Posts by jippitygem25

So there's no way to just click the tap tempo on/off? And I guess my point is how do i pre-set the delay to that tempo?

Thanks for all your help so far. Really digging the unit and thought I'd ask for some help on some new issues.

The tap tempo. I've never really used a tap tempo before. I have two songs now I need a dotted 1/8 note for. One song is 120 bpm and the other song is 128 bpm. Finding the bpm while holding the button down on the red screen is really tough. Is there another way to set the bpm to the song? Also, how exactly does the tap tempo switch work? It seems kind of inconsistent in the way it works. Is there a way to hit the button once and the 1/8 dotted tempo kicks in, and then hit the button again and then just go back to a normal delay? Any information on how to use this button will be great. I've watched a couple videos and read some threads but am still confused.

Secondly, what is the best tried and true method for making sure all your rigs/performances are of the same volume? Besides master volume, clean sens, and Dist sens, what other volume settings are you manipulating?

Thanks again!

For the aux input, do I need a special cable that plugs into two places on the Kemper? I am just using an aux cord with a 1/4" attachment going into the Return on the kemper and it is working, but is this technically the wrong way?

If you assign two to a button then you can either switch them both on/off in sync or you can switch between them, i.e. they never are on together. For that you just need to switch one on at the Kemper directly and save the rig/slot. When you hit the button both will change the state then.

Re your pedal. I don't think its broken. Did you calibrate it appropriately?

I think the problem is for the expression pedal, I've been using a standard instrument cable instead of a TRS cable. Is it absolutely necessary to have a TRS cable for the input?

For the wah pedal, I plug a quarter inch cable to Input 1 on the pedal and then connect it to the pedal 1 slot on the Kemper Stage. Then I select a wah effect into a stomp and assign pedal 1 as Wah Mode. Is this wrong? Because the pedal isn't doing anything. Could it be broken?

Your advice about assigning effects worked! Next question. If you have more than one effect assigned to a button, can you use those effects independently? Or do they all have to be turned on/off at the same time? I think you mentioned I can do this, but how?

Also, can I connect my phone/spotify to my kemper so I can jam and be able to solo over those tracks without any weird sound interference?

Okay everyone, got my Kemper Stage last week and been playing around with it trying to get my ducks in a row for a gig first week of January. My first question is, I have a few songs that need to change tunings; some songs need to go to E flat, and one song needs to up a whole step. Do you suggest I make separate profiles with the pitch shifter already set or is there a way to shift pitch on the fly in performance mode?

Second is the Mission Engineering Expression pedal. I have watched videos and and read around, but my amateur brain still can't get it. I want to use the pedal for Wah, expression and Morphing. Does it need to have wires connected to both inputs or just one of them? I tried both inputs and the 1/2/3/4 inputs on the stage, and assigned a Wah to my first pedal slot, but still no luck.

Thirdly... I am a little confused on how assign multiple effects to one switch. Like how can button ii have both phaser and a boost? In performance mode, can you just set up those pedal buttons like a separate pedal board or do you have to go in and make it the same for each performance profile?

Finally, where do I have to move the looper to so that I can play a clean rhythm and then jump into a distorted tone without effecting the clean rhythm? And can I connect my Iphone/spotify to the Kemper to play songs and jam along to without the sounds interfering with each other? I am not sure how to do that and I thought I could with my FRFR monitor.

Thanks so much for your time. Just got it a week ago and have been trying to research and watch vids, but I am still confused. Any help is greatly appreciated!