Posts by jfischer518

controlling other units regardless of manufacturer is what MIDI was created for.

Hmm, that actually is an interface that Kemper could make use of. They would be able to create a MIDI based interface to give people the WIFI or Bluetooth options some people have mentioned here and would be a sales opportunity for some. I think it would be super low on their priority list. Dont mind me, just thinking and typing at the same time.

I came to the Kemper stage over from the Helix. Don't get me wrong the Helix is great unit but only if you enjoy endless tweaking. I spent 3 years with mine and even found the need to tweak the paid profiles. I even went as far as to buy a power amp and a cab to run the Helix through just to get a good tone with a little less tweaking, the positive on that is that I love the Kemper through that too.

I also had a similar experience in the Helix forums, no one wants to hear that the Helix has faults and even if they do admit that there is always an excuse to justify it like "you'll never notice in a mix" or "You didn't set it up correctly" or just simply whining an bickering. I left that group but on the other hand I also left the Kemper group on Face Book too since the most common responses to everything is "Read the manual" or "You don't need an editor"

I started playing in 3rd grade. My school offered music lessons and I brought the letter home from school. My mother asked what I wanted to play and I of course said guitar. I had to take a different instrument since guitar was not offered so I chose violin. After 3 years of violin my mother told me if I really was serious about guitar that I needed to prove that I was really interested in it. She handed me a warped acoustic and told me if I could prove I was serious on that she would get me guitar lessons. After a year of playing that POS thing everyday, Christmas morning that year I was greeted with a 1984 Ovation GS2F solid body electric guitar and still have it to this day. I was also give private lessons 30 minutes every week. That teacher would become the first of what is now 5 teachers. Things have also changed dramatically from the way I learned in the 80's until now as well. Back then it was by ear or buy sheet music. Now its just google it and you have tabs, videos, theory breakdowns and everything. With what tech has done for modern music between the gear, how you learn and even how you are heard, it is a great time to be a guitar player.

Instead of a DC input I think it would be far simpler for Kemper to come up with a power cord that can be routed through a pedal board. I know that would be something that many of us stage users would go for. I have mine mounted on a temple audio board and I for one would love a way to route my power cord through the board without cutting up my board or cutting and rewiring the power cord.

Like this ?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/TONE-CAPTURE-GTR-227.html

Orange Pedal Baby, or Seymour Duncan Power Stage is my recommendation for something like this. I'm actually using my Boss Katana 100 head for a power amp into my 4x12 cab and running my monitor out of my Kemper with the cab turned off. Sounds great, plus if anything happens I have the Boss Katana on hand for a backup.

OPB is the route I went and I love the thing. If you are looking to just get the tones of the amps in the Kemper you can go wrong with either of these. The Seymour Duncan also has a 700 watt version too if you want to go crazy.

Yes, agreed. If it’s racked far away, that is a pain. Same with bending over to edit the Stage. Like I said in another post a while back, it’s still infinitely better than programming an old school Bradshaw system from back in the day.
    The thing is, it will be released. I just don’t understand why the same handful of people fill two new pages everyday with the same complaints. I just don’t see the point. It won’t speed things up. The editor will land when it lands.

For me I have the Stage unit and it sits on the other side of the room for me. While I don't spend much time tweaking with the Kemper. it would simplify things when I need to create a new performance. My desk chair is far more comfortable then the floor.

From page 294

Thats all I could find

"

Unexpected events

In case any inputs or outputs don’t operate as you would expect, or you experience any other unpredicted behavior, the soft button “Init Globals” in System Settings will reset most global parameters in System Settings and Output Section as well as returning all locks to their default state. This way, you are always able to recover a defined state of settings. Your stored Rigs, presets, Performances, and Slots won’t be impacted by this reset. You could also restore your latest backup, which will recover your complete global settings as well as entire content. We strongly recommend that you create PROFILER backups whenever you have performed any major parameter adjustments, or created new content, and that you keep your USB memory stick handy. Given the size of customary USB stick you could easily keep hundreds of PROFILER backup archives available. Another best practice is to store the operating system file “kaos.bin” in the root directory of your USB stick. This way, not only can you effectively upgrade your PROFILER, but also keep some additional recovery options.

"