Posts by Jake91

Thanks heaps that helps a lot, It turns out I'm not going for for this gig now I think were just going to mic up a cab, but that's all good, Ill just make sure I balance all my rig volumes before I go into the gig tomorrow night. Cant wait!

Hello Everyone!

I’ve owned my Kemper Power rack for about a year now, I’m preparing for my first live show with a new band, We have a very minimal sound check on the night we're straight on after another band, pretty sure it's just plug in and quick 5 minute sound check on each patch, I’m extremely anal about being prepared and want to make sure it’s perfect so there's no hiccups on the night.

I’ll be running mono L out of main straight to the desk unfortunately no wedges/monitors on stage so I have to rely on cab for stage sound but that's fine. I was wondering if anyone else had any tips or tricks for helping with preparation, All of my patches are from professional bundles so I shouldn’t have to do any adjusting they already sound incredible out of the box, maybe just a bit of delay/reverb tweaking. I’ve been a reader on here for a while and done some of my own research and what I’ve turned up so far is;

IF ANYONE HAS AN ANSWER FOR THESE PROBLEMS THAT'D BE GOOD TO - I've adjusted my clean sense slightly to stop my input led from hitting red and clipping, I've adjusted it slightly down so it only just touches yellow , Is this correct?.

I have a patch where if I start to dial the gain up or down, the volume of the actual patch starts to increase and decrease exponentially.

Do I turn cab sim off for FOH? If so how do I do that?

•Engage -12db pad for FOH mixer headroom

•Make sure rigs are volume balanced, What's the best way to do this? Just using rig volume?.

•Disconnect Main outs to allow independent Monitor out & Cab volume adjustment without effecting FOH

•Keep USB with patch/firmware backups

If anyone has any more relevant tips please do share!

I’ll disable the looper as well, that would be a scary one, i saw a thy art is murder rig vid where they put cableties around the buttons they dont want to use and you cant press it down?

when you create your program change through a midi track in logic you just assign the tracks to different midi channels, and on the kemper change the midi channel in the settings to match the channel you selected in logic to the relevant track with the patch changes. For example i have 2 midi tracks on logic that sent to channel 7 & 8 for mine and other guitarists kempers, and in the settings on each kemper i change the midi channel to the relevant track/channel on logic.

You can also use a midi splitter from the interface going to the INs on both kempers if you don’t want to use the in&thru.

As for the effects & gain changes during the track, I’ve never done this before but from what I’ve read you can create a midi change in logic and instead of choosing program change you select controller? That’s as far as I’ve ever gotten with that , you might be able to dig up some more info from here or youtube

Hello Everyone!

I’ve owned my Kemper Power rack for about 6 months now and it’s honestly the best thing I’ve ever bought, I’m preparing for our first sound check and first live show for my bands EP release, I’m extremely anal about being prepared and want to make sure it’s perfect!I’ll be running mono out of main and probably a monitor out to wedge or cabs, I also have in ears but because I’m the only one in the band who uses them I’ll probably just give them a pass. I am confident with majority of the basic settings, I was wondering if anyone else had any tips or tricks for helping with preparation, All of my patches are from professional bundles so I shouldn’t have to do any adjusting they already sound incredible out of the box, maybe just a bit of delay/reverb tweaking. I’ve been a reader on here for a while and done some of my own research and what I’ve turned up so far is;

•Engage -12db pad for FOH mixer headroom

•Make sure rigs are volume balanced on FRFR speakers (Mainly just clean channel being a bit under, Do i use clean sense?)

•Disconnect Main outs to allow independant Monitor out adjustment

•Keep USB with patch/firmware backups

If anyone has any more relevant tips please do share!

Make sure that your Kemper name in your rig manager Exactly matches the one you put on your kemper when you set it up, I had this issue and the labels i gave to both werent the same

One of the best tight high gain tones I've found so far is the memphis may fire tone pack from STL tones, Currently the one our band is using and sounds beastly through FRFR's and a guitar cab

Hey guys,

So today I exported my performance from rig manager to my pc to have a backup, After that I updated the software and firmware for my rig manager and kemper. While in Performance mode afterwards, I accidently hit the browse knob on a lead channel I had setup, And when I flicked back to the correct amp amp i was using i found I’ve lost all the delays and reverb on the channel, All i did was hit the browse knob changing the amp and cab, so why did It delete my delay/rev? If i didnt press store :/ very frustrating,

Clean sense is often stored at a specific setting by some profilers. I noticed some Tone Junkie profiles for example were around -7 if I remember correctly. Funnily enough even that isn't nearly low enough for me =O I have been trying to level some profiles from the same pack and the totally clean ones need to be around -10 and have about 3db knocked of the rig volume to get them even close to quiet enough relative to the drive sounds but that's just my experience. To answer your question, if you don't lock the input settings then the clean sens value from the profile will override your own settings. This works well where you use multiple guitars and want to assign a rig specific clean sens to suit the guitar you use with it. However, if you lock the Input setting the clean sense saved with the rig will be ignored and your own setting will be preserved.

Awesome thank you, I only use one guitar so it's really quite convenient.

What method did you use for balancing your volumes across your rigs for live use?

Yeah I've watched all of them but a lot of things tend to fade away in my memory after a while haha, Good news is I've fixed the volume issue, Clean sense was rolled to some ridiculous minus number,

2 questions I have is the distortion sense has been rolled back to -7.5 for some reason on my clean channel ive checked all my other rigs and the clean/dist sense are all at 0 but in the video it says that the dist sense is a global setting is it only global if you lock it? Mine is not currently locked so does that mean my dist sense is still individually set only to my clean chan atm, Is it possible that it came preset at -7.5 from the pack i purchased or are the clean/dist senses something that can only be adjusted by the user.

And the other question I had is when I strum really hard the input light clips red for just a second. but it sounds good coming through a cab, is this going to be an issue when i go to foh for live use? The output LED does not seem to show any red clipping from memory

regards