Posts by cdestino9

The MAIN OUT XLR is quite hot. Have you tried the -12dB PAD switch in the Output Section?

I have adjusted the volume on my speaker according to the output level of my Kemper to an acceptable level for my room.
    My concern here is that these settings could affect the sound quality so this could be the reason for what I'm feeling.

Thanks again.

Not sure, why you skipped Monitor Volume!?

The MONITOR OUTPUT might be the first choice to drive your powered frfr speaker.

It leaves the MAIN OUTPUT for FOH.

Thanks for replying me!

My speaker is connected to one channel of main output: could this impact on sound quality?

Monitor output is off.

Basically, I am using just the SPDIF out and one Main output channel in my current setup.
    And of course, the front jack for headphones.

Thanks!

Good morning,

Over the last times I used my Kemper I experienced some issues regarding the sound quality of the profiles, both clean and distorted.

I started to think that the cause could be due to wrong output volume settings.

I mainly use my Kemper with headphones and the issue is more pronounced when I hear it through my Headrush FRFR 108 speaker.
    I also have a Focusrite Scarlett connected to my Kemper through an SPDIF cable.

Here are my settings:

Main Volume -13 dB

Direct Volume -14 dB

Headphones Vol. -7 dB

SPDIF Volume 0.0 dB

Pure Cabinet 2.5

Space 2.5

The volume I hear through the speaker is ok but the quality seems rather poor compared on what I hear by headphones.

Should I change something in those values? For example settings al of these to 0 dB and adjust them on the speaker?

Many thanks!

Good evening,

I was thinking about to buy an UPS to protect my Kemper to voltage issues and for having a backup power if the light goes out.

I know that there are different kind of UPSs, the chepest are pseudo-sinusoidal and the more expensives are sinusoidal.

Is a pseudo-sinusoidal UPS ok for the Kemper?

Which is the best solution to protect the Kemper from electrical line shocks, since this is my main target, and power related issues and interferences?

Many thanks.

Good afternoon,
    I'm experiencing a kind of issue with my Kemper.

Since I can't get too loud in my room, I've setted Main Volume level to -13 dB. I have an FRFR108 speaker.

I don't know if my issue is related to this, but my profiles sounds with no sustain at all and when I try to play some tapping or legato with distorted profiles it sounds no good at all. This happens with a large amount of good quality profiles.

Should I turn up my Master Volume and instead lower the speaker volume to get the desired level or it's fine my settings? Can this parameter affect the tones other than volume?

Do you have any advice for adding some sustain or more spacing to distorted profiles?

Many thanks, and stay safe!

Good morning,

I am trying a Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm headphones with my kemper head no power.

At my home with my FRFR 108 I use to set master volume level at -10 dB, with FRFR volume set to 2/10 and it works great for me (very loud and clear in my room).
    This Kemper Master volume settings works pretty well also with the iPhone heaphones I have used so far.

Now with my new heaphones I noticed that I have to increase the Master volume of the Kemper to 0 dB to have a decent volume (I think this is due to the higher impedance of the headphones).

On the other hand, when I turn on my FRFR 108 it is too high.

What do you think about my settings? There is a way to unlink the master volume to the main output and Headphone output?

Many thanks!

Don't know why the TAG didn't work! Sorry, the upper post is a reply to your latest one. Many thanks.

Thanks for your reply!

Just to let you understand what I'm exactly talking about I report this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I exactly hear the same noise, sincronized with my PC working activity (e.g. mouse movements). However,. the content of the video is irrelevant for our discussion.

I've read the aqvox article and I founded it really interesting: it also includes some interfaces that are compatible, but only the Scarlett 2i2 is reported for Focusrite brand (maybe because 2i4 requires more power since has more input/output ports?).

Also, I haven't seen any price or order form. Do you know how much it costs?

So far, the iFi iDefender seems a good solution, but I have to find a proper 5V power supply.

I've also founded another interesting point of view: If one connects the internal chassis of the Focusrite through an electrical wire to the case of the PC that provides the feed, the ground loop could be broke as a new lower impedance path for the current that generates the noise is created.

Altough seems the cheapest solution to try I haven't yet, because I'm not really excited at the idea to open it but, by by logical point of view I think it could be a working solution.

Many thanks, again!

Can you advice me some specific 5V power supply? I have the 5V 1A charger of my old iPhone, but I don't know if it would be suitable as low noise for this application.

Many thanks for your reply!

I just have to clear my mind a little: My focusrite 2i4 snd gen has just one USB type B port which serves both as data transfer and power supply. In your opinion, to solve the problem can I just apply the iFi iDefender3.0 at my motherboard's USB port and from here connect the data/power USB cable to my focusrite?

Many thanks.

I don't think that usb connection from pc to Kemper is a problem in THIS case. The main problem here is the bus powered usb connection from pc to audiointerface.

For other cases there are cheap usb isolators available. For example I use such cheap china adapters for connecting my nux solid studio (for editor) to eleminate any noise the unit generates.

Thanks for your reply! Do you advice me an USB isolated cable and do you know a commercial one I can buy?
    Thanks again!

Yes, I used to have the same issue with my RJM Mastermind PBC connected to the editor by USB. Apparently there is an isolated USB cable that sorts it. I never bought one as I ended up just unplugging the USB from the PBC but it is likely to be more useful leaving the KPA connected.

Many thanks for your reply! I think that this isolated USB cable could be a solution for me. Do you know a commercial cable of this kind?
    I would like to have the audio interface on while I'm playng with the Kemper so I have to find something like this if I want to solve the problem.
    Thanks again!

When the Kemper is off I can hear the noise through the FRFR 108, because I have one of its input connected to the Kemper and the other to the audio interface for listening also the PC audio when I need. As Ipreviously stated, the only way to eliminate the noise is to disconnect the Focusrite 2i4 from the USB cable (which is is power source).

If the kemper is on and I unplug the cable or engage the kill switch of my guitar the noise is attenuated.

My mouse and keyboard are combo wireless, one adapter for both.

I have LCD IPS screen

For the PSU, here is my doubt. I've tried to put it out of my PC case but nothing is changed.

Since it is a good 550W plus gold certified power supply which has almost 4 years of normal/light usage, I prefer do not change it unless I would 100% sure that it is the origin of the problem. I have no graphic card because I use the one integrated in my i7-6700 CPU so I think is well sized for my deskpo PC.

I'll wait for some advices or opinion!

Many thanks.

Good evening,

I'm struggling with a bad ground loop (I think).

When I've my Kemper plugged into my Focusrite 2i4 I can hear a noise, expecially with high gain profiles, which is directly linked to the movements of my mouse and even when my CPU is working more intensively.

I've tried to push the ground/lift button both in the Kemper and on my speaker (FRFR108) but it hadn't any effect.

I can hear that noise even with the headphones directly connected to the Kemper.

I've tried also to move the Kemper in a separate current outlet but it was useless.

The only way to stop this is to unplug the USB audio interface. So I think the issue is coming from the USB connection that it should be causing a ground loop.
    But I'm quite confused, because I've kept the Kemper connected to the same motherboard to use RigManager and no noise can be heard.

So, should I have to change my audio interface because it is defective or should I have to investigate more (e.g. on the PSU of my PC, which is mid-range one)?

Has anyone win this battle with similar problems?

Many thanks!

Good evening, I own an audio interface with no S/PDIF ports, so I would have to connect the Kemper through the balanced male XLR main output connectors.

Which is, according to your opinion, the best type of cable for this purpose? Which cables do you use?

I saw some stuff from Mogami, Wireworld Luna, Mackenzie and Van den Hul but it is not clear for me which can be the best one looking also for the quality/price ratio.

Many thanks!

from what I can tell by looking at their website it does have two mono inputs to connect to different instruments or sources at the same time. Have you tried to set the Profilers output source to master mono and only connect a single cable between the devices?

Good morning and thanks for your reply!

Just tried your suggestion: I've found an improvement of the definition of my sound in the mid/high gain profiles range!

I'll think I'll use the other input of the FRFR cab to connect the output of my audio interface.

If you use any delay , check if the delay has "Modulation" activated .....

Can sound like "phaser" in mono output :/

Cheers !

Thanks for your reply!
    No delay is applied and I have stereo connection to the FRFR 108 cab. It seems it has been resolved just by rebooting the Kemper, but this is not the first time I'm experiencing this issue. Don't know and can't imagine which could be the origin.

Good evening,

I'm quite new to Kemper and I'm currently expriencing an issue: almost all my profiles, expecially high gain ones, when I play sounds like they have a kind of subtle phaser effect applied, even if no phaser stomp is in.

I want to try to avoid a reset to factory settings and I'm here to ask if there is something I can try in general settings to try to fix this. Many thanks!

R.