Posts by HeavyJ

Hey guys! I thought you might be interested in what happened:

I tried out the Crank'n'go pack via our PA system and made sure it was on gig level. I have to say that this pack sounded a lot better/clearer then what I was used to from my previous experiences with M.Britt profiles. I tried out a couple of other of his profiles and they all did not sound as good as the Crank'n'go pack. This beeing said, I liked my other profiles (a lot) more. It would be ok for me to play with a M.Britt profile at a gig, I guess, but the reampzone profiles I own sounded better to my ears. Now I know that M.Britt is simply not the best for me. Thank you for all your answers and help!

Wow... This has been one of the best forum answers I have ever gotten. Usually nobody takes to time to write such long answers... Thanks man!

Basically you said what I thought the whole time. We rehearse with headphones to hear us. We have a small rehearsal space and when you turn up all the instruments everything gets lost in a muddy sounds. This way we can very clearly hear what everyone is doing and the biggest advantage is that everyone has his own mix.

I tried playing over the PA to know what my guitar would sound the the audience but without the second guitar it was kind of pointless

Anyways: I bought the Crank'n'go pack and give M Britt a last chance. I will try to execute everything you guys said on here and if it doesn't work I will know that those profiles are simply not for me :)

We rehearse with two kempers and one bass going straight into the mixer and the drumset beeing miced up with a couple of AKG Drum mics. We then all listen to eachother over Superlux HD-662 headphones. We don't use speakers other than that. Basically you would only hear drums from outside. I used the same headphones at home but listened to the kemper through the headphone output. Over the mixer or at least in the mix it sounded different somehow. Maybe because of reference to the bass and drums. The kemper volume is higher at rehersals, the headphones just a little but not much

Thanks everyone for your great answers! This was a very helpful and interesting post!
    I am not really a Metal guy but a Modern Rock / Hard Rock / Progressive Rock Guy. This being said I am still looking for a high-gainish amp profile.

I totally felt the same way when I got the Kemper. I was kind of shocked of how it sounded until I tried other profiles then M Britt. The reason why I bought the Kemper in the first place was that our second guitarist in the band plays a baritone guitar and a Kemper and essentially blew me away with my little Orange Thunder 30 Combo (and my SG). So I bought a Kemper too hoping I could keep up with him. I read and listened to so much stuff about the KPA that I figured it HAS to be great but it wasn't really to my ears. So I figured that the problem lies obviously with me. Since (almost) everyone loved the M.Britt profiles I thought that I may have set something incorrectly or something. And for a couple of weeks I am trying different profiles and different sounds hoping to find something that I like...

I really liked the reampzone profiles for the JVM410 and the Friedman BE100 at home via my headphones but when I brought them to band practice they sounded a little thin. To say it with my bassits words: I really like the sound but it misses "fattnes" (losely translated from german). Esentially it was missing heavy bottom frequencies to him. Now I don't know if this is just the way it is or if I set something incorrectly or the profile is not working well...

Since I hardly can't tell anymore we recorded I quick demo with the Friedman BE100 profile. Maybe you could give me feedback: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lyz…tg3z9/200702-005.mp3?dl=0

This was recorded straight from the mixer using one of the AUX sends into a Zoom H4n. Our second guitarist was not there that day

Hey! I tried out some profile at band practice and was kind of shocked how different everything sounded. I did not have manny M Britt profiles to test but tried out the Victory V50 and was very disappointed. I still can not shake the feeling that it may sound great with the right profiles though and still want to give it a shot. I had a look at the Crank'n'go Pack but I am hesitant since I do not want to blow any more money... Does anyone have the pack and can recommend it?

That suggests to me that it is very much about taste rather than quality. I love the MBritt packs. I like some of the stop Jimi stuff but not all. However, I don’t get on with any of the Reampzone stuff I have tried. Not criticising them but they just aren’t for me. There is nothing we if MBritt etc don’t float your boat

Yeah, but what if set something incorrectly on the Kemper. I always found that the MBritt profiles sound very dull or muffeled.
    I uploaded a testvideo to show you what I mean:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello!

I have the exact same problem! Except for the AC30 sounds, the M Britt packs are completely useless to me. Same goes for TopJimi. The only profiles I liked were from Reampzone. Since everyone was raving around how great M Britt profiles are I really started to doubt myself.

I read a lot comments on here but I am as clueless as I was before. The only thing I realized is that in order to get a perfect profile you would have to have the exact same setup as the person who created the profile which IMHO is absolutely rediculous. Or am I missing something here?