Posts by stratdude

I thought it was exactly that at first, but like I said, 3 different guitars and it's always the same pitch, this guitar's a Les Paul. The first thing I tried was muting the strings behind the nut and the bridge, Oddly enough I'd just completely rewired my Les Paul (Gibson refuse to wire left handed guitars correctly) and thought somehow I'd stuffed the wiring, but every guitar's the same

the “squeal” seems to be the least of your problems. What is causing that buzz? I suspect the same thong is responsible for the squeal.

The buzzing is just hi gain with no noise gate. I'll pull it out of my rack next and plug a lead straight into it but this is definitely new and annoying

Just had this squealing sound all of a sudden, pretty much on the decay of an open chord suddenly muted, but I can hear it subtlety through everything. I've attached a recording, I pushed the gain to 10 half way through just to exaggerate the noise. Happens on 3 different guitars, all outputs, 2 different wireless setups (all my spare leads are in the roof). It's the same slightly sharp "C" note no matter whether I play an open d or an open a.

Any ideas?

kemper squeal.zip

It seems there's 2 types of people who like the Kemper, those that want the best foh sound or recording sound without the need to mic up cabinets, and those that want an amp that can make you believe your playing any amp in the world.

I'm in the second camp, the rest is a bonus.

The only way to get there is with a powered kpa, or a kpa and a transparent poweramp, and then the Kemper Kones.

I felt the kpa was a bit of a compromise until I got the Kones. The kones are only emulating the speaker though, not the cabinet, so I'd suggest load them in to a cabinet that you already like the sound of and you won't look back

Step 1: Buy the 4x12 of your choice

Step 2: Play it and realise you love it, but you realise all the profiles sound kind of the same

Step 3: Swap the speakers out for Kones and be blown away, and say to yourself "why didn't I just do this in the first place"

All scenarios end up with you having a 4x12?

I'm using Sennheiser RS120 II headphones, they're UHF, so no latency. I'm sure corded would sound better, as well as in ears, but these are all in one and convenient.

I'm using Samson UHF wireless as well, zero latency also. I'd recommend the airline 88 with the bug type transmitter

I'm hearing ya, I currently I have 2 Celestion G12S 50's in my 4x12 and 2 Kemper Kones, with 2 seperate inputs (I thought I'd buy 2 rather than 4 straight up in case I didn't like them, should've just bought 4).

I can switch between the 2 obviously, the Kones sound better no matter which profile I'm on.

Either Marshall cab is going to sound great, but it will sound even better with the Kones.

I'll shut up now, at risk of sounding like a fanboy.

I would suggest get some Kones and put them in a cabinet you like. If you like 4x12's, put 4 Kones in a 4x12.

Running the Kemper through a Marshall cab will sound great, but the versatility you'll get from the Kones is worth the extra expense and trouble.

The speaker cab you drop them in will contribute to your sound, more so with higher gain profiles

I've always wondered what Jazzmasters bring to the

What are the characteristics that would make me reach for a Jazzmaster rather than the Strat or Tele?

Say your playing your strat, and your thinking "my strings aren't falling off the saddles often enough", then maybe you need a Jazzmaster.

I always wanted one 'til I played one, they do look cool though. Maybe if you dont hit the strings hard you'll be fine, otherwise I've heard of people running a string retainer behind the bridge, whatever suits your playing style I suppose

G'day

Is someone able to list all of the midi cc comands the Kemper will respond to. The latest one on here is from 2012. I believe there's nothing in the manual. I've found a third party list, but even that's missing morph ramp up and down.

Thanks kindly

I was pondering a similar situation, two 2x12's or one 4x12. I'd definitely go the dr Z 2x12, it will sound much better for anything with gain or hi gain, they're a solid unit.

The cabinet is going to be as important as it would be with any other speaker in creating the sound your looking for

I'm going for 2 custom 2x12's, but I'd definitely pick up a dr z cab if I came across one, not too common in Aus though

I've got the power rack and I'm running Kones in a 4x12 cab. I wish the poweramp was stereo, but really that would just be a novelty. With the powered head you can go stereo to foh and mono for monitoring in a cab or Kabinet.

Having the poweramp in the head is worth it for the portability and ease of use imho.

One day if I feel I haven't already poured enough money in to this set up, I'll make a second poweramp from the Ice 250asx2 (the same amp that's in the powerhead) so I can run stereo to two 2x12's.

If you're dead keen on running stereo cabs, I'd go a rack unit with your power amp to keep it "all in one", can't offer any first hand advice on the Peavey though

Definitely 4 ohm. The manual has been updated and now recommends 4 - 16 ohm.

8 ohm will allow full power, 16 only half power. 4 ohm would theoretically allow double, but there is a momentary cut out feature in the Kemper if 600 watts is exceeded.

Kemper had the choice, and made their own Kabinet 4 ohm.

This is all moot though, I think your ears will start bleeding before you exceed the volume capabilities of your speakers or amp, I'd recommend to keep power amp boost at zero though.

Do you have a multimeter? I'd check that both cables are wired tip to tip. It's easy to get it wrong and usually makes no difference, until you add a second, identical speaker!

My money's on this, reversed polarity on 1 lead

This is the question I'm currently asking myself, I've just dropped 2 Kones in my 4x12 cab and I'm loving them even more than I thought I would. Seriously, this sound I'm getting now is the reason I bought the powered rack 2 years ago, playing through HS8's sounded neutered and the Celestion G12S's in my 4x12 were wooly and muffled even though they sound great with my Marshall.

I'm definitely buying another 2 Kones, and my plan is to make a couple of 2x12's with slightly more internal volume combined than my 4x12.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in comparing two 2x12's to a 4x12 particularly in regard to bottom end with metal/hi gain amps. I'm wondering if I'll lose any bottom end, particularly on the metal/hi gain profiles and regret my decision.

Once again, loving the Kones, can't wait to crank them properly! ?

Hi

Would it be possible in a future update to add "No Imprint, Original Cab" or something similar when selecting a per rig imprint in the cab module. I'm loving the imprints and the Kones but this would be a nice option to have if you wanted to have the original cab sim running through the Kabinet or Kone as a one off.

Cheers