Posts by Guitar guy

I hate to burst your bubble or hope to file a claim, but typical home warranty insurance paid by the seller when buying the house covers any unforeseen occurrences specific to items (i.e. appliances, A/C, furnace, dishwasher, etc.) which came with the house. These cover either the item to be replaced or the labor to repair it with a deductible of course. Most of the time the company tries to get out of the cheap by "repairing" the item, so even here you got to watch and sometimes challenge their decision. I seriously doubt they are going to buy you a new Kemper or even fix your Kemper. On the other hand if you in fact had a surge protector or power conditioner in line with the appliance (the Kemper in this case), sometimes the better units carry a warranty with them that if they don't protect the item they'll replace it. People generally buy these high end power conditioners with line filtering and surge protection when they are trying to protect a very expensive home entertainment systems against power spikes, lightning, and etc. You'd have to look into if in fact the unit/manufacturer carries this type of protection and I'm not talking about a those cheap power strips.

Nice job and great work to the Kemper team on the Legends pack! Definitely enjoyed trying and playing thru these profiles. Looking forward to future Legends packs!

He mentions a Friedman head "Brown hole" profile he uses (@ 8:00) in the video and also mentions profiles on RE, but I think he really means browneye (BE). You might start there.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Go the RE and type in "Friedman Brown"

I suspect his delay/reverb settings or even the amps he is using are not the secret sauce in creating his signature sound .. his soaring and singing lead tones. Although any good reverb and delay will bring fullness and depth to the tone, the secret sauce to his sound are those two mini toggle switches behind the bridge. There lies a sophisticated sustainer circuit. He explains and demonstrates it in this video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The guitar he is using, a Les Paul Custom is heavily modified and looks similar (same switches and circuit) to be the one in the poster's original video and question.

I had 543 profiles on the Kemper, seems like I collected way too many and didn't use most of them. Did a heavy "spring cleaning" and narrowed the herd down to 38. Here is a sample of those which I believe are exceptional and well done for what they are and seek to accomplish. These are are my current go to profiles:

Wizard MC1 by Grasley Studio: Rhythm and lead, nice sounding, for that AC/DC vib and sound to the max!

Marshall Super Bass by MSuijs: Nice collection from clean to screaming mean distortion of a classic.

Eruption SGS by Mekmorakoth: Nicely done EVH sound.

Friedman-BE-SS by Britt: One of the better Friedman's I was able to find.

Henning_cherry_ bomb_ROD_maxS: Nice high gain distortion.

Since playing thru these for awhile now, I noticed the following. When playing thru profiles Green A & Green B settings SP1 thru SP4, I don't notice any apparent changes to the gain and/or EQ LEDs on the front panel of the toaster and they all seem to sound the same. While all the other profiles have obvious changes in their settings and do sound different. Anybody else notice this? What am I missing here?

Well that sucks!

Here is another reference I found which appears to be quite comprehensive. It talks about some of the previous procedures in that first link that I found for you. But it also shows this procedure which is a factory reset. See and review the "Emergency Procedures" and "Profiler does not start anymore" sections.

http://foobazaar.com/wikpa/index.php?title=Emergency!

I'm afraid from what you are saying my guess is your system firmware or boot maybe very well be corrupted. It looks like the factory reset / flash memory is a last resort. But I believe if you do this you will loose all your rigs. So this is well past my "pay grade" or experience therefore I'm not advocating you do this. Proceed at your own risk or wait for Kemper to respond if you don't feel comfortable tackling this!

Maybe some of the more seasoned experts on this forum will join in to provide some further guidance on this.

My problem (a corrupted rig file) while it was frustrating and time consuming is nothing compared to this situation.

Again just trying to help. Good luck!

P.S. If that link is not loading the page. Hover over the link "search for this page title" and click. Then click on the first link you see titled "Emergency!"