Backup file naming

• Hello everybody,
    been some time since my last visit here.

At last I had time to upgrade to the latest 2.0.1, and on the fly I took chance to clean up my rigs by doing the Backup/untar/delete/tar move.
    See the thread "too many rigs, need to cleanup." (waiting for some kind of official/unofficial librarian sw appearing... )

Not a big problem, but I'd suggest to modify backup (tar) file naming removing the space between the date and time, maybe using an underscore "_" instead, because it forces to use the double quotes in tar/untar command lines.

e.g.: now is "2013-07-09 09-07-49", could be 2013-07-09_09-07-49

I know, it's a tweak, and I'm lazy, but had 30 sec of confusion, before figuring out what the command line errors came from... could be annoying for some less IT-skilled...
    Nothing necessary, but somewhat useful... :)

• I use TOTAL COMMANDER for this. I just click on a .kpabackup file like it was any other directory. This means I don't have to tar/untar. Instead I just backup, delete and then, instead of saving as .tar I go back, up in the directory hirachy and it is done.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I use TOTAL COMMANDER for this. I just click on a .kpabackup file like it was any other directory. This means I don't have to tar/untar. Instead I just backup, delete and then, instead of saving as .tar I go back, up in the directory hirachy and it is done.

Hello fretboardminer,
    I used Commander-like programs a lot in the past, but I forgot to mention now I'm a OSX user, and I wanted to use the tools available by default...
    thx for the suggestion anyway, TC is a very useful program.

although even if I were in WIndows, I'd never like space char in filenames...
    (thinking all the times I by accident renamed a file to "." or " " , in unix :( )

• TC is a very useful program.

Yes it is! I was several times on the edge of jumping into the Mac pool (never really did) and found this here. I didn't try any of those. But maybe it is helpful for you?

although even if I were in WIndows, I'd never like space char in filenames...
    (thinking all the times I by accident renamed a file to "." or " " , in unix :( )

Yes, that is true!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.