Vanilla profile, without effects?

• Hello everybody,

I don't remember if it was already discussed in detail, but since KPA is an AMP profiler, I wonder if:
    1) does make any difference in terms of amp "feeling" and responsiveness if I use the KPA only for amp simulation, continuing to use my pedals to add the effects I need?
    (placing them before the KPA, like I usually do with regular amps)

2) Using the send/return loop implies a double A/D D/A signal conversion... Could this make preferrable using the inner effects?
    I'm always talking in terms of responsiveness to touch/play, more than sound by itself...

I think it's easy for me to discover.. I just need to try! :)
    But since I'm more tolerant than before to these kind of issues, I'm curious if some hardcore amp tester/player did notice any difference...

• 1) The profiler takes any pedals just fine.

Hi Ingolf, thx for answering.
    I think I miswrote my first question... my point wasn't if the KPA would accept a pedal signal or not, but if the KPA made any difference in terms of responsivenes (thus quality of emulation/profiling) if used with or without internal effects set.

I know it sounds a bit "nerdy", but my idea is that without using internal effects, the "pure" amp simulation could be even better... thus my thought about using the KPA as amp-only simulation, and continuing to use my beloved outboard pedals, wether in front or in the send/return loop ...

• Hmm... Only you can tell in the end. I know there are stomps out there that don't exist in the profiler (yet?).
    So it is all about personal preferences.
    I an assure you though that the Kemper doesn't loose any responsiveness when using internal FX (if that is what you were wondering).