Posts by brooklynblues

Also, do I need an active or passive pedal? Do i need to run my guitar through the volume pedal into the Kemper? Or just into the back of the Kemper like the Mission? Thanks

I had the same problem with mine. I was literally ready to chuck it in the bin until I found out about pedal type in the system menu.

Although the manual says pedal type 1 is the right choice for most expression pedals (and as the EP1-KP is marketed as being designed for the KPA you would expect it to conform to this standard) the taper on mine was completely unusable when set to type 1. I changed to type 2 and it now works as intended. It is still not a great pedal for swells due to the limited travel but at least the travel is now fairly linear.

Using the EP1-KP as the only expression pedal is a trade off. The limited travel is what makes it such a fantastic Wah controller but is also what makes it sub optimal for everything else. If you can live with that all well and good. If like me you need a more controllable expression pedal then use the EP1 fo Wah only and use almost an other expression pedal for everything else.

Thank you!! I might do just that, get a second volume pedal. Do you recommend one that is good for swells? Have you heard of the Tapestry Audio Bloomery Volume Pedal?

Thanks

I just purchased a Kemper last week and still learning the basics. I am finding that the Mission EP1-KP doesn't do so well for swells. The sound does not gradually increase but seems to go from 0 - 50. If that makes sense. Is there something I can do to make the sound taper off and on?

I just bought a Kemper Profiler. I am trying to set up a volume pedal and it just does not work. (See video)

I pressed System and go to Pedal 1.

MODE is set at Pedal Type 1. FUNCTION is Volume Pedal.

Then I press Rig and to to Volume Pedal Setting

RANGE: 1.5

Nothing happens at all when I press down on the pedal. Can't get it to work.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.