Posts by StrongSide

No need to use the stomp slot if you are using a recent release firmware. Go into Rig menu and set it there.

There will always be a slight latency but not one I find too noticeable within 1-2 steps.

Make sure you are not hearing the natural acoustic sound of the guitar strings over top over the transpose, as that would make things worse. So play louder or wear headphones.

Thank you. I am not on the latest firmware, so I am going to try updating, maybe it allready brings an improvement. Any remarks on using Transpose effect on clean Tone, never had any problems?

Hello my friends,

I am having some problems using the Transpose Effect. Usually I am using the effect on Stomp A on Pitch -1 or -2. The sound is fine however it feels like there are some latency issues. It feels kind of sluggish and is annoying in fast high gain riff. For clean tones it is even worse up to the point where I would say it feels unusable. Are there any hidden settings I am missing or is this just the way it is?

Thank yall for input.

Alright, so it looks like the general consensus is that I should try different monitors, so i will definitely do this in the future.

So my Kemper was delivered today and here are some short thoughts/questions.

The good: Damn, sound is convincing. Took me basically a few minutes to get some amazing clean, high gain and rock tones. Any amp sim and modeller I tried needed a lot of tweeking.

The bad: Just two quick questions after playing around for a short time. 1) I was surprised how good the trampose sounds. However anything lower than -2 has a very noticable delay. Any way to fix this? 2) My Kemper came without a printed manual. All that was in the package was power cable, some stickers 2 picks and well the Kemper (duh). There was some kind of cardboard recess in the packaging which I assume is where the manual was supposed to be. So important question: Is this regular? Because I was thinking maybe the shop sold me a already send back unit without labeling it as such, which would not be okay for me.

The ugly: I leave town tomorrow and wont be back to enjoy my new little friend until next weekend.

You're so right!!!!! I cannot understand why some guys will ruin their sound introducing shit materiel in their pro hi-fi chain . Guys... ITS A CHAIN !!! A Kemper is a high quality product and must be linked in a high quality chain. First good guitars and pickups then the Kemper than good cabs and good sound card . If you cheap on something in that chain you'll end up sounding like sh-t , Do like me I dont buy anything , I wait and put money aside and cut on some luxury like ... holiday at the beach or whatever , to be able to buy QUALITY only quality products . Then I'll be able to work as a pro and get holiday in Hawaii later on . You must think like a pro

Can you suggest me a better alternative regarding studio monitors? My budget is not too tight but I am just a hobby musician, I read good things about the g3s and I thought they would be a good starting point. I dont need anything big since I can not play that loud in my appartment.

Also: Kemper arriving tomorrow, I am hyped.

Now I don't about the "best" way to connect the Kemper to Focusrite and KRK, but the easiest it: Guitar cable into the Kemper, main out (two TR cables if you want to be stereo in your Daw) to the two TR input of the Focusrite.
    Then Focusrite RCA out to KRK.

Configure your DAW, that's all.
    You can also try the "direct monitor" = off to get no latency. But... looses stereo with this 2i2 model I think (the 2i4 seems to be able to keep it).

This was excactly what I was looking for. Definitely going to try it this way.

Also thanks yall for all the warm welcomes, reading your replies makes me so much more excited about my Kemper arriving in a few days. Looks like reading through the manual is a good source for knowledge and a nice way to kill the time until arrival.

Hello my friends,

at first I'd like to apologise since I am sure with minimum amount of research I could get my answers without opening another thread. Anyways, I was planning to buy a Kemper at some point in the next few months. This Black Friday I made a very spontanious purchase and bought a Kemper with 200 bucks off. Since I was about to get it at some point anyways, why not get it now and safe some money, assuming the price wont drop in the next 6 months. Now this thing will arrive in the next few days and there is tons of resources about it on the internet. Right now I only know the very basics so I have the following questions:

What are the sources for the in general most recommended must read/watch tutorials/guides etc to learn the fundamentals and dig a little deeper?

I have a focusrite scarlett solo 2nd gen (which only has rca output) and I will probably buy some KRK RP5 Rokit G3s (unless someone suggests those are a terrible choice). What is the best way to connect my Kemper to the scarlett into the rokits, while recording into my DAW? What is the signal chain, what cables do I need and what outputs to use on the Kemper?

Any Input is much appreciated.