Posts by jfischer518

For those of you that missed this.

HW said on the podcast that the Sooze is a beta tester for Kemper and that Rig Manager 3 has already a private beta being tested.

See now that is the kind of update we should have gotten from Kemper not a chance mention in a podcast. That would have been a simple update to prevent a lot of the back and forth in this thread. Not that it would have made much of a difference in the grand scheme of things but communication would have been nice to get from the source.

At this point I could care less about need -vs- want. It does not matter what other companies offer either. What matters is that the editor was announced almost a year ago and need it or not it will simplify workflow if you decide to use it. For those of us like myself that are using the new stage unit it is going to be a huge convenience. I personally have mine mounted on a 34" long pedal board and not likely to ever get that up on my desk to work on. If I had a toaster I would not care as much about an editor but I have a stage unit.

Many people like myself have come from other platforms, I used to be a Helix user and you dont really need an editor for that either but I dont like sitting on the ground to adjust things. Endless hours of sitting on the ground to tweak things is a huge reason why I am now a Kemper user. I dont spend nearly as much time on the ground as I did with the Helix but it would be nice to do things like setup effects without having to be on the ground.

I am sure that if Kemper could do it all over again Kemper would not have announced the editor at Namm 2019. It would have prevented all of these release date posts. Kemper should have just waited until it was done and released it without any notice.

I agree but they did and here we are. If it's not ready yet but there is a working version they should reach out to some of their more long standing users and give them a beta version. A move like that would allow these beta testers to provide a great test for their QA and provide the users in forums like this to have progress updates.

After reading all this if I were Kemper I would sell the editor... I would certainly not give it for free to such ungratefull customers.

Now I hope they are more patient than I am...

I would hope they would not do something like that. I personally would not pay.

So....why did you choose a separate power supply and cab, vs. an FRFR with a built-in power supply? Curious as to the decision-making process.

Thx!

Todd in Chicago

I went this route because I wanted to have the sound and feel of a real cab instead of a simulated one. To do this you need a power amp and one that is as clean as possible. Now the reason I went with Orange pedal baby is a few reasons, first of the class AB instead of class D, second is that it is a pretty clean amp the reproduces modeler patches or profiles very well, the last reason being the cost at only $399 USD.

Taking a wild guess here, he already had the cab because he's a guitar player?

Actually, when I decided to go this route I no longer had a standard cab any longer. At the time I was using a Helix to a Line 6 power cab + to FOH (at least when front of house was there). It was actually one of my adjustments to make the Helix have a more amp in the room feel. Now that I have switched over to the Kemper stage I like the set up even more. I do have a Headrush 108 as well but that is just for small and compact setup need, like for a practice.

somehow I ended up as a sales engineer, which pays about double what I made in support but adds travel. It also allows me to be able to afford nice toys :)

I would enjoy being a sales engineer for my company. The pay increase, bonuses and travel do make it a very appealing position but I am no longer in the office that does the sales.

It could perhaps be powered from a high current output on a power brick.

This is what I would love to do. There are a few power bricks on the market that have an AC 120 plug on them, I just have to figure out how to pass the power cord through a Temple Audio board without cutting up my board.

Fair enough. OTOH Im running everything on my 2013 32GB i7 iMac that I want to. That and the fact that just about "any-one" can build their own PC these days. Cant say that about an iMac. I ran a nice & fast home-brew PC for years using Cakewalk Sonar as my main DAW, and used it "only" for music, no games or other junk and very little Internet access (only for updating the Music stuff). I got tired of the Windows OS constantly writing over its own registry issues. Painful-I wont "ever" run a DAW on a Windoze OS again unless its my only choice. Thanks for the answers and AS Always, YMMV and thats ok. ^^

To be honest if Linux had the compatibility of Windows, without an emulator, I would never run Windows again. I work in Linux all day long at my job and like that environment and how granular I can get with it.

so they control their software, which helps their bottom line AND saves people from getting hacked. Unlike windows.

well done Apple. Most of the people I’ve seen who hate on them either want to tinker and can’t, or don’t have certs which can easily be taken. And yeah I’ve got a bunch of IT certs also so I get the work that goes into studying for them, but if you want to play you’ve got to have skin in the game.

You will not convince me to like Apple just like I made no attempt to make other dislike them. I did not even state my reasons for disliking them until I was asked. I have been in the IT field since 1992 and have many certs and degrees, A+, Net + , CCNA, ITIL, AAS in Networking and Systems, BS in Information technologies which all started with a cert in computer repair in 1992. I am also current the most senior support tech at my company. I have skin in the game, decades of it.

BTW- why the hate on Apple?

There are a few reasons, first off I don't like that you can buy their product and be told what software I can use simply because they have not had the chance to review it. I used own a computer store as well and even though I had all of the IT credentials to work on PC, I could not even look inside someone mac without voiding their warranty. The company I currently work for has a contract with them to allow us to backup their OS for restoration purposes and they will not even give us access to enough code to do it correctly. Couple those issues with their declining quality since the passing of Jobs and you have a product and company that I choose not to give any of my money to.