of editing on the toaster or thru Rig Manager. Both work well. Enjoy your new rig!!

I've had issues with RM connecting to my toaster in the past. My current process is to start both RM and the Kemper but not connected to each other. After both are fired up, I connect Kemper to PC. Have not had an issue since I started doing this.

I booted up my Kemper and Performance 1 was missing. I was able to restore it from a backup. I was not hooked up to rig Manager when I noticed the missing performance. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm on the latest full release, not a beta version.

Epilogue: I ended up returning the Kabinet and got my wireless rig. Enjoying just playing instead of trying to decide which speaker option sounds best. Loving my Kemper more than ever now. Hope everyone is staying healthy.

Thiele cabs are all about tuned bass resonance, either by a front ported or open back design.
    If that's what you like (and more important - are used to) then that's fine of course, but you are comparing two pretty different design approaches - a Kone in a Thiele cab would be a more 'even' comparison I think.

Don, you hit it right on the head. My Thiele is front ported. Much more low end presence. I'm going to try dialing in Output EQ with the Kabinet.

No I mean the Mesa cab just sounds better. Not a matter of pushing air. The cab just sounds fuller. I experimented with bass boost on the Kabinet but it didn’t help. I’m playing low to medium gain profiles for rock music. And yes I read the manual before I even plugged it in.

So I have spent some time pulling up profiles from RE and running them thru my newly purchased Kabinet. I was pretty happy with the sounds until I went back and compared the Kabinet with my Mesa Thiele 1-12 cabinet. The sound is much fuller and more dynamic with my cabinet. I have been using the Kemper Kone "On" in the output settings with my comparisons. It really improves the tone coming from the cabinet. My gut feeling is return the Kabinet and spend the money on a much needed new wireless rig. Has anyone else had the same experience? I love Kemper products and was genuinely surprised at how much better my cab sounded.

So I just ordered the Kabinet. I'm running my powered toaster thru a Mesa Thiele 1-12 with cab sim off. I'm really curious if the Kabinet will give me new dimensions of tone with all the IR's and how it will feel vs playing a guitar cab. My thought is this should allow me to better refine the sound going to front of house rather than tweaking with headphones. Wondering how many others are thinking the same thing? Anyone gone from guitar cab to the Kabinet and what are your first impressions?

I bought a powered toaster and remote. Works perfectly for me. If you go the stage route you'll need a powered speaker or a power amp to drive a cab so you'll have to spend a few more bucks, narrowing the gap between stage and powered unit.