Posts by rickplaysbass

Next big update should include the ability to "profile" your tone stack. Pick a knob start at noon, profile. Turn halfway up, profile. Full crank, profile. Halfway down, profile. All the way down, profile. For each knob/switch you have; so long as Kemper has that many available to you.

Yeah, it's a tremendous update.

As long as you're not a bass player.

ckemper , we couldn't get even one LQP amp? Even just the Noble DI (2 band w/HPF switch), B15 (2 band and gain), or SVT (vintage or CL) would be AMAZING. Maybe a GK, Eden, SWR... Tons of other but those first three and extra three would cover a HUGE amount of ground. And you know us bass players are pretty easygoing, we'd gladly slap the same one or two on dang near all our profiles.

rickplaysbass - all of the best bassists are incredibly patient. 😀

Can I ask that we use the acronym LQP for liquid profiling? I can't see LP without thinking Les Paul and suspect it's the same for a few.

Patient enough to have curated over 30k in bass specific profiles from creating my own and trading with others creating. 😉

Now if I could just get a Noble, B15, and SVT LQP addition I would be IN LOVE!

I’ve been looking into the unit and it looks good, but no videos on YouTube really explain anything about using the S/Pdif. Is the S/Pdif accessible from the actual audio interface somehow? I mean….is it possible to adjust volume on the S/Pdif out and the DAW out - on the unit itself?

How is the drivers? Any annoying stuff? How is the quality regarding buttons, dial knobs etc?

Build quality is top notch. The software mixer allows you to adjust all the levels you need into all your different outs separately. I have had two monitor setups, two headphones, and Bluetooth headphones setup with different mixes at once. I've had zero issues with drivers. The one thing I have to remember to check is that when using SPDIF the rates have to be the same and the Kemper has to be the master or it will introduce some small clock ticks occasionally. Not really an issue when just playing, but definitely not good for recording.

****SIGH****

I figured as much, but no love whatever for Bass players. Not a single liquid profile in there for us. I'd LOVE to get a simple two band with a HPF from a Noble DI or a simple gain and two band from a B15. An SVT stack would be phenomenal.

I'm loving this new stuff on my guitar profiles, just wish I had SOME love for bass.

Avid MBOX Studio checked all those boxes for me. Plus it has some minor processing in its mixer suite (para eg, soft limiter, verb, and delay) which are nice to have, but not necessary. All in all, I've been extremely happy with mine. As for SPDIF cracks, I find that the only time I have that issue is when I don't have my Clock source set properly. I tend to run my Kemper as the clock.

You can always try to profile the Amplitube Orange. I got excellent results profiling a UAD Ampeg.

I'm going to do just that with my Brainworx Plugins. I was using those exclusively before I bought my Kemper. GREAT IDEA!!!!

Also, I bought the Steve Cook profiles from Michael Britt because of the charitable nature of the profit sharing and I love them so far. I have honestly been stuck on the "Nimble" (Noble Preamp) profiles. Add an IR cabinet from OH and I'm exactly where I love to be in terms of a cover-all for tone.