Posts by Onion1616

Shalom, Onion!

Before you ditch the Symetrix and Aphex, why not try Profiling them?

Well...since I've schlepped these things around forever, they're probably safe...but at some point in the future, I could look into that. I want to dig in a bit regarding the basics of the unit first.

Just got my Kemper toaster from "Wild Guitars" near Tel Aviv. Highly recommend them...unfortunately Israel is a mess of mediocre stores, each carrying specific and limited brands different from everyone else...no one stop shopping for us. But Wild Guitars was great! Looking forward to really digging in to the unit. Right now I'm messing with the chorus and delays, and I'm really digging the choices, the quality, and the ease of tweaking. The amps I tried so far really clean up nicely when the gain knob is backed off...the unit of course looks fabulous as well. My guitars are a PRS 513, Godin LGX-SA, 80s Washburn Acoustic, Ovation Elite Standard, old 70s pre-lawsuit Ibanez Les Paul copy, and an Ibanez Six String Bass (the one that's tuned like a guitar, only an octave down). Couple of interesting vintage pieces - an old Ibanez DM1000 digital delay, Symetrix 501 compressor, and an Aphex Aural Exciter Type C. Don't really use them at the moment but can't bring myself to get rid of them...anyway, I feel privileged to have one of these units, and to be a part of this community....

Hi all. New user here. I think I accidentally posted this to the wrong (public) forum. It's probably better placed here with registered owners. Can't seem to delete the other thread. Just got my Kemper, love the look (toaster, non powered), and love the interface. Downloaded Rig Manager to my laptop, but haven't looked into it yet. So I plug my Kemper in, and start scrolling through the rigs. Seems to be a button for sorting amps by favourites, author, all rigs, and by amp etc. I immediately had a couple of questions. 1) Is there an online list of every rig/profile that comes stock in the Kemper (for the latest update)? I looked at Rig manager for a second, and saw a slew of rigs...is that what is specifically in my Kemper, or is that the "whole universe" of rigs available to me for download (I haven't connected Rig Manager to my Kemper yet). 2) Just using my toaster display and buttons, is there a way to look up specific profiles or rigs that are preloaded? For example, I immediately wanted to find a JC-120, but had no idea how to search, other than scrolling through all rigs, and even then, I didn't notice anything that said JC-120 or a "look alike" name...3) Are there empty user slots to save rigs, or do I just overwrite some existing rig slot, which I then lose the original... Sorry, I'm sure these questions have been covered here, but I tried the search function, and got a lot of non-relevant hits... Thanks!

Hi all. New user here. Just got my Kemper, love the look (toaster, non powered), and love the interface. Downloaded Rig Manager to my laptop, but haven't looked into it yet. So I plug my Kemper in, and start scrolling through the rigs. Seems to be a button for sorting amps by favourites, author, all rigs, and by amp etc. I immediately had a couple of questions. 1) Is there an online list of every rig/profile that comes stock in the Kemper (for the latest update)? I looked at Rig manager for a second, and saw a slew of rigs...is that what is specifically in my Kemper, or is that the "whole universe" of rigs available to me for download (I haven't connected Rig Manager to my Kemper yet). 2) Just using my toaster display and buttons, is there a way to look up specific profiles or rigs that are preloaded? For example, I immediately wanted to find a JC-120, but had no idea how to search, other than scrolling through all rigs, and even then, I didn't notice anything that said JC-120 or a "look alike" name...3) Are there empty user slots to save rigs, or do I just overwrite some existing rig slot, which I then lose the original... Sorry, I'm sure these questions have been covered here, but I tried the search function, and got a lot of non-relevant hits...