Posts by stratdude

Once again, it's stuff that can be worked out in software. Button functions can change, the GUI can change. It's only the hardware that stays. As an example the Helix just came out with true preset spillover, meaning there is no delay at all when changing presets. Others will follow.

You would hope so, but the fact that there was such a delay bringing this to market and they still couldn't fix it? That's a big leap of faith to hope they get around to it someday.

But as it stands, it's unusable live. When will it be usable? 6 months? A year? Never?

the latest fwiw. a little nit picky for the first iteration OS but at least the things that he has seen as oversights are now public.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seriously? Clicking / static sounds when changing scenes? I'm sorry, but for live use the Pod XT Live still wins (joking/not joking). That's just unusable

It depends whether you're in the camp that wants to hear the colouration of the cab (plywood) or whether you're trying to limit that (mdf). I'm in the process of making a couple of oversize 2x12 cabs from 18mm plywood, I think that will be a benefit for high gain. I currently have my Kones in a plywood 4x12, but I'm over 4x12 cabs

The input section is there to match your guitar and pickups to the Kemper, whatever guitar the original user was using is irrelevant to you. However, you'll probably decide to lock it the first time you load a rig with the clean sens turned up to 12 and the input and output clipping red, that's when I decided to lock it

I know that the Kemper needs it. That’s not the point. It’s about the tech. Does the data (the 1’s and 0’s produced the Kemper way) need a physical unit to drive them. I doubt that. It’s just data. And it’s not about Kemper making a plug-in. It’s about the tech side of things.

This is something you may have to look in to yourself, but I believe the answer is no. I believe the Kemper software is written specifically for the processor in the Kemper, my understanding is it would be impossible for Kemper to upgrade the processor without going back to square 1 with the software.

So if your asking if it's possible for some clever software engineer to actually play Kemper profiles through a pc then I believe the answer is no. I may be wrong

The Amp Factory's Trainwreck pack. This was one of the first profiles I bought. I'm pretty much a high gain Marshall guy (which this certainly isn't) but I could not live without these profiles. They're the best sounding profiles for single coils I've played through, the touch sensitvity is.... well just try it.

He states on his site that the amp is owned by a rather famous guitarist who he doesn't want to name, but then I've seen him mention his name on this forum before, I don't think I'm being too cryptic in saying he could well be "the" most famous Kemper user ?.

I'm sounding like an ad now, but for £4.99 I'd (almost) buy this pack for everyone reading this.

I'm that impressed by this profile that I'm now keeping my eye out for a Ceriatone Trainwreck clone, so much for Kemper curing GAS

You have to accept these reviews for what they are, these guys value their reputation but of course they're going to emphasise the benefits of a product over it's shortcomings, that's the nature of the game, no need to get offended by it, it's how they make their living.

There's still value in these reviews, even if they're never altruistic, take them for what they are

I just need to know,, first off,, did the person / any of the folks,,doing vids, and tests/ reviews,,, Pay retail... for the QC, or get it free or discounted, I need to know that up front, I feel its the most important info I need ,,,

Rabea and Pete have openly said they have collaborated with Neural to create pre-loaded patches on the QC.

Regardless, it's safe to say all the reviews you've seen so far are from gear influencers, and I'm sure the number 1 comment they want under their video is "great review, that sounded great xxxxx, I've just placed my order".

If they want to endear themselves to various brands and work their way up the gear influencer pecking order, they'll want people to be buying product based off of their reviews.

I'd say it's safe to treat every video you've seen so far as marketing to some degree

I agree, Kemper have been quite humble to allow discussion of other manufacturers products on their forum, but it's probably time to move discussion on to Neural's own forum at this point out of fairness to Kemper.

My 2 cents as a small business owner

The whole cab on/off thing you'll have worked out once you've got the unit in front of you.

If you're contemplating the rack unit, I would gently nudge you towards the powered rack. The 600w inbuilt icepower power amp is hard to beat (unless you want stereo), having an all in one unit is the best way to go if you find yourself plugging in to passive cabs, which I'm guessing you will.

Good luck!

Would you say there's a way to get the FRFR to respond similar to a power amp and cab? That's really what I'm chasing is the feel as well as the tone - I've heard a few people say that adding a sub or a monitor really helps with this to bring out the low end thump on chugs and palm mutes.

I think when you're getting it to the high gain territory, nothing is going to substitute playing through a 25~35kg plywood cab. Will your FRFR set up chug? If Ola can make a metal zone plugged in to a pignose chug then I'm sure you'll manage.

I'd suggest if you do decide on a non powered Kemper the next piece of equipment I would invest in would be a tc BAM 200 class D micro bass amp to power your 2x12 cab, that particular amp has had lots of praise on this forum.

I personally wouldn't worry about adding a sub to your monitors unless you see value in adding it for your recording set up. It's not going to get you where you want with high gain imho.

In the end you'll just have to trust your ears, but you can't do that 'til you buy a Kemper!

I think you'll discover every profile will sound like a slightly altered version of your 5153 if you go in to the effects return, I wouldn't bother with that set up.

Whichever form factor you decide on will be fun through monitors, if you decide one day you want more of a realistic "amp in the room" sound you could add a basic (or not basic) neutral power amp and play through your cab or even better get a Kabinet or Kones if the bug bites you.

FWIW I have the powered rack, the first thing I tried was going through the effects return of my Marshall, I do remember that setup being underwhelming (my speaker lead wasn't long enough to reach my Kemper at that point). Then I was switching between my HS8's or my 4x12 cab, the cab felt more realistic but made every profile sound kind of the same, HS8's allowed me to hear the differences between all the profiles but lacked the "feel". I'd say I prefered the cab for gain and hi gain, the monitors were far more pleasing for cleans and edge of breakup sounds.

Nowadays I'm playing through 4 Kones, much happiness