Posts by paddyc

I tried the freeby version of Tonex. Of the 20 amps, only found 1 amp I think I'd use, then dialled in a better equivalent on my Kemper in about 1 minute.

QC was hailed as a game changer, look what happened there.

Tonex is the new "game changer". It beats pedals like the iridium I would think, but it's limitations mean it's nowhere near a game changer for pro use imo.

6 months time a new "game changer" will be out

Kemper will keep doing it's thing.

Thanks for the well thought out post. As with the QC, will be interesting to see how it pans out once the hype train slows.

The pedal is here - may be useful for people that wanted a pedal board sized unit. Cheap price means you can keep the Kemper too :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One other thought - is there another Kemper owner in your location you could perhaps get in touch with on social media? Might be a quick way to see if it is your unit at fault, if so find a workaround.

Best of luck either way

bit old fashioned here - but as Hoki Toki mentioned above our drummer would tap us in with the sticks.

ps I :D at giving the drummer a cheap metronome - careful they don't respond with a cheap tuner :)

But the compressed sound annoys the living s%$t out of me. So now I am writing a VST to compensate for the loss of dynamics. I need to uncompress the Kemper input compression. There are dynamic EQs out there but I have not tried them yet. I like to roll my own whenever possible.

Compression is definitely something that some people are more sensitive to than others. Over the last 20 -30 years all music has been compressed to hell so maybe some are more tolerant of it. Interested in whether a dynamic eq would work?

Or maybe an expander - have a hardware one,, but I'm sure there must be plugin version?

I suppose anything is only worth what it will sell for, but in years to come will Kurt's pedal be worth more than Jimmy's, or was his guitar worth more than Dave's? Interesting how this all comes about.

I know a guy who won a Gibson played and signed by Gary Moore. He's a non guitarist. I need to ply him with beer I think ^^