Posts by Ruefus

Ruefus you can just plug a USB keyboard into the USB port on the back of the KPA and type in profile names and tags on the KPA itself instead of scrolling through the alphabet one letter at a time. It’s a massive help when making a load of profiles.

Did not know that. Interesting.

My thoughts are that if the keyboard could replicate turns of the pots on the front of the Profiler then it might save a bit of wear on the hardware. Obviously that would leave a limitation in terms of how far one could be from the amp as you would need to be able to see the display to know what you're editing. Maybe deeper editing control wouldn't really be necessary but 'on the fly' stuff for use during a performance could be helpful.

I have a keyboard with a wireless dongle which I use to edit the names on the Profiler. The dongle stays in the back.

The idea that you'll wear these pots out is a misnomer. There is effectively zero wear on them. I'm out of my element saying this, but I'd guess they're contactless encoders and not 'pots' in the sense guitarists tend to use.

How are you getting the KPA to recognize the keyboard? Never heard of that.

I really think you're WAY overthinking this one. I've never once looked at the impedance for a set of headphones. Never even thought about it.

Personally, I'm quite pleased with my set of Sony MDR-7506.

Also - plugging direct into the KPA will sound different from plugging into your interface. My suggestion is to pick one and stick with it. I plug my headphones into my interface and virtually never into the KPA.

I've got one of the official Kemper bags for the toaster. It's a nice bag, but the knock on it for me is that it isn’t designed to hold the Remote. With the official Kemper bag you *can* get the Remote in, but it's a very tight fit and not something I was ever pleased with.

Late last year, Gator Cases announced their Kemper-specific Transit Series bag. While cruising Reverb.com last week I not only found one in the States (even before COVID-19 this was somewhat rare), it was on sale.

So, sure…..let’s spend money on something to transport gear to gigs I don’t currently have.

Anyway….

The bag arrived yesterday and I must stay I’m quite pleased. It follows the same basic design as the official Kemper bag, but with a few key improvements. Compared to the Kemper bag the Gator is:

• Nearly identical in height
    • Internal width and depth have been increased to accommodate the Remote behind the Toaster. A removable divider is included to keep them separate.
    • The end pockets are of similar size on both bags.
    • The Gator front pocket is marginally larger in width.

To me, the Kemper bag feels well-built, but the Gator feels even more so with greater attention to detail. It’s not a huge difference, but you do notice. The color is a nice gray heather with, when compared to Gator’s usual markings, rather stylish badging. I like it a lot.

Overall I’m very happy. It is exactly what I wanted. In my opinion this is what the Kemper bag should have been morphed (pun intended) into once the Remote became available.

I don’t know what 2 is but at -15 to -20 dB or so it’s loud sure, but it’s not tight or deep enough for high gain fast thrash, metal, chugging, etc type playing.

That's a different problem. "not loud enough" is not the same as "doesn't sound good", which is what it seems you're saying.

Yes but that is pitch based. The ability to do this based on the bottom 3 strings would require the KPA to be able to know whether a note C for example was plated on the 3rd fret 5th string or 8th fret 6th string. I am not aware of any that can do that without a hex pickup.

It's the same pitch, so what difference would the string it's played on matter? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't.

"If the pitch played is F#3 or below.....add a lower octave." The string generating the pitch is irrelevant.

All going to depend on your situation. Not buying something you don't really need right now makes some sense. Things are uncertain, but the outlook isn't bleak. But it is difficult.

Everyone needs to slow down, take breath and make the best decisions we can. Panic serves no one.

Per CK himself:

“The Kone is a modification of the K12H-200, where we have redesigned the inner wizzer cone down to a smaller size, to achieve a different dispersion pattern for the high frequencies.

The Kone / Kabinet and the adjaced digital part in the Profiler perfectly match. You cannot run another speaker (including the K12H-200) with it, as it would result in a reasonably different frequency responce.”