Posts by BillChaz

I believe there are people using a PC or Mac with a DAW to send midi using tracks.

I use an Android tablet and a bluetooth midi adapter to change performance/slots per song.

Thanks. That helps a little although I am unsure of what you are describing. I am currently playing in a show with a lot of rig changes needed. I was curious to see if it would be possible to order all my rigs sequentially and simply step through them one by one with a single switch as opposed to having to constantly change up and down between different performances and rigs. Particularly as I am working in a pit in a crampt space where it is not easy to have the remote at my feet. I was thinking of a simple advance/step back button?

Does anybody know if a DrZ 2x10 cab would give pretty faithful results if used with profiles of DrZ amps (with the cab turned off, obviously)? I am thinking particularly of the official profiles produced by DrZ himself but I understand that there are other good profiles available out there.

I use my powered toaster almost exclusively for live use and have yet to find a cab that I am particularly happy with. Having owned a couple, I really dig DrZ’s amps and, as I don’t have unlimited resources to explore and experiment with umpteen different cab/speaker combinations I thought this might be a particularly good solution?

One question that has occurred to me is how does the Kemper produce the base-tone (by that I mean the tone that a particular amp produces before it is shaped/coloured by particular cab/speaker/mic combinations) of any given amp? Obviously, when “cab” is turned OFF, the Kemper removes/defeats/bypasses the cab/speaker/mic contribution to the tone but how does it know how to do that? As I understand it, profiling is always done by the Kemper “listening” to an amp at the speaker, or am I mistaken and can amps be profiled just at amp level without factoring in cab/speaker/mic influence?

Gosh, that was longer than I intended! :|

Thoughts and testimonies much appreciated!

Cheers