Posts by xmichielx

And as a side note, never say that cables dont matter in a forum with audiophile guys, you would be asking for trouble. There are people that actually have thousands in gold-plated-oxigen-free-nickel-meshed-kevlar-coated cables (its legitimate adviced, not even a joke).

I suggested that cables do matter (instrument and speaker cables, perhaps even the DI cable?) :)

PS I don’t use mics and use the DI box.

I do have a feeling that the guitar cables and guitar being used during the profile is somehow contributing to the end result during the refinement profile.

For example if I would use a low weak output pickup, works I create the same profile with an EMG 81 pickup knowing the latter will push the preamp harder?

Hello,

i love my kemper kpa DI profiles that I’ve created with the kemper DI box but I was wondering how much of an influence the components in the complete profiling chain are: guitars, pickups, cables (instruments and speakers) ?

I have the feeling that I get better profiles when using better quality components such as a good les Paul with BKP pickups instead of a thinner Ibanez with BKP pickups.

Even when I’m using the Ibanez with the profile created with the Gibson.

Do others also experience this? I guess that the quality of profile is then determined by the quality of the products used in the profiling chain.

Not I play tight death/thrash metal such as hatesphere, decapitated, carcass, etc.

I also experienced that some amps profile “better” than others, for example Engl amps don’t profile very well but Peavey’s/Mesa’s do.

love to hear what others experience :)

Michiel

Thanks all for the input!
    i've tested it with my VHT Sig X and OD pedal in front of the amp but I got multiple times the message that I used to much gain/distortion so I had to cut back a lot of gain and drive from the OD pedal.
    The end result is pretty OK but not sure if I like just the amp profile with my physical OD pedal in front more then the amp + OD pedal profiled.

As Dimi84 mentioned, I also think that every amp profiles different. I have some amps that really sound close to the original in the way how I like it (PRS MT 15 + Framus Cobra), but some sound very digital and really off (ENGL Ritchie Blackmore 100 for example)

Hi!

I am striving in a K.I.S.S. setup and still use a noisegate (Fortin Zuul mini), tuner (Polytune mini 2) and my own custom OD pedal that I created.
    It gives me the perfect setup in regards of tone and noise cancelling/gating.

Question #1:

I know the Kemper KPA has a pretty good tuner in place but am not sure if the noisegate(s) are as good as the Fortin Zuul gate?
    I play mainly death metal and use high gain heads that I profiled with my Kemper DI box (VHT Sig X, Framus Cobra, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier).

Question #2:

I use the amp's profile and use my OD pedal in front of the kemper but I would like to profile the amp with the OD pedal in front of it so I don't have to boost it anymore.
    Is this possible? And if so, where do I put the pedal in the chain? I use a guitar cable from the Kemper Out to the input jack of the amp, should I put the OD pedal in front of the amp (the Kemper sends the guitar signal towards the input of the amp in the DI profile setup if I'm not mistaken) ?

I like my OD pedal better then the green screamer OD kind of pedals in the Kemper hence I want to profile it together with the amp if possible (if I get a reliable profile).

I was looking for a picture of a video that shows how to do this but could not find it.

Thanks for any tips and pointers!

Michiel

You load a Rig as a reference before you enter Profiler Mode. Use Rigs with similar levels. Then set the Return Level in the menu for the Reference Amp to match the level of the reference Rig (Kemper Amp).

This does not work when using the KPA, I think this works only on the normal non powered Kemper.
    Since you can not hear a difference between the reference amp and the kemper profile while/before profiling (perhaps if you hook up a headphone set you can but not with a 2x12 cab).
    I might be mistaken though..

Hi!

I am using the Kemper KPA with the Kemper DI box to profile my amps (Mesa Boogie Dual Rec, PRS MT 15, Engl Ritchie Blackmore 100 and a Framus Cobra).
    I've noticed some diffrences in volume in the profiles that I've created and that you can set the initial volume before profiling in the profile menu.

I am wondering how I can raise the volume of my profiles as now I have a profile of my PRS MT 15 which is seemingly louder then my Framus Cobra and the Cobra sounded way louder in the room/my attic during the profiling phase than the PRS MT 15.

Does it help to raise the volume of the amp? (next to the fact the powertubes get a bit more sag and warmth) and/or does it help to raise the input volume before starting the profiling?
    I understood that it made not a lot of difference somewhere in the manual but if it does not make a lot of difference why create such an option in the end? ;)

So my main question is: how can I raise the intended volume of the profile during profiling and not afterwards with the master and rig volumes?

Thanks for any help.

PS. I play my KPA through a Harley Benton V30 2x12 which works fine but I also have a Matrix FT10p but somehow I am a bit affraid to try the FRFR route as I'm affraid I'll miss punch and volume which the Harley Benton V30 has plenty.