Posts by josip js

If they are using stages (as can be seen on the floor in the photos) how are they powering the cabs??

That's what I noticed. Says that there may be a powered one in the future which implies this is passive...

Hi josip js , welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper.

You can consider the Headrush 108 as well, with FRFR you don't need necessarily 12" speakers to get great guitar sound. Depends a bit on how your stage volume is. In general please consider that there is habit for sure - and you can stay with it if you want. Enough powered cabs out there. Nevertheless if you are willing to try something new then FRFR monitors can be a great thing as you can place some of the mentioned ones here right in front of you instead of behind you like traditional cabs. Once you are used to it you might like it quite much. I do :thumbup::)

Thanks for the reply and welcome. :)

The thing is, I still have to get used to playing without amps. I also need to get used to the monitor in front of me, though I can always put it behind me as well. As far as stage volume is concerned, let's just say it's quite loud because the drummer plays heavy style. ^^I still think I would be happy with any of the monitors listed.

We use EV ZLX 12 for rehearsals and as wedges and they are great sound-wise! However they are very heavy and loading them to a car is a very unpleasant experience - definitely dolly or small cart is recommended to carry them. You might consider QSC CP8 - same peak power but lighter.

The QSC CP8 is excellent, lightweight and has excellent power. but it is also more expensive than EV.

I had that exact unit as a monitor when I first bought my Helix years ago. I did get rid of that when the Power cab+ came out. It is a great bang for the buck option and does sound good. I would go with the EV over the Headrush 112 for sure. I currently only have the Headrush 108 and it has way too much low end but I play mainly through a power amp and cab. I am also currently trying to sell a guitar to upgrade my FRFR.

I had that exact unit as a monitor when I first bought my Helix years ago. I did get rid of that when the Power cab+ came out. It is a great bang for the buck option and does sound good. I would go with the EV over the Headrush 112 for sure. I currently only have the Headrush 108 and it has way too much low end but I play mainly through a power amp and cab. I am also currently trying to sell a guitar to upgrade my FRFR.

Does this mean that ev is a better choice than headrush or yamaha DXR?

Not sure about “best”... depends on your needs, how it will be used, pocketbook etc. A lot on this forum swear by the Yamaha DXR and others like the Headrush 112’s... lots of good choices out there.

There are quite a few threads where this is discussed - might want to try reading through some of those then going out and trying one if you’re able.

I’m personally saving up for a pair of Headrush 112’s...

Yes, i understand. I primarily need to have a monitor on stage when I play. So far I've always played on an amplifier so I have to get used to the processor. It may not be a bad option a kemper in a box. it’s all a matter of habit.

Did you put the individual Rigs into the Shared folder of a Kemper-formatted USB drive?

If so. have you checked your Browse settings in the Profiler? Is it set at All Rigs?

Yes i did everything. The files may have been corrupted? :/

when i turn on Kemper it says: rig memory you maxed out (You will not be able to store additional Rigs)

Maybe that's the reason. I have about 1100 profiles in browse mode...