Posts by anodyne

I look forward to the editor. While some might feel it unnecessary, please allow for other opinions and workflows. Yes, it takes resources ... resources that could (should?) have been deployed over years, not months. It just seems like some customers want to "police" the opinion/desire of others ... Kemper can/will jump in if needed. I guess it's just like driving to work ... people in the left (fast) lane that have a line of folks behind them and feel it's their responsibility/right to control the flow of traffic (rather than the police).

I've seen this w/ both betas on my powered toaster. I gave things a full reset w/ the latest beta, loading back in ~500 rigs. Still have the issue, but perhaps a bit less w/ 2nd beta. I always have a remote connected (and remote will go black for a bit), so unsure if I would see this issue w/ out remote. Eventually results in full lock where I have to power cycle toaster. Not too anxious for a production release of 7.x at this point ... didn't experience this w/ 6.x at all. Rig Manager has never been connected when I experience this issue.

Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what the problem could be. It's even stranger to me, that your remote has any effect on the loading speed. I also have the remote connected at all times.

JSB After disconnecting remote and testing w/ good success ... I shut things down again, reconnected remote (cold) and booted back up. I can NOT reproduce issue that hit me w/ BOTH betas. Perhaps it needed to boot up once (?) w/ out remote connected to get everything in sync and now everything will be perfect? I kid, I know this is a beta.

anodyne, I just tried loading rigs from RM, and also selecting from the Browse knob, I'm not experiencing the slow rig loading. I even tried disabling Autoload, the load times are snappy over here. I have 875 rigs in my Profiler, for whatever that's worth.

JSB Thanks for your confirmation that you are not having issue. I've had it w/ both beta releases on my toaster w/ remote. I only have ~500 rigs on toaster w/ my second attempt at running beta. I'm moving back to OS 6 until final release as the loading time (for me) isn't workable right now. Thanks again.

edit: I can disconnect the remote and things are fine/speedy ... remote adds significant delay/hangs to loading of rigs FWIW.

Latest beta a bit better. Inverted colors fixed as listed in notes and I haven't had full system lockup. That said, EXTREMELY slow to switch between rigs ... I have autoload off and select given rig (using dial) to load. Strange for need to remote to go dark for long period of time (30 seconds or so?) while loading rig. Navigation cross (and remote) seem pretty lacking for the purpose of switching rigs as autoload can't be disabled for these modes (?) and the loading times are painful. Just a beta and if I go back to 6 everything speedy again. Maybe I'm missing something w/ the rig loading and other folks aren't experiencing this? Thanks.

I submitted a ticket. I tried rolling it back and it wont eve do that.

FWIW, I loaded the previous OS 6.0.0.14574 (kaos.bin) on USB stick and it detected (downgrade) and went back w/ out issue. I have another folder w/ older Rig Manager and can detect profiler running 6.x. This is on macOS, but I would expect the rollback would be the same. Hopefully support can get you sorted quickly.

I posted about it in the 7 beta thread. It didn't happen directly as part of upgrade, but I had some hangs/issues and did a reset which inverted the colors. I couldn't find a way to reverse, but decided to go back to OS 6 for a beta release cycle or two. Going back to OS 6 brought back the old "default" ...

I had a similar experience w/ the 7 beta. I did have a rig identified as corrupt, but I went through the recommended motions w/ (boot w/ rig button pressed). I ultimately went back to OS 6 as the hangs/crashes persisted/were too frequent. Hopefully the OS shipped w/ Stage is a bit more stable ... or I had some cruft that just couldn't be purged and was triggering something.

Even after rolling back to OS 6, I still had the same rig identified as corrupt (Samson from rig pack I purchased elsewhere). I ended up doing full initialization to get rid of offending rig. I think I'll still w/ 6 for a bit/until another 7 beta. Congrats on Stomp and good luck w/ Toaster crashes.

Installing OS7 for me hung at the end with the message Importing Midi Tables. However after a power cycle it boots fine. However Rig Manager then indicated to me that I had corrupt rigs and should reboot holding the rig button. After doing this all UI has become inverted so what should be black is now white and vice versa.

Rolling back to OS6 resolves the inverted UI but then installing the beta OS7 again inverts the UI.

I had much the same experience (no issue w/ Midi Tables, but did have issue w/ corrupt rigs), w/ the exception of the general upgrade from 6 > 7 did NOT invert colors. However, I had a couple hard crashes while cycling through rigs that I hadn't experienced w/ 6.x and did a reset (hold System button ~45 seconds while booting). That process did invert the colors ... not sure I dislike the change, but see no clear way to reverse this particular change?

That sucks ... sorry to hear it! Your solution might be to reload the firmware. Unfortunately the 7.0 beta available/posted is only for toaster and rack. I'd open a support ticket to see if they can get you the firmware ... or just RMA unit they feel beyond home troubleshooting (given error code).

Locked up the Profiler hard using the RIG navigation cross ... lights out on remote w/ Profiler locked up. Turned the dial to off and nasty pops through the amp. Powered back up and good to go. Beta life. 8o

Updated RM and Profiler from macOS 10.14.6 (MBP 2017). My profiler is pretty much at capacity w/ almost 1000 profiles (yeah, I know). At any rate, the updates generally went OK, but received "Some items in PROFILER are damaged ...." message when connecting to RM 2.3.1/Profiler 7.x. Did the recommended Profiler off > wait 10 seconds > BROWSER/RIG hold for at least 30 seconds deal. I did set to PERFORM as mentioned earlier in thread, but got the same message. Unplugged/plugged back in set to BROWSER and sync completed w/ out issue (it appears). No issues connecting my Mac/RM to Profiler other than USB-C > USB adapter can be a bit sketchy in general (prior to updating).

Thanks Monkey_Man

It's a very cool release, but I grabbed a powered head and remote in the last 6 months so I'm good to go. Tempting to get the OS update a bit earlier though LOL. Congrats to Kemper and all the folks waiting for this!